“It’s Been a Lovely Cruise!” Majesty of the Seas 4-Nt Bahamas Review & Pics May 6 '13

Great photos.

We are doing some of the ports next year. From your photographs it looks as if there is very little shade on Coco Cay, is that the case?

It reminds me a little of Laberdee when we first visited 10 years ago.

In Nassau you said you had previously used a hotel with a day pass, would that be your recommendation?

Great photos.

We are doing some of the ports next year. From your photographs it looks as if there is very little shade on Coco Cay, is that the case?

It reminds me a little of Laberdee when we first visited 10 years ago.

In Nassau you said you had previously used a hotel with a day pass, would that be your recommendation?

Hi, you can find shade in CocoCay pretty easily. My pictures were basically of a few select areas, and I wanted to be in the sun, so that's why it looks that way. There are lots of lounge chairs in the shade, and also picnic tables and hammocks in the shade as well.

My rec for Nassau would be to either stay on the ship, or go to the Sheraton Resort on Cable Beach. It is $30 pp for the day.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the review! DBF and I will be sailing on the Majesty in July, and we're really looking forward to it! First cruise in over 4 years! :)

Did you happen to stop by the fitness center at all on the ship? I'm curious if they happen to have any ellipticals on board, but I can't say I've got my hopes up!

Thanks for posting the review! DBF and I will be sailing on the Majesty in July, and we're really looking forward to it! First cruise in over 4 years! :)

Did you happen to stop by the fitness center at all on the ship? I'm curious if they happen to have any ellipticals on board, but I can't say I've got my hopes up!

Hi, thanks for reading it! Unfortunately, no ellipticals on Majesty...ceilings are too low. Sorry :(

• 2 weeks later...

Stacy, you posted a link to your review earlier today on my thread. I'm off work today, so I grabbed a cup of coffee, got comfy, and read the entire thing. Thank you so much for such a detailed and fun review! As a first-timer with RCI and on Majesty, you've got me so excited to experience this ship! What made it even more enjoyable for me is the fact that I have so much in common with you. We're the same age, I cannot stand rudeness, and am a big time worry wart. Getting sick before a cruise is absolutely something that would happen to me, which is probably why I tend to worry! Thank you, too, for posting the daily Compass's. Very helpful for us future planners.

I think it's wonderful that you're able to spend such quality time with your parents. You have a beautiful family and I'm glad you enjoyed such a nice cruise with them.

Happy Sailing!

I really enjoyed reading your review. I am about to book a cruise in August and I haven't been on the Majesty since 2005, so it was very informative. I do have a question--is there a nightly Diamond/Diamond Plus event in The Viking Crown Lounge? We were just on Enchantment last month and really enjoyed having access to the lounge and our nightly cocktails up there.

Stacy, you posted a link to your review earlier today on my thread. I'm off work today, so I grabbed a cup of coffee, got comfy, and read the entire thing. Thank you so much for such a detailed and fun review! As a first-timer with RCI and on Majesty, you've got me so excited to experience this ship! What made it even more enjoyable for me is the fact that I have so much in common with you. We're the same age, I cannot stand rudeness, and am a big time worry wart. Getting sick before a cruise is absolutely something that would happen to me, which is probably why I tend to worry! Thank you, too, for posting the daily Compass's. Very helpful for us future planners.

I think it's wonderful that you're able to spend such quality time with your parents. You have a beautiful family and I'm glad you enjoyed such a nice cruise with them.

Happy Sailing!

Hi, I'm so glad you enjoyed the review. It's funny that we seem to be alike, worry-wortness and all, ha!

Thanks for the nice words, I really appreciate it. If you can think of any other questions, just post them here and I will answer to the best of my ability.

I really enjoyed reading your review. I am about to book a cruise in August and I haven't been on the Majesty since 2005, so it was very informative. I do have a question--is there a nightly Diamond/Diamond Plus event in The Viking Crown Lounge? We were just on Enchantment last month and really enjoyed having access to the lounge and our nightly cocktails up there.

Hey Erin, thanks. There is a nightly Diamond/D+ event in the VCL-yes. You will be good to go :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the review Stacy! We will be on our second RCI cruise next year on the Majesty with my brother and his wife who are longtime RCI cruisers. They wanted to try CoCo Cay (never did before always Labadee) and Key West. We've been to Key West twice before and love it there.

We'll be flying into FLL 2 days ahead so we may try Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, at your suggestion. The pool area looks fantastic. We too, will be without a car but it looks like you had no problems getting meals nearby.

After the cruise, we'll get a rental car and spend a week with relatives on Florida's west coast.

On a prior cruise out of FLL we stayed at Bahia Mar also, for 2 nights. The only downside was there are not any restaurants nearby so we ate at the hotel for 2 nights and breakfast once. We had breakfast at the little cafe on the corner ... great little place. DH walked a few blocks away to the CVS to get me some cold medicine, tea and snacks, and 2 bottles of wine for the ship. I got a cold while on the plane and felt miserable the night we arrived and the next day. I don't know if it was the meds or my will but I was fine by the time we boarded 2 days later.

