Man's camelhair blazer -- what pants, tie, etc?

DH has a camel hair blazer as well as myself. I consider it to be something worn in the fall or winter. You really don't see men wearing them at other times of the year. Many men at church wear blazers, also the ones we see at the Theater or Opera, so I do have some experience to draw from. They look warm!! I have a few winter coats made from that fabric. IMHO, he would look out of place.

Some other ideas!

420x560.jpg

Camel+Camel+Herringbone+Sport+Coat.jpg

as already mentions that first picture is terrible first the sleeves are way to short and you don't wear french cuffs with a sport coat. the second picture is as silly in the opposite direct those sleeves are way too long.

the bow tie is silly in both pictures.

jeans would also imo not be an option.

the only sane option with a camel hair sport coat is darker brown wool pants solid or maybe a very muted pattern. brown shoes and belt.

if he's taller and slim he could pull off black wool pants and a light weight black wool/cashmere turtle neck. then we are talking black shoes and belt. if he has any 'gut' or a short neck forget this option.

almost anything else people will wonder what in he!! he was thinking.

Guest maddycat
:o JMO but I don't like either of these looks.

And the sleeves in the top photo should be just a smidge longer. The french cuff and cufflink should show but that jacket sleeve is too short. IMO

I don't like the fit either but that seems to be the current style........jackets that look like the wearer has outgrown them.

Guest maddycat
Camel-colored camel hair blazer, black slacks, pop-of-color tie...perfect! ;)

19500-2.jpg?1357733558

A much better look. The jacket actually fits properly.

as already mentions that first picture is terrible first the sleeves are way to short and you don't wear french cuffs with a sport coat. the second picture is as silly in the opposite direct those sleeves are way too long.

the bow tie is silly in both pictures.

jeans would also imo not be an option.

the only sane option with a camel hair sport coat is darker brown wool pants solid or maybe a very muted pattern. brown shoes and belt.

if he's taller and slim he could pull off black wool pants and a light weight black wool/cashmere turtle neck. then we are talking black shoes and belt. if he has any 'gut' or a short neck forget this option.

almost anything else people will wonder what in he!! he was thinking.

Black wool pants? Wool/cashmere turtleneck? You must want him to catch a heat stroke. I'm sure if he walked out in that outfit people would think "what in he!! he was thinking." Unless he was going to Alaska of course... Even though I doubt they would actually think that b/c that sentence doesn't even make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like the fit either but that seems to be the current style........jackets that look like the wearer has outgrown them.

Yes, that style is in. Gives the wearer a chance to display their wrist wear without having to roll up their jacket sleeves.

Black wool pants? Wool/cashmere turtleneck? You must want him to catch a heat stroke. I'm sure if he walked out in that outfit people would think "what in he!! he was thinking." Unless he was going to Alaska of course... Even though I doubt they would actually think that b/c that sentence doesn't even make sense.

I'm just guessing you don't live in the cold Northeast? :D

Come here in January and you would not think the cashmere turtleneck, wool trousers and camel hair jacket out of consideration for a 10 degree day. That would be considered 'sensible' dress for a well garbed gent.

well if you had read the thread before giving yourself a heat stroke the OP said..

esterday, 11:56 AM

CowPrincess

5,000+ Club

Thanks for all the suggestions

slidergirl, thanks for the link. It'll be a winter cruise, NOT the Carib, and yes it is camel-coloured camelhair I think I will NOT suggest "jeans" to DH, or that'd be the ONLY option he'd want

BTW, exactly what fabric would you suggest for dress pants to wear with a camel hair sport coat? 90% of suit/dress pants are wool summer/mid/winter weight. unless you are wearing a wally world polyester suit.. then all bets are off.

btw, the new picture the sport coat fits correctly with a little of the shirt cuff showing. it's the correct type shirt being an oxford button down shirt.

