Revamped Carnival Sunshine facing problems in maiden voyage

that analogy only works if you plan on having paying guests with you, a la bed and breakfast or the like.

should their room not be ready, or no hot water or toilets working,, your advertised pool not working, do you remain silent till they show up?

and then blame your contractor?

Nope, sorry, the analogy works if you plan on paying for the home, and then living in it.

Why does everyone keep calling the Destiny a "failed ship"?? I sailed on her and loved it!! Why does the Destiny get such a bad rep?

Because they want to see it fail. They are so critical of anything "Carnival" that they don't care. It could be that they feel that since they have stock in the company that they should get some say in what happens, and it makes them made when they don't.

Because they want to see it fail. They are so critical of anything "Carnival" that they don't care. It could be that they feel that since they have stock in the company that they should get some say in what happens, and it makes them made when they don't.

A lot of RCL pom pom waving cheer leaders desperately searching for ways to justify the thousands spent on floating theme parks with boring itineraries and crappy food and service..."we got bumper cars, though"...whoopie

A lot of RCL pom pom waving cheer leaders desperately searching for ways to justify the thousands spent on floating theme parks with boring itineraries and crappy food and service..."we got bumper cars, though"...whoopie

which rccl ship have you sailed?

Actually: that was clever. Thanks for my morning laugh!:D

Those who cannot expect a few hitches should avoid sailing new, or newly refurbished, ships until several cruises have passed, so that such issues can be addressed.

Otherwise, they should expect a few 'adventures; and take them in their stride.

No I am not but they should report not embellish the news.

Hey they've been embellishing the news ever since the Atca Diurna started it all.:(

(It was the first newspaper published - 59 B.C. in Rome)

i.e. a long, long time!

Those who cannot expect a few hitches should avoid sailing new, or newly refurbished, ships until several cruises have passed, so that such issues can be addressed.

When most of the booked this sail date it wasn't supposed to be the first one. Carnival cancelled the first few sailings.

This will be my first CCL sailing. I've previously done NCL (several times), P&O and MSC. I've not done RCCL.

All this bickering between CCL and RCCL afficionados is pretty pathetic though. Why is there the need? It's like kids arguing between XBox and Playstation.

These people on the ship right now THOUGHT she would have a few cruises under her belt when they purchased their cruise. They did not sign up for the first cruise after her extensive dry dock.

Pat

These people on the ship right now THOUGHT she would have a few cruises under her belt when they purchased their cruise. They did not sign up for the first cruise after her extensive dry dock.

Pat

just received this from my friend who asked me to post this -- they can't get on Internet!!!!

I am trying to post this for the "non believers and don't know how. Can u copy and paste it for me.

I love how groups of people who aren't even on this ship are doubting any of this. As someone who is on the ship and taken dozens of cruises that I love. I can attest first hand that ABSOLUTELY everything you are reading in my fellow passengers comments are 100% true and that is just the least of it. There are countless amounts of people having to shower in the spa shower because there bathrooms are still not complete. Believe what you want but it would be asinine for people who have planned and looked forward to this vacation for up to a year to have nothing better to do then make up fairy tales to you people. So for you non passengers and non believes go ahead and keep booking your Carnival cruises because this is my last one. BTW anyone who is booked on future cruises on the ship in an Ocean Suite beware... They completely screwed up the bathroom by putting the toilet about 3" from the tub so your knees don't fit. The only possible way to sit is by sitting sideways. All Ocean Suites are built the same wrong way. Not to mention the lights over the bed do not turn off.

Frank

If they can't get on the internet, how did you get it?

And why the ridicules font size?

I know, it is worse than a big block of words, all in caps. Very annoying.

So the font is annoying but you fail to comment on the points raised by a passenger on the ship?

I am trying to post this for the "non believers and don't know how. Can u copy and paste it for me.

Frank

So you pick the biggest size font possible to tell us some passengers have to shower in the spa and a light does not go off after dry dock and your done with Carnival? ok thanks!

So you pick the biggest size font possible to tell us some passengers have to shower in the spa and a light does not go off after dry dock and your done with Carnival? ok thanks!

Carnival are damned if they do and damned if they don't.... if they'd not sailed, people would have said they should have, and wouldn't have minded the problems, would rather that than the disappointment of cancelled cruise... if they do sail, people say they shouldn't have

In a perfect world the ship would have left on time, had it's planned 3 days sea trial where the only work to do was check the systems and functionality and all would have been great.... unfortunately the world isn't perfect, and some people just like complaining

I'll reserve judgement on all of it until those on board appear after getting off the ship and can give accurate feedback on the situation, not only upon initial boarding and first day or two, but by the end of the cruise and how they feel about the whole experience

So the font is annoying but you fail to comment on the points raised by a passenger on the ship?

I'm usually on the side of the poster and it annoys me when everyone piles on to question the poster's credibility, but something just feels wrong with that post. If the poster's friend can't get on the internet, how do they know what is being said on CC?

Archived