“It’s Been a Lovely Cruise!” Majesty of the Seas 4-Nt Bahamas Review & Pics May 6 '13

I really enjoyed seeing pictures of Coco Cay. As long as I have been around here I have not seen many pictures of the location so it is nice to be able to compare to Labadee now.

I am really looking forward to Key West. It is a place that I have always wanted to go to but have not made it to yet.

I really enjoyed seeing pictures of Coco Cay. As long as I have been around here I have not seen many pictures of the location so it is nice to be able to compare to Labadee now.

I am really looking forward to Key West. It is a place that I have always wanted to go to but have not made it to yet.

CocoCay is nice, but IMO--the beaches aren't nearly as great as Labadee. I know people will disagree with me, and that's fine, but I love the beaches and the water at Labadee. CocoCay is just different. Labadee is one of my favorite places to visit with the sprawling mountains and blue/green water sparkling. I can swim further out in Labadee and love the water. CocoCay, I feel more apprehensive for some reason.

I have a ton of pics of KW, too. It's a great, fun place. I could walk around there all day. You'll see it tonight!

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

I'm really enjoying your review and loving all the beautiful pictures.

What did the D/D+/Pinnacle event consist of? Was it upgraded food and drinks? We've been to Coco Cay but it was before we were D. :)

Hi Nancy,

It was actually very nice. I didn't stick around long or really pay as much attention as maybe I should have to what they offered, but you could order basically whatever you wanted from the bar, within reason I'm sure. I had 2 rum punches that were very good. I also saw some mimosas, champagne, beer, and wine.

They offered some hot and cold hors d'oeuvres: veggies, cheese and crackers, then some shrimp and something else I wasn't sure of.

It was nice and I was impressed with the deck they used, I'm assuming they built this specifically for events like this as I have never seen it before. It was very nicely shaded and like I said, was directly over the water.

I think a Senior Officer spoke at some point, but I was gone by then, floating in the ocean :) The Loyalty Ambassador was also present.

Thanks again for the kind words, I appreciate it.

Hi Nancy,

It was actually very nice. I didn't stick around long or really pay as much attention as maybe I should have to what they offered, but you could order basically whatever you wanted from the bar, within reason I'm sure. I had 2 rum punches that were very good. I also saw some mimosas, champagne, beer, and wine.

They offered some hot and cold hors d'oeuvres: veggies, cheese and crackers, then some shrimp and something else I wasn't sure of.

It was nice and I was impressed with the deck they used, I'm assuming they built this specifically for events like this as I have never seen it before. It was very nicely shaded and like I said, was directly over the water.

I think a Senior Officer spoke at some point, but I was gone by then, floating in the ocean :) The Loyalty Ambassador was also present.

Thanks again for the kind words, I appreciate it.

That sounds like a really nice event. Thank you for your prompt reply. :)

Great review and those sunset pictures, perfection!

I love how laid back you and your family are. No pre planning, no pre reservations. My kind of vacation :)

I was on the Majesty in 1995. No Compass Deli. WJ was 2 decks. No Sorrentos, Boleros, Johnny Rockets either. Only place to eat dinner was the MDR. I THINK WJ was only open for breakfast, lunch and late PM snacks what they called "tea time". Labadee was a tender port. It was the ship that started our love for cruising. If circumstances permit I would cruise her again in a heartbeat. It was a WOW ship then and I'm glad to see that it hasn't lost its beauty.

Great review and those sunset pictures, perfection!

I love how laid back you and your family are. No pre planning, no pre reservations. My kind of vacation :)

I was on the Majesty in 1995. No Compass Deli. WJ was 2 decks. No Sorrentos, Boleros, Johnny Rockets either. Only place to eat dinner was the MDR. I THINK WJ was only open for breakfast, lunch and late PM snacks what they called "tea time". Labadee was a tender port. It was the ship that started our love for cruising. If circumstances permit I would cruise her again in a heartbeat. It was a WOW ship then and I'm glad to see that it hasn't lost its beauty.

