Carnival Liberty 5-22-13 AC Issue

My sister is on the Liberty, she says the Air Conditioning is not working on several stateroom decks. Supposedly the ship was aware the AC might be an issue when they left Miami Saturday. The crew thought if the AC failed they would get it fixed in Honduras. The repairs could not be made, now quite a few folks are without AC.

My sister says Carnival is offering next cruise credits for those that were inconvenienced. She says she says she was just glad she and her husband had a balcony.

Anyone else heard from anyone on the Liberty?

I do not have a balcony room!

If they are unable to fix it at the next port, it will probably be repaired when they return to Miami. I am sure she will text me when/if it gets fixed. I'll post any updates.

I know it is uncomfortable....but she is still on a cruise and not at work :)

We had minimal or no A/C in our cabin on Liberty back in October...sad to see they might be having more issues. I'm not sure how widespread the problem was on our sailing. We were lucky enough to be moved to a different stateroom.

We had minimal or no A/C in our cabin on Liberty back in October...sad to see they might be having more issues. I'm not sure how widespread the problem was on our sailing. We were lucky enough to be moved to a different stateroom.

This seems to be a reoccurring theme. We were on the Freedom May 4th thru the 12th and about roasted. (See poll titled Freedom room temperature too warm). We complained to guest services twice and were told the temperature was within standard, which is 76 degrees or less. They did give us a fan.

This just confirms our decision to try RCCL next year. Call me picky, but I like to have the temperature to my standards, not Carnivals.

This just confirms our decision to try RCCL next year. Call me picky, but I like to have the temperature to my standards, not Carnivals.

Just curious, what will you do if you encounter the same on RCCL? Will you try another ship?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

This seems to be a reoccurring theme. We were on the Freedom May 4th thru the 12th and about roasted. (See poll titled Freedom room temperature too warm). We complained to guest services twice and were told the temperature was within standard, which is 76 degrees or less. They did give us a fan.

They offered us a fan, too, but due to my sister's medical issues we decided that 7 days of sweating misery in a warm, humid room wouldn't cut it. I went to Guest Services to request the Satisfaction Guarantee (we would have debarked in St. Thomas, I think, for return home) and at that point the Hotel Manager offered us a change of stateroom. The new stateroom clearly had working A/C (the air was 'conditioned' and dry) and we took it.

So what does AC not working mean? No air coming out? Not cool enough?

Ships are designed to specifications and sounds like Carnival is setting about 76 to be the number. The world is getting to be a greener place. :)

It won't be particularly green for Carnival's bottom line, then.

They offered us a fan, too, but due to my sister's medical issues we decided that 7 days of sweating misery in a warm, humid room wouldn't cut it. I went to Guest Services to request the Satisfaction Guarantee (we would have debarked in St. Thomas, I think, for return home) and at that point the Hotel Manager offered us a change of stateroom. The new stateroom clearly had working A/C (the air was 'conditioned' and dry) and we took it.

Ships are designed to specifications and sounds like Carnival is setting about 76 to be the number. The world is getting to be a greener place. :)

Archived