Wine tasting

Karen Lynn

Seems to me I recall various programs like that -- some martini tastings, some wine tastings, etc. But I don't think they are held in La Reserve -- but I'm guessing.

I also think the prices vary according to what they will be serving. Just watch out for these offerings in your Daily Currents. They will tell you when, where and how much.

Mura

No-someone told me there was a wine tasting only? With cheeses etc..

:confused:

Yes there was some when we have been on the R-ships

Prices will vary by cruise

Lyn

On this 18 day Pacific Mysteries cruise there were a number of wine tastings as well as scotch, martini and others I don't remember. The wine tasting was $25 - $100. Meg and I were going to do the 100 tasting but decided that we really did not want to spend 200 + 18% for wine at 1 in the afternoon.

Also on some evenings they had "happy hour" wine in La Reserve. We did not go, as one bottle a night at dinner is plenty, but it was advertised as wine by the glass at "happy hour prices". Not sure what that means.

Can you tell me what the cost for wine tasting is in La Reserve?

Anyone know?

Thanks!

A friend of my said the La Reserve by Wine Spectator wine tastings were really well done. They had done some of the wine tastings in Martini's on other cruises and they did not feel professionally done. But they enjoyed the La Reserve tastings and had the opportunity to taste some very nice wine. The pricing will vary based on what is being served. It seems it varied from $25 to $100. He said that if you enjoy wine and won't have an opportunity to dine in the restaurant, then he recommends doing a tasting.

The tastings are not included in the wine packages. They are a separate charge.

What would house wine be? Any idea?

Thank you!!

For the first few years it was pretty consistently La Crema. That may or may not be the case on your cruise, but it is always something of that quality.

Archived