Explorer Bermuda docking

Both times we were in Bermuda, the ship docked PORT side to the dock. I just looked at the Bermuda port web cam and there is the Explorer docking STARBOARD side to the dock...... It would be nice if they did it the same way all the time so we could plan what side we wanted to be on...

Here is the web cam...

Both times we were in Bermuda, the ship docked PORT side to the dock. I just looked at the Bermuda port web cam and there is the Explorer docking STARBOARD side to the dock...... It would be nice if they did it the same way all the time so we could plan what side we wanted to be on...

Here is the web cam...

Yep, to starboard today and was starboard last year with us. Grandeur, however, last week was to port. Captain's discretion.

Often which way the ship docks depends on the repair and maintenance schedule. Also if the ship is scheduled to test the deployment of lifeboats while in port.

i agree, ive seen Oasis and Allure dock both port and starboard on Port Everglades and Ft Lauderdale webcam to deploy the lifeboats

We docked Starboard a few years ago, but I would have been fine either way. Yes, it's a nice view of the Dockyard from the side closest to the dock:

DSCN0088_zps366c6511.jpg[/url]

But it's also a pretty view of the other side of the island from the opposite side of the ship:

DSC_0009_zpse5b48c1f.jpg[/url]

DSC_0007_zps832984d6.jpg[/url]

They did lifeboat drills on the port side when we were there:

DSC_0032_zps1fc53068.jpg[/url]

DSC_0034_zps65d6c989.jpg[/url]

Archived