BTW, I'm a big time worrier also so I combat that by checking into everything before a trip so I have every scenario covered and I buy travel insurance. It's worth the piece of mind it gives me plus I'm always the one who knows where everything is, have emergency supplies, know worthless amounts of information, have all receipts and paperwork .... they laugh at me but they know I've saved them plenty of times.

Thanks again and I'm sure to post again with some questions. ;)

Thanks for the review Stacy! We will be on our second RCI cruise next year on the Majesty with my brother and his wife who are longtime RCI cruisers. They wanted to try CoCo Cay (never did before always Labadee) and Key West. We've been to Key West twice before and love it there.

We'll be flying into FLL 2 days ahead so we may try Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, at your suggestion. The pool area looks fantastic. We too, will be without a car but it looks like you had no problems getting meals nearby.

After the cruise, we'll get a rental car and spend a week with relatives on Florida's west coast.

On a prior cruise out of FLL we stayed at Bahia Mar also, for 2 nights. The only downside was there are not any restaurants nearby so we ate at the hotel for 2 nights and breakfast once. We had breakfast at the little cafe on the corner ... great little place. DH walked a few blocks away to the CVS to get me some cold medicine, tea and snacks, and 2 bottles of wine for the ship. I got a cold while on the plane and felt miserable the night we arrived and the next day. I don't know if it was the meds or my will but I was fine by the time we boarded 2 days later.

BTW, I'm a big time worrier also so I combat that by checking into everything before a trip so I have every scenario covered and I buy travel insurance. It's worth the piece of mind it gives me plus I'm always the one who knows where everything is, have emergency supplies, know worthless amounts of information, have all receipts and paperwork .... they laugh at me but they know I've saved them plenty of times.

Thanks again and I'm sure to post again with some questions. ;)

Hi, thanks for reading and for commenting! How cool that you'll be going on Majesty, I hope you have a great trip.

I would definitely recommend the CP Hollywood if you want to just relax and swim and lay by the pool before your cruise. It's a beautiful place-we are already looking at booking another trip just to stay there. We really enjoyed the service and staff.

As far as food goes....I'm not that picky and don't stress about food much. I loved the food at the hotel, I could've eaten there for several days. However you can take a taxi or the Hollywood Trolley that stops in front of the hotel, to either go to the broadwalk (just real casual eating, pizza, etc.) or the downtown area which is very close by--I saw a ton of restaurants in that area. Chinese, thai, sushi, cafes, etc. The Westin is also across the street, a little ways down, and I think they have a popular restaurant or two as well.

We just really enjoyed it. I love Ft. Lauderdale beach, and there are more options for meals there, but the CP had too much upside, so it's my new favorite :)

Let me know if you have any more questions, would be happy to answer.

Bad, bad sight:

517_zps83d19a0d.jpg

Staci-

I know this is late but I'm just now checking out your Majesty review. You've got me wanting to book a "shorty" right now! LOL Great review and beautiful photos. BTW, your luggage is really nice; if I may ask, what kind is it? The design is rather unique, and I like it! :)

Staci-

I know this is late but I'm just now checking out your Majesty review. You've got me wanting to book a "shorty" right now! LOL Great review and beautiful photos. BTW, your luggage is really nice; if I may ask, what kind is it? The design is rather unique, and I like it! :)

Hi, of course! Mine is the orange one, we got them from ebags.com--it's Diane Von Fursenberg. 24" Spinner.

Go book that cruise--HAHA!

Hi, of course! Mine is the orange one, we got them from ebags.com--it's Diane Von Fursenberg. 24" Spinner.

Go book that cruise--HAHA!

Thanks for the quick response...I'm gonna look for that Von Furstenberg luggage; LOVE IT! Remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (or at least, that's what my mom used to say...).

I think I'm gonna look into that Majesty cruise REAAAALLLY soon. :cool:

Missed your review when it was originally posted but am enjoying it now a couple of months later. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We have not yet sailed on the Majesty but I did a solo cruise on her sister ship, the Monarch a few years ago and loved it! We got upgraded to a RFS on our very first RCCL cruise on the Grandeur. What a fantastic upgrade for you, too!

Wow, what a nice review! Thanks for taking time to post it. It brought back lots of memories from my past cruises, especially the photos from Key West and Nassau. I really liked the photo on page 4, the one with Majesty of the Seas docked next to Carnival Sensation. (At least it looked like it; the name wasn't showing.) I was on Sensation, and saw Majesty right next to it. I had a late port stay too, until 1:00 AM. Seeing both ships lit up at night was really nice.

Wow, what a nice review! Thanks for taking time to post it. It brought back lots of memories from my past cruises, especially the photos from Key West and Nassau. I really liked the photo on page 4, the one with Majesty of the Seas docked next to Carnival Sensation. (At least it looked like it; the name wasn't showing.) I was on Sensation, and saw Majesty right next to it. I had a late port stay too, until 1:00 AM. Seeing both ships lit up at night was really nice.

Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. I always like reading reviews, I imagine I'm there instead of HERE in cloudy weather!!