Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

I see that 15126 is available on the cruise I am looking at. What are your input on noise here? I see that the fitness center is directly across the hall, but I am not sure it is possible to enter it from the same hallway where 15126 is? Reduced privacy I can live with - noise not so much.

I don't see the fitness center across the hall. Down the hall 30 - 40 feet perhaps. :D

No worries with sound from the fitness center.

Did you see those slides regarding balcony privacy in my PP?

I will add booking the most aft haven suite on deck 15 you will have the least motion of all suites in Haven, if seas act up. ;)

Enjoy

ETA; I see/can read now, so disregard my inquiry. duh. lol.

I'm sure there is and entrance to the fitness center from the port hall, but plenty forward of your cabin. Although I never been in that hall.

Edited by bear3412

• 2 weeks later...
The reason l'm asking is because I booked the one right next to the aft one Gambee had and was hoping for similar balcony space....deck 12... I think it is 12908...Gambees was 12906. It appears to be same cabin numbers in the same place on both ships. Thanks!

Just got off the Breakaway last Sunday and we stayed in B1 aft balcony cabin 12908. WONDERFUL balcony.

When we first entered the cabin, the balcony had 2 chairs and a table by the railing along with 3 LOUNGE chairs and we still had room to walk around. Could not ask for anything better!

Bed was by the closet, which was a bit of a pain at times.

Poor designing through out the ship, along with a few good ones.

I took a few pictures of the balcony only, don't think I took any of the cabin. Let me know if you want me to "try" to figure out how to post the pictures here.

:)

Don't want to start a new thread just for one question. But, apologize in advance if anyone considers this question "off topic".

Does anyone know if the S9 Haven Spa Suite cabins includes a free Breakaway Spa pass? Or, are the Suites just in close proximity to the Spas, and require you to purchase a Spa Pass?

Yes

Thanks bear....especially for all of your hard work putting the spreadsheet together.

We've booked a Haven Spa Suite, and the fiancé wants to use the Spa. We were thinking since there's only two of us, we really don't need any more room. Except, if we were able to score a forward or aft Haven Suite for not a lot more money. Do those Haven Suites offer free SPA use?

Again, thanks!

Bear, Quick question on B9 cabin 14750, Spa. We are on the bump out below pool deck, should I expect noise in the AM with pool deck set up? And where is the smoking area? I hope its on the port side. Thanks, Bill

I would expect to hear a bit of noise being below pool deck in the am.

Can't help with the smoking areas on 15. Perhaps others will chime in.

• 1 month later...

Going on a Family vacation on the Getaway April 19th. Twenty of us altogether. The wife and I will be in cabin 12908 and my Sister and her family will be in 12906. Just wondering if the section of the divider by the railing can be taken out. I thought it would be cool if we could do that and have one big area for the family to hang out if we wanted to.

Thanks Joe

Going on a Family vacation on the Getaway April 19th. Twenty of us altogether. The wife and I will be in cabin 12908 and my Sister and her family will be in 12906. Just wondering if the section of the divider by the railing can be taken out. I thought it would be cool if we could do that and have one big area for the family to hang out if we wanted to.

Officially opening the dividers is not allowed on NCL as far as I know. Some room stewards have helped people opening them though and people have reported being able to open them themselves with a plastic pen shoved into the hole for the opening tool.

I would expect to hear a bit of noise being below pool deck in the am.

Can't help with the smoking areas on 15. Perhaps others will chime in.

Smoking area are the first few tables when you walk outside from the buffet area.....on the port side.

Harriet

• 4 weeks later...

hello all i just signed up but been on a bunch of cruises. the next one im going on is the breakaway. i was able to get a pretty good deal correct me if i'm wrong.

MAY 18 - 25

I was looking to go away and had a deal for $869 per person. balcony BX. This came with chocolate strawberry , bottle of wine , dinner for 2 at a Italianrestaurant & a cake.

I then called up this week when i saw that the price of the BX room where now $819 they allowed me to upgrade to the $869 price point that allowed me to pick from BD on floor 8 , 9 , 10. I was then asking to be somewhere with out a lot of noise or anything to crazy. the rep said that 8 is not a great floor as it has restaurants on that floor so that might be not that great.

i ended up with room : 9290

the rep also gave me $100 more on-broad credit so that seemed good.

my question is room 9290 good / noise. i know its off a hall of elev but i never had a problem before when i went on any cruises near elev banks.

was it a good idea to swap the BX to the BD ?

in total chocolate strawberry , bottle of wine , dinner for 2 at a Italian restaurant & a cake + $100 on board credit. was the $100 a good bonus ?

any advise would be nice. maybe if i could swap a room or something if so what room should i ask to get.

maybe ask to use the $100 credit for a better upgrade ?

