priority checkin

If I am a Gold member and get priority check in will the couple that is joining us on the cruise get to come with us???

Most terminal people will let a group stay together, but if not, you just stay with your friends. The difference is maybe 10 minutes.

I was looking at the C&A benefits the other day, and noticed "Priority Check-In" isn't included for Gold members anymore, is that right? :(

It's still listed as a Gold benefit on the US site.

It's still listed as a Gold benefit on the US site.

Hmm, maybe it's just a change to RCIs British cruisers then. Seems rather odd and unfair, not that it made a major difference anyway.

I don't recall gold members getting that... before the change to include 'emerald' it was platinum and up and on some sailings, depending on demand it didn't include platinum. I look now and sure enough it says gold and up... but that wasn't the case when I was only gold. :/

I'd have to think gold and up is a rather large percentage of those sailing.

Judy

On the RCL website it does say "Subject to availability" for Priority Check In so I would guess it is at the discretion of the RCL people running things at embarkation and will vary depending on how busy things are. On my next cruise even the 11 and 12 year olds will be Gold and only the 3 year old will be on his first cruise - so I can imagine the Priority Check In line could get pretty big pretty fast if they let all the Gold members in.

Anyway, I don't recall ever getting into a special checkin line for my previous RCL cruises so at least in Port Canaveral it may be restricted to higher levels. But I also don't recall waiting very long in line so it's not an issue.

In Tampa they had 4 lines:

1. Diamond+, Pinnacle and Suite guests

2. Platinum, Emerald, Diamond

3. Gold

4. Everybody else

The "everybody else" line was actually the shortest other than the D+, Pinnacle, and Suite guests line.

Question - I just looked this up on the RCI site, but could not find the answer.

How old do you need to be to sign up for C & A? We will be taking our first cruise this fall, so my wife and I were planning to sign up (you never know, we might catch the fever and do this whole cruise thing again), but we will also be traveling with our 4 y/o son. Can I sign him up too?

Question - I just looked this up on the RCI site, but could not find the answer.

How old do you need to be to sign up for C & A? We will be taking our first cruise this fall, so my wife and I were planning to sign up (you never know, we might catch the fever and do this whole cruise thing again), but we will also be traveling with our 4 y/o son. Can I sign him up too?

Yes. Kids of any age can signup as long as they've been on one cruise.

Of course. He will start earning points in his own right and they do have coupon books for kids.

Most terminal people will let a group stay together, but if not, you just stay with your friends. The difference is maybe 10 minutes.

Great answer Clarea, why does it matter if you get on board a few minutes earlier that eveyone else........just chill it's your holiday, there will always be rude people.......don't be one of them

PS

when it comes to life boats first in best dressed.:eek:

Archived