Chances of Meeting solo travellers on O

cindilouwho

Hey - I thought I was in the right place for questioning whether there are any chances of meeting single male passengers on O and it got moved to "shipboard Romances". I am not having one .... I may never have one.....I just needed feedback on what my measley chances may be on my upcoming O cruise!!!!!! I probably have more of a chance of winning the lottery than meeting a nice eligible bachelor .... but what the hey!!!!!

Should do a TV reality show about this ..... "The Bachelorette Floating Edition"

Hey - I thought I was in the right place for questioning whether there are any chances of meeting single male passengers on O and it got moved to "shipboard Romances". I am not having one .... I may never have one.....I just needed feedback on what my measley chances may be on my upcoming O cruise!!!!!! I probably have more of a chance of winning the lottery than meeting a nice eligible bachelor .... but what the hey!!!!!

Should do a TV reality show about this ..... "The Bachelorette Floating Edition"

Buy a lottery ticket..

Jancruz1

On our first O cruises they had special get-togethers (arranged by the ship) for single passengers. I don't recall if they have done so more recently.

On one particular cruise a woman spotted a man she liked at such a get-together and coralled him. She asked him to be her "date" for the Valentine's Day dinner. (I know because we had dinner with them several times.) They ended up being a couple. I don't know how permanent that relationship was because he lived in England and she in California ... I like to think that it WAS permanent but there were obvious imp0ediments!

Watch the Daily Currents announcements on board and if there is anything official, you will see it posted there. No doubt early on in the cruise.

Another idea: go to your roll call and see if you can't set up something like a Meet and Greet for solo passengers. You don't have to be seeking a love match, just companions for the trip.

Mura

Couldn't agree more--buy a lottery ticket. I've had 5 cruises as a single and while there have been quite a few single women on board, don't remember ever seeing a single male (not unless he was with his own nurse).

Buy a lottery ticket..

Jancruz1

Then I guess the lady I referenced was very lucky!

Maybe that's why she moved in on him so quickly ...

Reminds me of a tour group I saw walking through our neighborhood yesterday. About 90% women ...

Mura

Couldn't agree more--buy a lottery ticket. I've had 5 cruises as a single and while there have been quite a few single women on board, don't remember ever seeing a single male (not unless he was with his own nurse).

I want the one on life support!!! That works for me!!!!! LOL

Truly I know about the lottery ticket .... I just wanted to have some fun with the topic. I have my "husband" at home ..... Miracle .... the cat. The best spouse I have had ... guess the third time was a charm!!!!

Hi. Cindy. I speak from much experience traveling solo after my husband died in 2003 at the age of 52. I decided to enjoy life and travel solo not knowing what life has in store. I usually started and/or joined a roll call for my sailing. I also planned cruise critic/meet and mingle parties and got to know most of the people before I met them. There were several solo male travelers on the last 5 Oceania cruises and since they were part of the roll call, it was easy to have a companion for dinner. If not joining someone for dinner, the Officer(s) would invite me. That was because they remembered me from past O cruises and we had something to talk about.

I never joined the single group because that wasn't my thing. Since I enjoy my own Company I opted to have dinner alone once and awhile. I was able to get into one of the Specialty restaurants any time I wanted. I eat early and was encouraged by the Staff that I was welcomed any time I wanted.

It appears that with your personality, you will do just fine. Everything has to do with your outlook as I have many memorable moments with Oceania traveling solo when it was difficult to do so. A lot had to do with the wonderful people I have met and remained in touch over the last 9 years. I was blessed once again last November with Paul whom I have known 35 years through my career. We have two more cruises scheduled as newlyweds. Enjoy your cruise. Maria :)

I want the one on life support!!! That works for me!!!!! LOL

Truly I know about the lottery ticket .... I just wanted to have some fun with the topic. I have my "husband" at home ..... Miracle .... the cat. The best spouse I have had ... guess the third time was a charm!!!!

Why post on a ship site altogether and especially one that has very few singles.

Why post on a ship site altogether and especially one that has very few singles.

And how was she to know that. :confused:

But Cindy they are a pretty boring mob here and basically you have to be into food , food

, food , bingo trivia and all that stuff .

You should go back to one of the other forums where there is some life and I will keep my

eye out for you next year ;) . Just keep up that exercise regimen eh :D

Guys some of this is tongue in cheek stuff , so don't get your knickers in a knot. :p

What a fabulous story Maria! And thank you for sharing it. :)

I have been travling solo for almost my whole travel life. I have planned all the excursions on my roll call and host sailaway parties in my suite which are always fun. No wallflower am I and I sure don't mind if I have to eat alone. Like you, I have my own company in business and truly ENJOY my own company for pleasure! Since meeting many folks on CC, I seem to have developed a group of friends that travel when I do. I usually spend a week in a destination before the cruise, but that I prefer to do on my own.

The question I asked in another thread which was moved was what are peoples's experiences on meeting members of the opposite sex on Oceania specifically. This will be my first O cruise. I know on Azamara there was very little chance (read: zero)....

This is not a big deal - I meet lots of folks all the time and stay friends with some for many years. I am traveling on the Baltic cruise next month with 5 couples who I have met through CC and have traveled with before.

Just an O newbie asking a question!

Yes Joy - thanks for your support and ability to see through my sarcastic humour. You are spot on!

And Orchestrapal - :p

They have a singles get together at the beginning of every cruise and the one I am is no exception

Not sure what you will find in the mix.

I have cruised with Maria as a single. She always seemed busier than most of us!

What a fabulous story Maria! And thank you for sharing it. :)

I have been travling solo for almost my whole travel life. I have planned all the excursions on my roll call and host sailaway parties in my suite which are always fun. No wallflower am I and I sure don't mind if I have to eat alone. Like you, I have my own company in business and truly ENJOY my own company for pleasure! Since meeting many folks on CC, I seem to have developed a group of friends that travel when I do. I usually spend a week in a destination before the cruise, but that I prefer to do on my own.

The question I asked in another thread which was moved was what are peoples's experiences on meeting members of the opposite sex on Oceania specifically. This will be my first O cruise. I know on Azamara there was very little chance (read: zero)....

This is not a big deal - I meet lots of folks all the time and stay friends with some for many years. I am traveling on the Baltic cruise next month with 5 couples who I have met through CC and have traveled with before.

Just an O newbie asking a question!

Yes Joy - thanks for your support and ability to see through my sarcastic humour. You are spot on!

And Orchestrapal - :p

Cindy. The solo women outnumber the solo men on these cruises. Looking for Love on O is possible but it is when you least expect it onboard or on land. Our last cruise a handsome gentlemen in our trivia group met someone and they had dinner together. What developed after the cruise is unknown. :eek:

They have a singles get together at the beginning of every cruise and the one I am is no exception

Not sure what you will find in the mix.

I have cruised with Maria as a single. She always seemed busier than most of us!

Yes! Shopping and Knitting:D

Madam: Every once and a while someone gets off a really good line. Your last, in parentheses, was the best I've seen since Marianh left the Seabourn board.

Archived