Mloderno

Definitely worth it

Ate their twice on my last cruise because I enjoyed it so much

You can ask for a taste before they pile the meat on your plate. You can pick and choose and ask for as much as you like

The service was great and the food was deliscious

You should go

Enjoy!!

Yes we had soup on breakaway. 2 choices I think. I had the seafood chowder. Very good.

The pineapple is yummy. On Breakaway it was served as a palate cleanser and not a dessert. They told us to eat some in between different kinds of meat to clean the palate. They brought it around on a large skewer and cut you a hunk at your table

Hasn't anyone had the fried plantains? Soooo good. Not as good as the pineapple, but soooo good. We tried all the steaks, the chicken, the pork, and DH even had a sausage or too. We were on the Sun just last week and enjoyed it every bit as much as what we had on the Jewel last year. The only thing we missed was the location of Jewel's Moderno, which overlooks the Atrium and the entertainment going on there. The Sun's Moderno is new; it's located next to the arcade.

Try it! You'll like it!

The salad bar in "Moderno" is not a traditional one (at least on the DAWN). It seemed much more upscale. Not too small, not too big. Although I love the meats served table side, I was very impressed with the salad bar and its presentation though. We were the first patrons that day so it may not have looked as good an hour or so later, I didn't notice.

You only need to take what you want, You will be offered all the meats. You are given a coaster red on one side, green on the other. As long as it is green side up the servers will ask if you would like a slice or piece of the offerings. The servers will be at your table every minute or so. At times you gotta turn that coaster to red just to get a break.

We have a Brazilian Steakhouse locally, ("Gauchos" in Manchester, NH. We really enjoy it. $28 per person pre tip.) I feel "Moderno" is better. Also in "Moderno" we were looking out at the beautiful seas while we dinned.

We booked "Moderno" for our upcomming GEM cruise. I am really looking forward to it.

Jon

PS: Patty reminded me of all the shrimp at the salad bar for making shrimp cocktails. All you could eat and I have never had better. I am picky when it comes to shrimp. I only took one at first because I wasn't sure I would like it. I had lots more after that!

Hey, Jon. We also booked Moderno for the June 1 cruise, for the night we leave Nassau. Maybe we'll see you there!

I also love the salad bar. First tried Moderno on the Sun during a Baltic cruise. Very impressive seafood selections. We don't eat a lot of meat, so I don't mind filling up at the salad bar, then being selective about the meat we will have. The only complaint, and I've heard it from other CCers, is that the meat can be very salty.

And LOVE the pineapple!

Oh, nice! How was it?

Here are the remnants of last night's bottle share. The BCS coffee was amazing. The Chocolate Rain is 2012 and still a bit hot from the bourbon barrels.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJhsTcuCMAEuDZ3.jpg:large

It was tasty. And spendy. Ah well.

You had a nice round of beers in that pic.

I'm thinking you had fried plantains rather tha bananas.

I went to Moderno as a skeptic. Been to similar on land and figure it's kinda like a retsaurant for people on the Atkin's diet. The salad bar made the difference. I would go to Moderno before Cagney's for certain. Even if the Cagney's menu were the old one.

Ok. First they plant it, usually in Hawaii. Then, it grows to maturity and... :):D;)

If I eat too much of it the acid starts to make the roof of my mouth tender and sensitive then raw. I can only eat a couple pieces, it is soo good though.

Jon

Hey, Jon. We also booked Moderno for the June 1 cruise, for the night we leave Nassau. Maybe we'll see you there!

I also love the salad bar. First tried Moderno on the Sun during a Baltic cruise. Very impressive seafood selections. We don't eat a lot of meat, so I don't mind filling up at the salad bar, then being selective about the meat we will have. The only complaint, and I've heard it from other CCers, is that the meat can be very salty.

And LOVE the pineapple!

We are dinning in "Moderno" on Sunday our first sea day. Nassau night is "La Cusina". I don't remember how "Moderno's" meat specifically tasted, but I think I remember all of it was spiced to taste somewhat similar. Kinda like if you get BBQ Beef ribs, chicken, and pulled pork in a BBQ joint.

We'll see you either boarding day or the next at the Meet and Greet! Week from today!!!

Jon

I really enjoyed the salad bar and had a good time at the restaurant. We did have a slight problem that we were toward one side of the dining area and they did not bring around the meats once we were served ... except for sausage.

I would go again, I just wouldn't want to have the same seats! Jan

Here's your menu:

P41702181.JPG

What I got from the salad bar:

P4170220.JPG

First course, SAUSAGE:

P4170222.JPG

Mango rice pudding:

P4170224.JPG

Cocoanut flan...let me re-phrase that...Off the CHAIN cocoanut flan:

P4170225.JPG

Papaya cream:

P4170226.JPG

You all are making my decision very hard. I was thinking I was probably going to pass on this restaurant during my upcoming November cruise, but after seeing the menu and all the pictures, I leaning more toward going now.

Thanks for the menu and all the pictures.

Keep the pictures coming if you have them!

I'm thinking I am going to love this on the non-meat components alone (not a huge meat eater- which is part of why I want to try this on the ship. Similar land places are way too expensive to justify)

Hubby and I just did the Sun in March.. I would have to say this is one of my favourite places to eat.. the chicken with lime is to die for.. the beef could of been done a little more will know better next time.. pineapple is great.. don't fill up on the salad bar you will be sorry.. we are going back on the Pearl in June and this is a must for us now... enjoy the meal it's worth the money...one more thing I never had rice like they cooked it.. melts in your mouth..

Archived