“It’s Been a Lovely Cruise!” Majesty of the Seas 4-Nt Bahamas Review & Pics May 6 '13

Great review so far Stacey! We also stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Hollywood Beach this past February and loved it. The only hotel we liked better was the Westin Diplomat across the street. The pool areas at both hotels are absolutely wonderful. Hollywood Beach is a great location for pre- or post-cruise stays because of its easy proximity to both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.....especially if you have a car.

Can't wait to read more!

I have been on the Majesty and the Allure and if I had to pick between the two it would take me a while to decide. The Majesty is a very fun ship!

Your post made me smile. I have a hard time picking ships over Majesty, too. My other favorites are Navigator and Grandeur. Freedom is next for me, I think!

Great review so far Stacey! We also stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Hollywood Beach this past February and loved it. The only hotel we liked better was the Westin Diplomat across the street. The pool areas at both hotels are absolutely wonderful. Hollywood Beach is a great location for pre- or post-cruise stays because of its easy proximity to both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.....especially if you have a car.

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks so much. I passed the Westin several times during those 2 days, looked like a beautiful hotel! I agree about the location, I would do that again in a heartbeat. Thanks for reading. I will continue this evening.

Sigh....I understand! I'm a "Cleveland" any sport fan. :)

But, I have watched him play bball since high school and still admire the talent!

Love your review and can't wait for more.

Thank you for the kind words.

LeBron...you definitely have to admire his talent. He is one heck of a basketball player for sure. Can't deny that.

Your post made me smile. I have a hard time picking ships over Majesty, too. My other favorites are Navigator and Grandeur. Freedom is next for me, I think!

Freedom class is probably our favorite. The big guys are way too city-like for us.

So, we're waiting to board. We waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, around 12, I think, we were led onto the ship. Couple initial shots as we’re boarding, loving the feeling of being back “home” for 4 nights.

I have many pictures with family and friends in front of this gold ball on Deck 4, so it always brings back memories seeing it:

177_zpsf758a9c9.jpg

179_zps4b6bddb6.jpg

180_zpscbdb38ba.jpg

181_zps50797343.jpg

182_zps9ff6ee74.jpg

183_zps2502ec89.jpg

As most of you do, we headed up for the most exciting meal of the cruise, the 1st lunch in the Windjammer. We were the first ones there and found a nice seat by the window. We hadn’t been on Majesty in a few years, so it was funny, the Windjammer seemed so small compared to other ships. I had a big salad along with some broccoli and tofu from the Asian section. Also had a few noodles w/ garlic and butter and a coconut/strawberry square that was very good. We had a great first lunch and by the time we were done, it was 1:00 and we were ready to check out our cabin.

189_zpsbb902f1d.jpg

190_zps678d96e2.jpg

191_zpsdedc2d6a.jpg

192_zps02e82e1a.jpg

No Coconut Rangers :(

193_zpsf46e1b0a.jpg

Cabin #1549 is located just forward of the main elevators on Deck 10, Port Side. If you’ve been on Majesty and been on Deck 10, you’ve seen this cabin. First one after the elevators and actually extends behind the elevators. I was actually expecting a larger, grander Suite being the Royal Fam Suite, but it was more long than it was wide. I had my own bedroom (3 beds total in my room including a pullman) and bathroom which was directly behind the elevators. Never heard a sound from the elevators. This cabin had a nice, large balcony with a table and chairs + a lounger that I hung out on all week long. I loved it. Majesty doesn’t have many balcony cabins, so it seemed funny and different to be in one as we usually have just the oceanview on her.

One nice thing about having a Suite: you can order off the Dining Room Menu for lunch and dinner. We utilized this most nights and had dinner on our balcony. One thing I really won’t get into is food, mostly b/c it’s just not that important to me. We had some things we loved, and some things we didn’t love, but we never go hungry, and in fact, I always eat too much onboard. I think the food, on average, is pretty darn good. I am a vegetarian and find plenty of options.

Here are some pictures of the Royal Family Suite: (btw I will NEVER use photobucket again, this takes forever, can anyone recommend a better site?)

Also, sorry about the quality of some of the pics, some are taken w/ my iphone:

237_zps93ce1c08.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, it was my dad's birthday, so we had them decorate the cabin and ordered a birthday cake that was not delivered until later that evening:

238_zps6b6d5493.jpg

202_zpse3cc5063.jpg

107_zps8e1964a7.jpg

108_zps985f2d0e.jpg

110_zps46821518.jpg

Alright, let's roll...

I think I'll start again this evening with a picture of us, as I don't think I've included one yet. I don't have many of myself this cruise as I was taking most of the pictures. Here we are later on after the cruise at the Mariott Courtyard Beach:

551_zpsbbcf2baf.jpg

Beautiful family!