Cunard Ship Upgrades

DDBINK1

I have seen one of the water ball (vollyball in a pool) contest.

Those Senior Officers are very funny to watch. Being American I was thinking the contest was a European thing. (Eastern Europe perhaps??). I don't think any of the staff were Brits. they were missing the look and all. The guests seemed out matched too.

I sailed Celebrity ships a couple of times and I think most, if not all of the senior officers are Greek.

I would like to see the daily program provided in a digital edition. Save all that wasteful paper trail.

Digital edition? Viewed where? What kind of device would I need to view the Daily ProgramMe once the 'wasteful' (recycled) paper has been eliminated?

I would like to see the daily program provided in a digital edition. Save all that wasteful paper trail.

They would make more money because we would have to use our paid Internet time to down load the daily program.

Don

I would really like a decorative revamp of the Kings Court area.

Getting rid of the naff murals and "figures" on top of the various food areas. It would cost peanuts and would make the whole thing look classier. I really think it lets the ship down.

Originally Posted by DDBINK1 viewpost.gif

I have seen one of the water ball (vollyball in a pool) contest.

Those Senior Officers are very funny to watch. Being American I was thinking the contest was a European thing. (Eastern Europe perhaps??). I don't think any of the staff were Brits. they were missing the look and all. The guests seemed out matched too.

I sailed Celebrity ships a couple of times and I think most, if not all of the senior officers are Greek.

Thus the speedo's they were wearing ha ha ha ha.

They would make more money because we would have to use our paid Internet time to down load the daily program.

Don

Not really. It could be set up to run on their free Internet pages.

I would like to see it available on all platforms. iPads, laptops or ereaders. .

We were always losing the paper editions but always had a phone,iPad or ereader with us.

Not really. It could be set up to run on their free Internet pages.

I would like to see it available on all platforms. iPads, laptops or ereaders. .

We were always losing the paper editions but always had a phone,iPad or ereader with us.

I was not aware of any free Internet pages. This will be my first time on Cunard and I will be traveling 94 days with an iPhone & iPad. Any additional information on the free Internet pages would be appreciated.

Don

You can visit Cunard.com (possibly including the "We Are Cunard" blog) on your PC while aboard any of the ships without paying for the internet connection. Probably it's a locally-hosted mirror but it can be helpful in troubleshooting problems connecting to the wireless network.

I like the printed version of the Daily Programme (or Program, if you read it on a computer :D ).

Many times my family/friends/me have taken one/two to read and discuss over breakfast, planning when to meet up, where to have lunch, what we want to do together, where we can be found at certain times of the day.

It is lightweight, folds easily (fits in a pocket). If we spill coffee over it, or Eggs Benedict (what a waste :eek: ), or gets dropped on the floor, if we leave a copy behind on the table or against a chair leg, none of this matters.

Whilst ipads, iphones etc have their place (very much so!), I think they can, on occasions be just one more thing to lug around/leave behind/damage/return to the cabin before going for a swim/needs charging (I'm certainly not a slave to mine). Give the old fashioned printed version of the Daily Programme, thank you :) .

I like the printed version of the Daily Programme (or Program, if you read it on a computer :D ).

Many times my family/friends/me have taken one to read and discuss over breakfast, planning when to meet up, where to have lunch, what we want to do together, where we can be found at certain times of the day.

It is lightweight, folds easily (fits in a pocket). If we spill coffee over it, or Eggs Benedict (what a waste :eek: ), or gets dropped on the floor, if we leave a copy behind on the table or against a chair leg, none of this matters.

Whilst i-pads, i-phones etc have their place (very much so!), I think they can, on occasions be just one more thing to lug around/leave behind/damage/return to the cabin before going for a swim/needs charging (I'm certainly not a slave to mine). Give the old fashioned printed version of the Daily Programme, thank you :) .

Exactly - stamped, signed and sealed!

Many times my family/friends/me have taken one/two to read and discuss over breakfast, planning when to meet up, where to have lunch, what we want to do together, where we can be found at certain times of the day.

Whilst ipads, iphones etc have their place (very much so!), I think they can, on occasions be just one more thing to lug around/leave behind/damage/return to the cabin before going for a swim/needs charging (I'm certainly not a slave to mine). Give the old fashioned printed version of the Daily Programme, thank you :) .

I agree regarding the programme but I think they could get rid of the news paper they put out. If I want the news I spend my morning in room coffee time watching one of the news channels on the TV.

I agree regarding the programme but I think they could get rid of the news paper they put out. If I want the news I spend my morning in room coffee time watching one of the news channels on the TV.
I agree with you, by time I've received it, it is mostly history, not news. And because of pressures of space, it is almost all headlines: leaving me wanting details of the one story that (maybe) interested me...