Edited by winterseason

hello all ......

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :D

Did you see the link to the Spreadsheet on the first post in this thread describing the cabins?

Did you notice the visual aid link that leads to images?

My fist thought is did you get to keep you dinner for 2, strawberries, and wine with the move?

The cabins are the same size internally. The BX has a huge balcony. The BD has a tiny one. Did you know this?

The BX is very forward which will feel more motion in heavy seas. I was wondering if they gave you a mostly midship BD, but looks like not so much.

The BD assigned IMO will have less motion though. This new location is closer to the elevators which we appreciate.

A lot of pax prefer deck 8 being close to the restaurants, bars, action. As long as your balcony is not right next to the waterfront. Those balconies are not so private as folks on the waterfront can see you.

Your BX had cabins across the hall. This new locale has that unknown crew area across the hall. Perhaps others will chime in as to whether it is a noisy crew area.

Did you notice some BD, and others categories, have angled balconies that offer a bit more space than the standard tiny balconies. If you look at deckplans you can see these angled balconies at the ends of the bumpouts.

We would not have switched fwiw. We would have only switched if we got more internal sgft. But we are 2A2K. YMMV.

HTH some.

:)

Edited by bear3412

thanks for the reply

yes i checked the spreadsheet out i did see that the BX had a bigger balcony, but the problem was that it was not a assgined room at the time. I was thinking it would be better to get a assigned room.

chocolate strawberry , bottle of wine , dinner for 2 at a Italian restaurant & a cake + $100 on board credit.

Yes they let me keep everything they gave me before and added on the $100 on board credit.

The thing that i did not want that happend last time in NCL was i booked a BX and when i got it they where working on the balcony half the time i was in the room. when i called to see what that was about they told me because of the room section i got thats why the price was lower. my wife and I where so unhappy at that. I did not what that happending again,

i do like the idea of less motion in the BD room that i picked.

I would think that a BD room listed at 869 would be a better room then a 819 BX , but then i guess they have to work on rooms and stuff so they lower the price of them to book them up

thanks for the reply

yes i checked the spreadsheet out i did see that the BX had a bigger balcony, but the problem was that it was not a assgined room at the time. I was thinking it would be better to get a assigned room.

chocolate strawberry , bottle of wine , dinner for 2 at a Italian restaurant & a cake + $100 on board credit.

Yes they let me keep everything they gave me before and added on the $100 on board credit.

The thing that i did not want that happend last time in NCL was i booked a BX and when i got it they where working on the balcony half the time i was in the room. when i called to see what that was about they told me because of the room section i got thats why the price was lower. my wife and I where so unhappy at that. I did not what that happending again,

i do like the idea of less motion in the BD room that i picked.

I would think that a BD room listed at 869 would be a better room then a 819 BX , but then i guess they have to work on rooms and stuff so they lower the price of them to book them up

Not necessarily. .. I had a BX non guaranteed room on the Breakaway and it was forward on deck 11. I say go with the BX category and save the money.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

Babyrocko1908

I'm not putting any money in to it.

I called a weeks ago and booked the BX for $869 this week the BX was $819 they just gave me the next class up that was the BD and a free $100 on board credit + the already promo deal that i got when i booked it

I have sailed now on 6 cruises. soon to be 7

1ST = Royal Explorer Of The Seas "Apr-24-2010" Balcony Room

2ND = Norwegian Jewel "March 13, 2011" Balcony Room

3RD = Norwegian Gem "September 25, 2011" Inside room < never again >

4TH = Royal Explorer Of The Seas "Sep-23-2012" Balcony Room

5TH = Norwegian Gem "May 04, 2013" Outside room

6TH = Royal Allure Of The Seas "Aug-25-2013" Balcony Room

7TH = Norwegian Breakaway "March-18-2014" Balcony Room

Edited by winterseason

1ST = Royal Explorer Of The Seas "Apr-24-2010" Balcony Room ( 5 Night Bermuda Cruise )

2ND = Norwegian Jewel "March 13, 2011" Balcony Room ( 7-Day Bahamas & Florida )

3RD = Norwegian Gem "September 25, 2011" Inside room < never again > ( 7-Day Bermuda ) * hated the inside room