1995...how cool. I liked the ship better before they did the refurbishment. I like Johnny Rockets and Sorrento's, but they messed up the Windjammer when they did that. Now, the outdoor section is no longer outdoor and they removed the big waterfall going up the steps in what was the outdoor sec of the WJ. It's just different now. Like you said, WJ is only 1 deck instead of 2.

Thanks for commenting! I hope you get to sail on her once more before she leaves the fleet.

Thursday, May 9th, 2013

Day 4  

Song of the Day: “Lovely Cruise” – Jimmy Buffet

Drink of the Day: Pirate’s Punch: Orange & Pineapple Juices with Captain Morgan Spice Rum with a splash of grenadine and black cherry brandy

I write this as I am watching the Majesty pull in to Key West this morning via the Webcam. One week ago today, I was onboard. I always do that: “One week ago today I was……..” I must be a glutton for punishment.

Back to our cruise:

This morning my father forced me into eating 2 of those white-choc frosted donuts. Blame dad again. I LOVE THEM. I might’ve forgotten to mention that I had a few of these throughout the week. I don’t ever eat donuts at home, so I really enjoy them onboard. I ate them on the balcony while my parents had breakfast delivered to the cabin. We all enjoyed the sail into Key West.

After br’fast I took my run around the promenade deck and took some final pictures of my last morning jaunt for this cruise. Then I showered to get ready for Key West. We had to go through Immigration this morning before we could enjoy our day on land. So, I believe around 10 a.m., we went down to Deck 5 to the A Chorus Line Lounge where we waited in a very short line that moved very quickly. Before I knew it we were presenting ourselves to the Immigration Officer. He wished us a nice day in Key West and we were out of there. I remarked that at one time (1992) this was one of, if not THE largest, theater at sea. Amazing how things have evolved since then. A few shots from my run:

154_zps2731f01e.jpg

The Pilot's almost here!

155_zps7a83d4a7.jpg

156_zps289947ab.jpg

157_zps82362576.jpg

158_zps07c5373b.jpg

160_zpse4142d5d.jpg

My original plans were to walk around and do our shopping early and then take my parents to lunch at The Conch Republic Seafood Company. I’ve eaten there several times before and really enjoyed it. But plans changed as they sometimes do, and we did not get to do that this time. Since my mom could not walk much and keep up with us, we decided to split up. My dad and I headed out to do our walking and shopping, and my mom would relax on the ship and then meet us later at Mallory Square.

There is so much to see and do in Key West that it makes it hard to fit everything into one day. I always have a hard time with this day b/c I want to be on the ship for the final day, but I also love Key West. Anyway, we took off and must have walked 10 miles that day. I love the shops in KW-there are so many different things to look at and buy. I was able to purchase a nice gold chain that I had been eyeing for quite awhile. We stopped in so many shops, went to Rick’s Café for a T-shirt (I have a collection), Walgreen’s for a local paper and some waters, Sloppy Joe’s and Hog’s Breath Saloon, the list goes on and on. We also stopped to get a piece of Key Lime Pie dipped in chocolate (on a stick) at a place I can’t recall the name of. It was excellent.

Few initial shots:

417_zpsf940ff52.jpg

418_zps3756214a.jpg

419_zps10d45ed7.jpg

420_zps2e108e11.jpg

421_zpsb94ff774.jpg

423_zps7aeda220.jpg

I started getting hot and tired, so we headed up Duval St to meet my mom at Mallory Square. We shopped around there for awhile, went into the Shell Factory (go there, it’s great!) and then grabbed some conch fritters and shrimp from the little stand there. Everything was great and we enjoyed our little lunch. Afterwards I stopped into a little café in the building there next to Mallory Square and got some coconut fudge to take back with me. Some more shots:

458_zps6d60415f.jpg

459_zpsc578f62b.jpg

461_zps77243030.jpg

462_zpse08ae2ab.jpg

464_zps0bab970f.jpg

465_zpsea122094.jpg