Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

thanks it was really helpful

we had a haven spa suite and it was in a terrible location, directly below 8 treadmills in the gym

I thought our balcony was small but reading the balcony ones I am shocked

We had 2 chairs on it but the width was the width of the legs of the chairs which meant that you could not actually sit on the chairs!

so we never got to use the balcony

Hi Bear M/D trip Any idea of how spa balcony staterooms arrange beds when separated? Can't find floor plan or photo Thanks for all your hard work!

The queen bed will just pull apart a foot or two in it's existing location.

This location can be near balcony or near closet fwiw. See last slide.

Have you clicked on the "X" for the B9 in the "Visual Aid Links" column?

There are photos/info there.

HTH

bear3412,

I have found your spread sheet enormously helpful! We are booked on the Getaway and since that information hasn't been available, I've been checking out all I can about Breakaway. I don't know that the stateroom layout will be identical, but I'm sure hopeful!! ;)

I just wanted to say thank you -- your spread sheet has been the most helpful of all the information I have found. :)

Ya done good! :D

....Ya done good! :D

Thanks Mom. :D lol.

Been awhile since I said that.

Yeah, I too wonder about differences and tweaks. Rumors were out during BA build that perhaps GA would have deeper balconies but ....., that could have been just a fantasy. lol. Guess I need to change the title now to include the GA. :)

ETA; I feel bad for stopping work on it. I had to get back to work. lol. Perhaps in February I'll have time to add content.

Edited by bear3412

Bear, thanks for this impressive spreadsheet. I feel very proud that MY video of cabin 10196 was included! :D. Really, I don't know how many hours this must have taken. How will you get the time to do this for ALL of NCL's ships?

...... I feel very proud that MY video of cabin 10196 was included! ........ How will you get the time to do this for ALL of NCL's ships?

Well of course your video was included. ;) It was thorough and available. Few were out at the time. Thanks for the help. I feel bad for not updating/adding the new visuals currently available though. Perhaps in Feb I'll have time.

Yeah, I had too much time on my hands at the time, not so currently.

LOL. :D The other NCL ships don't have quite the cabin uncertainty and conflicting info, and the wonderful CCers are here to handle any questions about those well traveled vessels. lol. :D

So the existing NCL ships will not have a spreadsheet created by me. Now a BA+ ? ? ? ... :cool: lol.

However, I do want to generate one for DCL's Fantasy as she is my favorite. :)

Learned a few things of course with the BA one.

Perhaps in February.

Happy sailing to all regardless of line.

Edited by bear3412

• 1 month later...

Just booked 2 B6 cabins on Getaway. Our PCC told me the square footage of the balcony on each of those rooms is 129 sf ? (can't confirm this until we're on the ship!) Hoping he is correct, since it is listed as a large balcony. This spreadsheet is awesome BTW - thank you for sharing!

Just booked 2 B6 cabins on Getaway. Our PCC told me the square footage of the balcony on each of those rooms is 129 sf ? (can't confirm this until we're on the ship!) Hoping he is correct, since it is listed as a large balcony. This spreadsheet is awesome BTW - thank you for sharing!

Doesn't the balcony size differ depending upon what deck you are on? Not sure. Did find this review where someone had a B6 on the Breakaway.

http://cruisewithgambee.com/breakaway-review-introduction/

• 5 weeks later...
Doesn't the balcony size differ depending upon what deck you are on? Not sure. Did find this review where someone had a B6 on the Breakaway.

http://cruisewithgambee.com/breakaway-review-introduction/

You are thinking of the aft B1, S6, M1's.

B6 balconies are all the same size. Large. I have 70sqft listed for the B6 balconies. That could be conservative, but I don't think they are 120sqft fwiw. The B6's are on deck 9 above the M6's on deck 8, which have even larger balconies. ;)

See slide #6 under B6 link. Our slide # 9 under M6 link. (Same slide fwiw)

HTH

Edited by bear3412

Can anyone advise which S5 suite(s) has the biggest balcony? According to the spread sheet the balcony size varies from 48 to 69 SQFT....

