double booking

I'm making myself worried so I thought I'd ask here.

I booked a cruise a few weeks ago on RCI's website.

Today there was a deal for a better cabin for the same price and OBC with my countries RCI travel agent. So I put in a booking there as well. They said I would receive confirmation after the weekend. They had to submit my booking to RCI.

I'm scared to cancel my online booking until I receive the confirmation. I've already booked a non refundable flight.

My worry now is that RCI will check my name and see I already have a reservation for this cruise and won't give me the better deal. Is this worry justified?

Anyone ever done something like this?

I don't think they'll cancel your cruise with no warning, but, if you booked a cruise that was for new bookings only, you knew you were doing something wrong from the start. I hope the savings turns out to be worth it for you.

I'm making myself worried so I thought I'd ask here.

I booked a cruise a few weeks ago on RCI's website.

Today there was a deal for a better cabin for the same price and OBC with my countries RCI travel agent. So I put in a booking there as well. They said I would receive confirmation after the weekend. They had to submit my booking to RCI.

I'm scared to cancel my online booking until I receive the confirmation. I've already booked a non refundable flight.

My worry now is that RCI will check my name and see I already have a reservation for this cruise and won't give me the better deal. Is this worry justified?

Anyone ever done something like this?

Since your cruise isn't until October, I don't think there will be a problem.

I thought though that non USA cruisers lose their deposit if they cancel

Since your cruise isn't until October, I don't think there will be a problem.

I thought though that non USA cruisers lose their deposit if they cancel

Maybe if booked through a TA, but if I access my reservation and cancel it says:

If you cancel your reservation today, your penalty will be 0.00 EUR

Also

Cancellation and Penalty

* Euro including relevant taxes and fees.

Schedule Penalty / Person

15-Aug-2013 to 01-Sep-2013 450.00 EUR

02-Sep-2013 to 29-Sep-2013 50% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)

30-Sep-2013 to 13-Oct-2013 75% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)

On or After 14-Oct-2013 No refund except for taxes and fees

I don't think they'll cancel your cruise with no warning, but, if you booked a cruise that was for new bookings only, you knew you were doing something wrong from the start. I hope the savings turns out to be worth it for you.

The OP didn't do anything wrong, in my opinion. He found a better deal, booked it, and is waiting for confirmation on the new booking before cancelling the old one. How is that wrong?

The OP didn't do anything wrong, in my opinion. He found a better deal, booked it, and is waiting for confirmation on the new booking before cancelling the old one. How is that wrong?

Maybe "wrong" is too strong a word, but "ineligible" might apply. Sometimes Royal designates a price for new bookings only. If the OP had a previous booking then that might disqualify them from getting the better price. It all depends on how Royal codes the new price, and if they have a lookback period to determine if a booking existed for the same person.

Archived