Mloderno

You don't order anything specific, they walk around with the different meats on huge skewers and will stop at your table to offer them to you. I've been to many Brazilian churascaria's and I think Moderno is well worth the cover charge. Most of the other ones I've been to are at least $40 plus tax and tip per person. I highly recommend you give it a try. If you do I hope you enjoy it.

Can you request specific meats? There are lots of meats at Moderno I won't eat (lamb, pork)- so can I tell the server what I'm actually hoping they'll bring around?

Yes you can. Let them know if you have a preference - they'll be happy to accommodate.

Loved Moderno. On the Epic they also had the most amazing salad bar there too. Less so on the Jewel. I didn't eat the lamb or chicken, and only tasted the sausages. I saved myself for the garlic steak, filet, etc. I think I ate more of that amazing pineapple than I did meat! :)

It was the only specialty restaurant we tried on Breakaway. I thought it was worth the $20 cover charge. The salad bar was large. I probably ate too much salad before the meat started coming around :0 If they come with a skewer of something you don't want to try, you can just say no thanks, as they ask if you want some.

I vote for the pineapple........that is worth going back for every cruise. I also love the beef, the chicken and sausage are fine but just not as special as the the pineapple!! The whole experience is great.

It was well worth it on the Epic! Don't fill yourself up on salad and bread like I did :) We ate the meat, then our waiter brought all 3 desserts. "They're small" he said... then came the pineapple! If I had known about the pineapple I would have gone with a whole different strategy - lol! ;)

Both. There were some premade salads and then there was an assortment if breads, assortment of cheese, Italian meats like salami, lettuce, various veggies, asparagus, and more.

Loved Moderno. On the Epic they also had the most amazing salad bar there too. Less so on the Jewel. I didn't eat the lamb or chicken, and only tasted the sausages. I saved myself for the garlic steak, filet, etc. I think I ate more of that amazing pineapple than I did meat! :)

This.

I went, prepared to be.....less than excited. I was pleasantly surprised.

The salad bar is more akin to a tapas bar. I could have happily stayed at the salad bar. The meats were tasty and plentiful.

Grilled pineapple males it worth getting out of bed in the morning.

It would've REALLY been special if the option for a tasty beer were available. We brought some wine instead.

Mike, we knocked back the barrel-aged Old Rasputin last weekend.

I heard there is a salad bar. Is it a traditional salad bar, with all the fixings or are they different types of pre-made salads?

Thanks.

The salad bar in "Moderno" is not a traditional one (at least on the DAWN). It seemed much more upscale. Not too small, not too big. Although I love the meats served table side, I was very impressed with the salad bar and its presentation though. We were the first patrons that day so it may not have looked as good an hour or so later, I didn't notice.

You only need to take what you want, You will be offered all the meats. You are given a coaster red on one side, green on the other. As long as it is green side up the servers will ask if you would like a slice or piece of the offerings. The servers will be at your table every minute or so. At times you gotta turn that coaster to red just to get a break.

We have a Brazilian Steakhouse locally, ("Gauchos" in Manchester, NH. We really enjoy it. $28 per person pre tip.) I feel "Moderno" is better. Also in "Moderno" we were looking out at the beautiful seas while we dinned.

We booked "Moderno" for our upcomming GEM cruise. I am really looking forward to it.

Jon

PS: Patty reminded me of all the shrimp at the salad bar for making shrimp cocktails. All you could eat and I have never had better. I am picky when it comes to shrimp. I only took one at first because I wasn't sure I would like it. I had lots more after that!

We enjoyed Moderno on our last Jade cruise and absolutely loved it. For sure you get your money's worth. The salad bar, side dishes and meats were just fabulous. Not to mention it was our first time experiencing Churrascaria and it was a fun experience and our wait staff kept us laughing. Go for it and enjoy.

Cdn in KS

Do any of you know if they offer any gluten free options?

They offer traditional Brazilian cheese rolls made with tapioca flour. Of the 4 side dishes, 1 is black beans, 1 mashed potatoes and another rice. The meats are not breaded and one of the desserts is a flan.

Grilled pineapple is, of course, gluten free :D

Modernopineappleonaskewer_zpsa513b789.jpg

It was well worth it on the Epic! Don't fill yourself up on salad and bread like I did :) We ate the meat, then our waiter brought all 3 desserts. "They're small" he said... then came the pineapple! If I had known about the pineapple I would have gone with a whole different strategy - lol! ;)

please..talk more about the pineapple!!

anyone?

They offer traditional Brazilian cheese rolls made with tapioca flour. Of the 4 side dishes, 1 is black beans, 1 mashed potatoes and another rice. The meats are not breaded and one of the desserts is a flan.

Grilled pineapple is, of course, gluten free :D

Modernopineappleonaskewer_zpsa513b789.jpg

nice

The salad bar is far more "upscale" than normal. They had ceviche, antipasta, bruschetta, assorted cheeses and breads, etc.

The pineapple is peeled and then grilled over an open fire on a skewer, like the meat. It is sweet and juicy...and quite frankly amazing.

Someone mentioned the sides (beans, rice, etc.), but you can also get fries if you want. The dipping sauces were great, and the fried bananans were nearly as good as the pineapple :)

1270-vi.jpg

Here's the link to a really, really large picture showing the Moderno menu. When it opens in your browser, click on the picture to zoom in.

http://images60.fotki.com/v361/fileUprQ/0ef6a/7/649277/10941216/DSCN4784.jpg

Archived