Within the spreadsheet is clickable links for most categories that leads to visual aids. These will help with your inquiries.

I feel S5's 16130 and 15126 have the largest balconies. These are the two most aft port side. Of course I like complete privacy on my balcony. I'm not sure this is provided on these two S5's. These two are the ones with larger balconies IMO.

Have you seen slide # 9 under the S5 link? Unless NCL installed some oneway glass film, I feel folks standing on deck in the public space may be able to see onto these port most aft S5's, and possibly more suite balconies. :eek:

Of course if you don't need total privacy, and would prefer the extra few sqft, then go for it.

Also see slides 8 and 9 under the S5 link. The only S5's that don't share a recess area, IOW, DO NOT have a balcony divider are port 15100 and 16104, and starboard 16704. I know we would also prefer a balcony w/o a divider. Especially recommended for smokers, as to disturb the neighbors less. IMO. ;)

HTH and makes sense.

Edited by bear3412

Expanding on the S5's; I see on the deckplans, forward port 15100 appears wider(larger) than other S5's. ? ? ? . It is not labeled HC as far as I can tell. So not sure what's up with that, but it does have it's own recess for balcony space, so it's balcony is more private than most other S5's as noted in PP ;) Deckplans don't list any icons either for 15100, indicating occupancy, like other S5's, weird. ? ? ?

Call NCL, then report back. :D

Edited by bear3412

Expanding on the S5's; I see on the deckplans, forward port 15100 appears wider(larger) than other S5's. ? ? ? . It is not labeled HC as far as I can tell. So not sure what's up with that, but it does have it's own recess for balcony space, so it's balcony is more private than most other S5's as noted in PP ;) Deckplans don't list any icons either for 15100, indicating occupancy, like other S5's, weird. ? ? ?

Call NCL, then report back. :D

Thank you so much, very valuable! I know cc-user TracyE mentioned that she had 15100 on a cruise in September, maybe she could share some info on which this cabin is smaller or larger than usual. It is actually the only S5 that is not mentioned with a single sofa when I try to book it.

... [15100]..share some info on which this cabin is smaller or larger than usual. It is actually the only S5 that is not mentioned with a single sofa when I try to book it.

That would be great, because that is the first I heard about a couch differential. Is it because this cabin was supposed to be HC, yet failed to meet the criteria, therefore is not HC. ? ? ? Or perhaps lacks a couch? ?

This occurs on other vessels, with other lines, IME, fwiw.

Does this cabin have a tub, or is the bath HC equipped?

Or, ... this cabin has a suite double sleeper couch possibly? ? ? :) ? ?

Seems awful wide not to have a couch. Don't know. Speculating. :p

Thanks for your input.

And thanks for any future feedback. :D

I feel S5's 16130 and 15126 have the largest balconies. These are the two most aft port side. Of course I like complete privacy on my balcony. I'm not sure this is provided on these two S5's. These two are the ones with larger balconies IMO.

I see that 15126 is available on the cruise I am looking at. What are your input on noise here? I see that the fitness center is directly across the hall, but I am not sure it is possible to enter it from the same hallway where 15126 is? Reduced privacy I can live with - noise not so much.

I see that 15126 is available on the cruise I am looking at. What are your input on noise here? I see that the fitness center is directly across the hall, but I am not sure it is possible to enter it from the same hallway where 15126 is? Reduced privacy I can live with - noise not so much.

So - went along and booked 15126! Any input on this cabin regarding noise and privacy will still be very much welcomed!

Bear...do you think, or know if the Getaway's deck plans and cabins are identical to the Breakaway??

The reason l'm asking is because I booked the one right next to the aft one Gambee had and was hoping for similar balcony space....deck 12... I think it is 12908...Gambees was 12906. It appears to be same cabin numbers in the same place on both ships. Thanks!