4TH = Royal Explorer Of The Seas "Sep-23-2012" Balcony Room ( 7 Night Bermuda Cruise )

5TH = Norwegian Gem "May 04, 2013" Outside room ( 7-Day Bahamas & Florida )

6TH = Royal Allure Of The Seas "Aug-25-2013" Balcony Room ( 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise )

7TH = Norwegian Breakaway "March-18-2014" Balcony Room ( 7-Day Bermuda )

I think bear's response was very helpful. I had a BD on deck 13 and really liked it, but there were only two of us in the room, I did have some motion sickness concerns (hence the need to book midship), and it was my first cruise so I can't say that the balcony size was a big deal to me. I visited the huge balconies on our cabin crawls and, while great to have all the space, was still not a deal breaker for me since only two people were using our cabin... You could throw a little party on some of those balconies! Our room was also across a crew access door but we never heard noise from there. I guess it depends on what's happening in the crew area though, ours seemed like a luggage sorting area or something.

I think if you don't care too much about the balcony size, you'll be fine. Being near an elevator is a big win in my opinion, especially if you're going to take them up to the pool decks on 15. I would question as bear said where your balcony is overlooking though. As for the perks, the fact that they even added $100 OBC with everything else is great since they didn't have to, so i would be grateful happy camper. As I learned from these boards, get all the written confirmation you can! Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think bear's response was very helpful. I had a BD on deck 13 and really liked it, but there were only two of us in the room, I did have some motion sickness concerns (hence the need to book midship), and it was my first cruise so I can't say that the balcony size was a big deal to me. I visited the huge balconies on our cabin crawls and, while great to have all the space, was still not a deal breaker for me since only two people were using our cabin... You could throw a little party on some of those balconies! Our room was also across a crew access door but we never heard noise from there. I guess it depends on what's happening in the crew area though, ours seemed like a luggage sorting area or something.

I think if you don't care too much about the balcony size, you'll be fine. Being near an elevator is a big win in my opinion, especially if you're going to take them up to the pool decks on 15. I would question as bear said where your balcony is overlooking though. As for the perks, the fact that they even added $100 OBC with everything else is great since they didn't have to, so i would be grateful happy camper. As I learned from these boards, get all the written confirmation you can! Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

right on point. last boat i was on allure we where next to a crew area like u where next to bag sorting and so on. we only heard noise from that at the start of the ship and the end but other then that it was fine.

also thanks for the in writing thing. I should call them up and have them send me all that in the mail. I do see the extra $100 on my NCL account. the rep did confirm all the extras from before where on my account. I just think i will call and ask for the i writing part to back it up :)

I have been always mostly near elev before and never had any problem.

i never really had any problems with my balcony before just that one time when half the time they where working on it. that's why i did not really want them picking my room.

I did have a problem 1 time when i ordered stateroom art for my wife. some one jacked the stuff off the door. its a shame people would do that to some one. due to a camera not able to see my door because of a angle they could not do anything. when i did request for them to replace the sign that some one took they said all the art stuff was pre booked and got in port. so they could not and had no more on the boat. they did offer me something to fix the problem. when i asked them for a photo thing they said that the photo part was not part of the company and they could not give out anything for that. in the end they gave us $100+ and a bottle of wine , they also found a sign somewhere laying around that was a little beat up but it was great they did something. my maid could not believe us when we told her. UNTIL the 2nd sign was on the door and found a old lady trying to steal it. she asked her what she was doing you replied " I WANTED THE SIGN " my maid replied back : THEY PAID FOR A SPECIAL PACKAGE AND THAT'S WHAT IT CAME WITH. the old lady then blew her off like i don't care and walked away. when she told us this she was so shocked.

So if anyone buys any packages that have that stuff for your room and door. take it off the door ASAP. mine was not even on the door for 40 mins and it was stolen.

• 2 weeks later...

I have searched through this thread, and I can't seem to find the information I was looking for, so maybe someone can help with my question....Does the balcony on the 16th deck, cabin #16716 (a Courtyard Penthouse) have enough room on it to accommodate a lounger? thank you in advance, I appreciate any information you can give me.

Jacy

Just to be the 943,645th person to say your spreadsheet has been invaluable. We're on the Breakaway in June, originally booked an S5 (now H5), then moved to an S6/H6 once the price dropped a whole ton. Would have been completely in the dark if not for the spreadsheet. Thanks!!!