Yes, that style is in. Gives the wearer a chance to display their wrist wear without having to roll up their jacket sleeves.

where exactly would that look be in style? why in the word would anyone roll up their jacket sleeve to show off whatever?

never had to roll up sleeve to get this noticed. (but I would not wear it with a suit)

ExpII-3-2.jpg?t=1297906810

well if you had read the thread before giving yourself a heat stroke the OP said..

esterday, 11:56 AM

CowPrincess

5,000+ Club

Thanks for all the suggestions

slidergirl, thanks for the link. It'll be a winter cruise, NOT the Carib, and yes it is camel-coloured camelhair I think I will NOT suggest "jeans" to DH, or that'd be the ONLY option he'd want

BTW, exactly what fabric would you suggest for dress pants to wear with a camel hair sport coat? 90% of suit/dress pants are wool summer/mid/winter weight. unless you are wearing a wally world polyester suit.. then all bets are off.

btw, the new picture the sport coat fits correctly with a little of the shirt cuff showing. it's the correct type shirt being an oxford button down shirt.

I read it. That's still a lot of material.

But hey, what do I know? I just get paid to put together outfits and play with fabrics all day. I don't know what I'm talking about :)

where exactly would that look be in style? why in the word would anyone roll up their jacket sleeve to show off whatever?

I've already come to the conclusion that I'm a lot younger than you, so I don't expect you to understand.

I just can't believe you insist on going back and forth with me. I pray I'm not as petty and bitter as you when I get old. It's a shame that you don't have anything better to do.

I'm just guessing you don't live in the cold Northeast? :D

Come here in January and you would not think the cashmere turtleneck, wool trousers and camel hair jacket out of consideration for a 10 degree day. That would be considered 'sensible' dress for a well garbed gent.

I was born and raised in NY...lived there for 17 years before relocating to GA. With that being said I still think that's a lot of material, but hey...what do I know?

dear, please don't pray for me.. if your responses here are any indication of your fashion talent or your personality it's not me that needs prayed for.

But hey, what do I know? I just get paid to put together outfits and play with fabrics all day. I don't know what I'm talking about you could work in a laundromat, JoAnns, Wally World.. ain't saying much about your fashion talent.

btw. you are the one who called me out about my suggestion causing the fellow heat stroke.

I was born and raised in NY...lived there for 17 years before relocating to GA. With that being said I still think that's a lot of material, but hey...what do I know?

When/if you are ready for a return visit to the colder regions of our country, come north in January, on a blustery day and count how many gents you will see in cashmere turtleneck and wool/camel hair sports coat. :D You likely have forgotten what that kind of cold feels like being so fortunate to live in the sunny south now. :)

I don't understand what you mean where you have several times referred to 'a lot of material'. A jacket, a turtleneck and trousers. Can you do them with a meaningful difference in 'amount of material' or do you mean type/warmth of the chosen materials? :confused:

DH has a camel hair blazer as well as myself. I consider it to be something worn in the fall or winter. You really don't see men wearing them at other times of the year. Many men at church wear blazers, also the ones we see at the Theater or Opera, so I do have some experience to draw from. They look warm!! I have a few winter coats made from that fabric. IMHO, he would look out of place.

We'll be cruising out of San Diego in December. You would be shocked at what the locals wear .... full-on winter-type clothing, minus the heavy overcoats we northerners wear. I nearly fell over when I saw a woman wearing a wool skirt, cashmere sweater and heavy tights in SD in November. Most people were dressed like that. I was wearing a t-shirt, and I was the one who looked out of place.

We'll be cruising out of San Diego in December. You would be shocked at what the locals wear .... full-on winter-type clothing, minus the heavy overcoats we northerners wear. I nearly fell over when I saw a woman wearing a wool skirt, cashmere sweater and heavy tights in SD in November. Most people were dressed like that. I was wearing a t-shirt, and I was the one who looked out of place.

That's funny, but I believe it. My aunt moved there from Michigan. She said they complain at what we would consider normal.

DH has a nice camelhair blazer that just may come on our next cruise. If it does, what colour tie? What colour shirt? And what pants?

(I'm thinking charcoal grey pants..... ) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

That would work...when is the cruise? Might be kind of warm....

It is really true that our blood gets thinner when you move south. We always laugh when we see tourists in shorts in the late fall, winter or early spring. We would be freezing.

One time we were visiting friends and passed people coming from the pool. We commented to them that it was too cold to swim. They responded "We're from Canada".

Archived