Question about Disembarking/Embarking from Alternate Cities

jresn02

Can one start a cruise in a city other than where it starts (say day 3 of a 12 day cruise). Likewise can leave a cruise on day 9 of a 12 day cruise?

doing a European cruise and don't have 12 days, but could do 9. Price is very good. THANKS!

Ive asked this question of princess before. Yes its possible (as long as their are no legal issues like you would find on a US cruise because of the PVSA) however, the rep I spoke with said you will still have to pay the entire cost of the cruise, there is no prorated rate....so there you go, it may not be worth it.

Also, not all ports are available for this option, they have to have any necessary customs/security in place and not all do.

You also cannot try to loop over a turnaround day (i.e. board on day 3 of cruise 1 and leave on day 3 of cruise 2 on the same route).

We are Croatian and wanted to disembark early in Split to visit family, instead of going on to Venice, where we had already spent a fair amount of time. It was no problem, even though Split was a tender port. The crew was very good about assisting us with out luggage and I don't even remember any customs officials. Maybe they had previously cleared us.

When we disembarked early in Ensenada, however, it was a bigger deal. We had customs officials and had to buy a visa before we left the ship. That too had to be prearranged.

Archived