Transfer times

mjtripper

I have made my transfer arrangements with a car service (romeinlimo) now I am re-thinking that the times may be a bit too early.

How long does it take to get from Rome (Albergo Santa Chiara) to cruise port?

I requested a 10:30 am pick up time. Wondering if this is too early or should I bump this up? We will be traveling on a Friday morning.

How long does it take to get from the cruise port to FCO? We have a 12:55 pm flight to Amsterdam flying out of terminal 1. I requested an 8:30 am pick up time. We will be traveling on a Monday morning. Again does this seem like a good time or is it a bit too early?

I guess I should have asked before I made my reservation....

thanks

In terms of Civitavecchia to FCO, it's probably better to err on the side of caution. It normally takes a bit less than an hour from the cruise port to FCO, but if you are arriving on a busy day, it's well advised to arrive about 3 hours before your flight to allow sufficient time to go through all the lines without stressing.

From Rome to Civitavecchia it may be just a bit over an hour by road. Personally, I see no reason to rush to the ship. I'd rather enjoy a nice half day in Rome, eat lunch, then go to the terminal to check in. Of course, it depends what time your ship leaves, but to me, 10:30 would be early.

How long does it take to get from the cruise port to FCO? We have a 12:55 pm flight to Amsterdam flying out of terminal 1. I requested an 8:30 am pick up time. We will be traveling on a Monday morning. Again does this seem like a good time or is it a bit too early?

I'd want to be at FCO at 11 AM for this flight (you won't clear passport control until Amsterdam), so I think your pickup is a tad on the early side. If you get there at 9:30 (based on an 8:30 pickup) I think you'll find that the desk for your flight won't even be opened yet so you won't be able to check your bags and move beyond the first step anyway.

I like to be early instead of late, so getting to places early will ease my anxiety. But just as euro cruiser said, the check-in counter may not be ready for you. This happened to us when we were there last November. We had to wait a couple of hours for them to open.

We has arranged a pick up for 8 am from RomeCabs, after getting on the ship they said we could get off between 7 and 7:30, I just emailed to the cab co and they were there at 7:30 when we walked off the ship, it took 45-50 minutes at that time of the day to get to the airport. We had a 11:50 flight and had a good hour left to shop before the flight.

Archived