Mind you, if it was stopped, some would complain of "another Cunard cutback" "I never received my daily newspaper" "my cruise was ruined" etc... ;)

I like the printed version of the Daily Programme ...
Me too. Last December for the first time on QM2 a pile of Daily Programmes wasn't available for breakfast reading at the Grills restaurant entrances. My wife isn't a breakfast person, so I leave our Daily Programme with her to read over her tea and croissant in the cabin while I go to the restaurant for my standard breakfast at sea. Anyway, when I complained to the Maitre D' about the lack of breakfast reading material (yes, he was there at 8 AM) he apologized for the change in policy and said that he would get me a copy. To my astonishment he came to my table ten minutes later bearing not a Daily Programme but a photo copy of the Daily Programme. Not exactly the penny-pinching economy that the Cunard bean counters expected, eh?

Exactly - stamped, signed and sealed!

It is so nice to go back to the cabin at night and find The Daily Programme

on our bed waiting to be checked for what is on the following day.

We travel with a computer but we still both love to read 'real' books that we can hold and a Programme that we can tuck in a pocket and take with us and write notes thereon.

I had to take our chromebook to breakfast one day as I working on it right before the resturant opened in the morning. I put it carefully against the leg of the table to be out of the way and walked off and left it. :eek: Thankfully, some honest person turned it into lost and found and 'we' were reunited by the evening. :)

I do hope that they don't discontinue the paper Programmes as I would hate to have to lug a computer or other device in order to read them and they make nice keepsakes also. ;)

best regards,

seasidegal

There are multiple editions of the newspapers for many nationalities. Some of us like to get news from our home countries.

The problem with watching news channels on TV is that CNN and, to a lesser extent, the BBC are quite unaware of the existence of large parts of the globe and many of the nations that make up our global community.

We travel with a computer but we still both love to read 'real' books that we can hold and a Programme that we can tuck in a pocket and take with us and write notes thereon.

I had to take our chromebook to breakfast one day as I working on it right before the resturant opened in the morning. I put it carefully against the leg of the table to be out of the way and walked off and left it. :eek: Thankfully, some honest person turned it into lost and found and 'we' were reunited by the evening. :)

I do hope that they don't discontinue the paper Programmes as I would hate to have to lug a computer or other device in order to read them and they make nice keepsakes also. ;)

best regards,

seasidegal

Thanks and yes, honest people still exist :D and so often "classical" ways of information are much easier to handle.

Ahoy!

Cats 2010

It has been a few years since I have sailed on the QM2 but one thing that was missing was an interactive tv system. If Cunard has not yet put in such a system, it needs to. Passengers should have a means to make spa and dining reservations, order room service or excursion tickets or in-room movies from the cabin. The Queen Mary 2 debuted with such a system (perhaps more limited) and then got rid of it; other cruise lines (and hotels) have such systems; Cunard needs one.

It has been a few years since I have sailed on the QM2 but one thing that was missing was an interactive tv system. If Cunard has not yet put in such a system, it needs to. Passengers should have a means to make spa and dining reservations, order room service or excursion tickets or in-room movies from the cabin. The Queen Mary 2 debuted with such a system (perhaps more limited) and then got rid of it; other cruise lines (and hotels) have such systems; Cunard needs one.

Yes, either that or assign everyone a butler that does all that for you. It is Cunard isn't it?? White Star Service !!

• 4 weeks later...
QM2 is ahead of the game because its two turbine generators are physically and fuel-source separate from its four diesel generators. I hope that the turbine generators are not hard-wired to the propulsion pods only; it would be a comfort to know that they could power the toilets and kitchens if need be.

Yes, the gas turbines are connected to the same electrical distribution system as the diesel generators.

best regards,

seasidegal

I hope you didn't have to fight through substantial queues of pax at the guest relations desk who were trying to get more OBC or making more complaints about the Service they were receiving!

When my watch dropped off my wrist on board and was turned in....no one was at the desk when I gratefully reclaimed it ....must have hit a quiet spell !

For everyone's information...... I hope I'm following in the spirit of the jocular trend of this thread for those who may think I might be trying to stir things up....

None the less I am very glad you experienced the same honesty on your trip.

Restores your faith somewhat doesn't it .

I hope you didn't have to fight through substantial queues of pax at the guest relations desk who were trying to get more OBC or making more complaints about the Service they were receiving!

When my watch dropped off my wrist on board and was turned in....no one was at the desk when I gratefully reclaimed it ....must have hit a quiet spell !

For everyone's information...... I hope I'm following in the spirit of the jocular trend of this thread for those who may think I might be trying to stir things up....

None the less I am very glad you experienced the same honesty on your trip.

Restores your faith somewhat doesn't it .

Morning Heather, (good afternoon, to you)

There was a short line (can't say what they were in line about). I was very anxious to find out if it had been turned in so the line 'seemed' to move slow, but not anxious to admitting that I was 'absence-minded' enough to leave a new computer under a table. :eek:

Re Honesty: I believe most people are honest and would do their best to return lost objects. Of course, it is wonderful to find out that that belief is backed up by the fact of your lost object being returned to you.:)

Very happy, also, your watch was returned to you!

Hope you are having a good day in beautiful Edinburgh,

seasidegal

Archived