Live from the Prinsendam as the wizard & witches cruise May 17 - June 17, 2013

kazu

Fingers were crossed for smooth straights for them JG

[ATTACH]276996[/ATTACH]

Glad to hear they are now moored!

They got there safely. Overcast and some rain. Their port of call at Dublin and Stornaway were cancelled due to rough seas and high winds. I have a friend onboard who is sending photos of his cruise at each port of call.

They got there safely. Overcast and some rain. Their port of call at Dublin and Stornaway were cancelled due to rough seas and high winds. I have a friend onboard who is sending photos of his cruise at each port of call.

Thanks Sharon - we still have roll call members that were lucky enough to stay on - most of us said we would have happily stayed on for the next leg - including DH:eek::D Beautiful itinerary they have.

Thanks Sharon - we still have roll call members that were lucky enough to stay on - most of us said we would have happily stayed on for the next leg - including DH:eek::D Beautiful itinerary they have.

My friend is on for the Celtic and Baltic Cruises. We would have loved to have not only done the cruise with you, but also the two cruises my friend is doing.

My friend is on for the Celtic and Baltic Cruises. We would have loved to have not only done the cruise with you, but also the two cruises my friend is doing.

Check out the Elegant Explorer's cruise on September 21st, 2014 - Med and Black Sea Explorer - very nice itinerary - available as a collectors or the two different segments. - We have decided:D

We had a wonderful day in Orkney despite the strong winds and ample rain! The sun came out for our sail away and it made the place shine. We loved it so much we are coming back for a longer holiday. We are in Edinburgh now and it's overcast but no rain so far.

Michelle.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We had a wonderful day in Orkney despite the strong winds and ample rain! The sun came out for our sail away and it made the place shine. We loved it so much we are coming back for a longer holiday. We are in Edinburgh now and it's overcast but no rain so far.

Michelle.

Thanks for reporting in Michelle:D Glad you had a great day despite the weather - sounds reminiscent of Mont St. Michelle day;)

Check out the Elegant Explorer's cruise on September 21st, 2014 - Med and Black Sea Explorer - very nice itinerary - available as a collectors or the two different segments. - We have decided:D

Thanks for the all the trip reporting for Prinsendam this time. It's now on our "wish list". We sailed Prinsendam for the Black Sea Explorer segment just last September. It was amazing, I highly recommend it. Although some of the ports are different for 2014, I am sure you will really enjoy the itinerary. Our tours were so interesting. It was the best trip we've had, bar none. Have fun planning for this one!

Thanks for the all the trip reporting for Prinsendam this time. It's now on our "wish list". We sailed Prinsendam for the Black Sea Explorer segment just last September. It was amazing, I highly recommend it. Although some of the ports are different for 2014, I am sure you will really enjoy the itinerary. Our tours were so interesting. It was the best trip we've had, bar none. Have fun planning for this one!

Thanks very much. :D I always have fun planning:D

Here's an update on the Dancing with the Stars finale for the Celtic leg, which was held last night. I recognised two of the finalists from our roll call. Cindy performed the waltz and Sandy had the same dance as the Baltic portion. There was also a late entry for 14 year-old Nathan who was asked to step in at short notice as a finalist injured themselves.

Gene (the Cruise Director) carefully worded the introduction to say that the Prinsendam had only 17 cruises this year and that made the winners chances of going to the grand finale better than the larger ships. At the end, he said the winner had a one in seventeen chance of going to the finale, which made me think that the person who apparently threatened to sue and was given a gold star isn't in the running. However Richard had a different interpretation which was that Jeanette's two wins counted her as one of the 17 people and the potential lawsuit entrant is also in the 17.

All of the finalists looked like they enjoyed their dancing. Nathan was too young to be eligible for the grand finale (the minimum age is 18 and he's 14) but his enthusiastic performance and improvised "Gangam Style" flourishes saw the judges give him the highest score and the audience the largest applause.

Before I tell you who won, there was one big change from the last cruise: the iPad app measuring the loudness of the audience applause has been scrapped! Instead there were several crew members scattered throughout the showroom to judge the loudness of the applause. There was no contention though as it was clear that Sandy was the winner. Congratulations to Sandy.

Our cruise ended this morning and we were sad to leave the ship. Disembarkation was smooth. No immigration forms were needed and they were stamping everyone's passport as we entered. We were pleased they did so as a number of countries are phasing out the stamping and using only electronic records of your entry and departure.

Michelle.

Thanks for the update on the Dancing with the Stars:D

Good for Sandy - another roll call winner!

Nice to see the stars go to our roll call

Fingers crossed for Jeanette and Sandy for the finals:D

Safe travels home to you both.

Thanks for the update on the Dancing with the Stars:D

Good for Sandy - another roll call winner!

Nice to see the stars go to our roll call

Fingers crossed for Jeanette and Sandy for the finals:D

Safe travels home to you both.

I have a question, how is the final held and where?:confused:

I have a question, how is the final held and where?:confused:

Which final? The final on board for each contest is held in the showroom at sea (usually the last night) and the winner is selected.

Everyone is video taped and if I understood it correctly, the videos are reviewed and a winner chosen overall for each ship.

Then, for the real final - the winners of the different ships are given a cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam (I believe) where they compete to be the final winner.

There is a DWTS themed cruise where they compete. (I forget - but I think it is in January next year? - Jeanette probably knows).

Which final? The final on board for each contest is held in the showroom at sea (usually the last night) and the winner is selected.

Everyone is video taped and if I understood it correctly, the videos are reviewed and a winner chosen overall for each ship.

Then, for the real final - the winners of the different ships are given a cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam (I believe) where they compete to be the final winner.

There is a DWTS themed cruise where they compete. (I forget - but I think it is in January next year? - Jeanette probably knows).

It is the Jan 5th cruise of the NA, IIRC.

Archived