Reflection AQ cabin choices

gryffin123

Hi all:

I have booked the Reflection for a Caribbean cruise later this year. I currently have 1610. 1552 is available as are a few hump cabins on deck 12. I'm worried about that deck 12 will be too noisy for us to sleep because it is below a pool deck. Should I consider switching to 1552? I've never cruised before- is 1552 too far forward (motion wise)?

Thanks!

Everyone has their preferences. As a general rule, I try to book a cabin which has a cabin on top and a cabin below. That said, once I did book a cabin under pool deck. It really for us wasn't a big problem. I did hear some footsteps, and it didn't help that the anchor was dropped right by our cabin on port days. But we still had a great time on the cruise. Still, unless it is such a great deal, I play it safe and avoid that deck if possible. Just my two cents....

I have some mobility issues. Sailed in AQ 1542 very near the elevator--no noise. Sailed in 1509 and loved it. Very near to the relaxation room, very quiet and a little exercise getting to the elevators.

Hi all:

I have booked the Reflection for a Caribbean cruise later this year. I currently have 1610. 1552 is available as are a few hump cabins on deck 12. I'm worried about that deck 12 will be too noisy for us to sleep because it is below a pool deck. Should I consider switching to 1552? I've never cruised before- is 1552 too far forward (motion wise)?

Thanks!

I would stay with 1610. It's a great cabin, huge balcony, and one of the most convenient locations on the ship -- Near the elevator bank of 8 -- up to the buffet/Sunset Bar, down to the Martini Bar/Dining.

Noise will be minimal if any at all. We stayed 2 doors down in 1606 and had no problems noise.

Hi all:

Thanks!

Stateroom 1610 on the Reflection is on Deck 11, there is one more deck of staterooms above you and not the pool so no noise to contend with.

Thanks for the responses so far! I realized that I may not have been as clear as I wanted to be.

We currently have cabin 1610 on the Reflection. I know that here are cabins above it, so noise from the deck above shouldn't be an issue. On the Reflection, this cabin has a standard size balcony (it is a two cabins forward of the hump), but is midship, so in a good place for minimizing motion (so my travel agent tells me).

We have the option of moving to a cabin with a larger balcony- there are a couple of choices:

Deck 11, 1552 - it should be quiet because there are cabins above. Possible negatives: (1) partial obstruction from the window washing equipment (which seems to bother some but not others), (2) further forward - will there be significantly more ship motion?

Deck 12, has a couple of midship larger deck choices- but if we move to one of these there won't be cabins above, hence noise could be an issue.

My fiancé gets bad headaches when he doesn't sleep well at night.

Sorry, I was thinking of the other S-Class ships, and now notice you are on Reflection.

Either stateroom has cabins above, so there shouldn't be any noise problems. 1610 is in a more convenient location -- that's my opinion, but 1552 has the huge balcony. If you are going to be spending a lot of time on the balcony, go with 1552. I wouldn't worry about the window washing machine - I don't know for sure, but would think it would be up on Deck 12.

If you are on a port-intensive cruise, you would most likely not be spending that much time on your balcony, so I would go for location, location, location.

• 2 years later...
Hi Wine-O

I see you spent time in cabin 1606 on Reflection - do you recall whether bed was by bathroom or balcony ? Thanks

1606 on Reflection does have the bed by the bath, but we were in 1606 on Solstice. It was a hump angled cabin with bed by the bath also.

Reflection added an additional deck so the numbering for Deck 11 and 12 are a little different from all of the other S-Class ships.

1610 is in a great location as you can just take the nearby elevators up or down to the dining areas. It has a typical balcony. There are rooms across the hallway which could increase noise a little but I would not worry.