2 months to cruise....final push!

adira

Hello! I am super excited about my upcoming cruise, and I want to look fantastic in all the pictures I plan to make my husband take of me! :D

My goal is to lose about 10 pounds, and be super toned. I have slowly (and sadly) come to realize that my diet is more important than exercise, which sucks since I love to exercise and love to eat!

Normally, I do quite well with both diet and exercise, though a healthy diet is a constant struggle. However, I am a teacher, and we're in the final push, and not stabbing a child (joke, for those of you who just gasped) takes all of my willpower, leaving me vulnerable to the goodies foisted upon me by students and coworkers. In addition, I'm currently having some trouble getting my biochemistry under control, and have had to switch birth control, might have to change my thyroid medication, and had to up my "happy pills", much to my chagrin (note: do NOT try to drop the happy pills cold turkey. You will probably not succeed, to extreme measures).

So, here is my plan: 300-400-500 cal break-lunch-dinner, with 2 150 cal snacks. I plan to exercise 4x/week minimum (I enjoy exercise, and it helps relieve stress, so doing more is a joy for me....it's TIME that isn't on my side!).

My struggles: 1) like I said, this is the final push. We have 17 school days left (yes, I am counting. Why do you ask?), and it's HARD. 2) booze. Again, I'm a teacher....married to a teacher. Booze helps us cope. 3) Mom to two youngins'. 3) a husband who LOVES junk food, and 4) I hate to cook on Friday, so we often end up getting pizza, Whataburger, or BBQ, and then Sat. is often date night, which often includes dinner and drinks.

I'm going to check in here often, to keep myself accountable.

Anyone want to join me?

With a Whataburger reference...you HAVE to live in Texas!!

I'm so sad. We had to move from our beloved Texas last summer. It's all good. It's just what had to happen in life...but we seriously miss our Texas.

Anyway...your post totally cracks me up. I'm thinking we have a bit in common...as I take another sip of my wine...LOL ;)

So what do you do for exercise?

Hello there! Best of luck with your plan! I'm in the same boat. We have just under 2 months left and i have about another 10lbs I want to lose. It's been hard for me because most of the people I know (friends / family) and am around all the time belong in one of two categories 1. They have super awesome high metabolisms and can eat whatever they want without gaining a pound or 2. They are overweight and don't care and eat whatever they want. So I am constantly tempted with sweets and yummy carbs.

My plan so far is to just say "no" to all that food. I've started eating a LOT of fruit. I've also upped my gym time and started doing more strength training.

I'm crossing my fingers for both of us!! I hope you have a great time on your vacation!! :)

All the best,

Abrianne

With a Whataburger reference...you HAVE to live in Texas!!

I'm so sad. We had to move from our beloved Texas last summer. It's all good. It's just what had to happen in life...but we seriously miss our Texas.

Anyway...your post totally cracks me up. I'm thinking we have a bit in common...as I take another sip of my wine...LOL ;)

So what do you do for exercise?

I'll admit....I'm perusing the message boards with a rum and Coke Zero (I did account for it in my calories!)!

I'll do just about anything for exercise. I don't belong to a gym right now, but if I did, I am a group fitness JUNKIE. LOVE classes.

I mostly run (with or without the jogging stroller), I do some tabata workouts and other hiit workouts, and I pull all the workouts from Women's Health and off the interwebs. On days when I just can't manage a decent workout, I will at least go for a walk with the baby in the evening.

I have 3 weeks of school left, and then two weeks before my cruise, so during those two weeks, I'm going to be a workout maniac!

Today I finally succumbed and had a cookie at work (a coworker brought a HUGE box on Monday). I had it instead of the 90 calorie fiber one "brownie", and it was 150 calories, but you know, it was better than the "brownie" (who are they trying to kid??) and I actually avoided the dreaded pig-out while prepping dinner. So, yay me!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you sound the same as me! I'd like to also lose 10lbs for the summer and I also love to eat and exercise, but need to focus on cutting back food more often. I work all kinds of weird and late hours, which makes it tempting to snack at night... I also have a sweet tooth and love baked goods. I'm going to try to eat more raw veggies and drink more water in place of the bad things and hopefully that will help a bit!

Hmmmm...we need to start a little club for teachers who want to lose 10 lbs. before cruising this summer while simultaneously avoiding and end-of-year psychiatric episode lol. I do exercise regularly but I am going to up it a little more now as the school year winds down. I also mainly eat well because I have some intestinal issues now and again, but I've really been trying to avoid pretty much anything processed at this point and stick with a lot of fruit, vegetables, lean meat and fish, etc. I might just do the Special K diet for a couple of weeks if need be though! And I might try to lose a couple of pounds extra so I won't worry about gaining them back on the cruise :D Good luck all!

Hello! I am super excited about my upcoming cruise, and I want to look fantastic in all the pictures I plan to make my husband take of me! :D

My goal is to lose about 10 pounds, and be super toned. I have slowly (and sadly) come to realize that my diet is more important than exercise, which sucks since I love to exercise and love to eat!

Normally, I do quite well with both diet and exercise, though a healthy diet is a constant struggle. However, I am a teacher, and we're in the final push, and not stabbing a child (joke, for those of you who just gasped) takes all of my willpower, leaving me vulnerable to the goodies foisted upon me by students and coworkers. In addition, I'm currently having some trouble getting my biochemistry under control, and have had to switch birth control, might have to change my thyroid medication, and had to up my "happy pills", much to my chagrin (note: do NOT try to drop the happy pills cold turkey. You will probably not succeed, to extreme measures).

So, here is my plan: 300-400-500 cal break-lunch-dinner, with 2 150 cal snacks. I plan to exercise 4x/week minimum (I enjoy exercise, and it helps relieve stress, so doing more is a joy for me....it's TIME that isn't on my side!).

My struggles: 1) like I said, this is the final push. We have 17 school days left (yes, I am counting. Why do you ask?), and it's HARD. 2) booze. Again, I'm a teacher....married to a teacher. Booze helps us cope. 3) Mom to two youngins'. 3) a husband who LOVES junk food, and 4) I hate to cook on Friday, so we often end up getting pizza, Whataburger, or BBQ, and then Sat. is often date night, which often includes dinner and drinks.

I'm going to check in here often, to keep myself accountable.

Anyone want to join me?

My daughter and her husband are teachers and this part made me laugh so hard. She would say she knows exactly what you mean! :D

Archived