All Day Movies

dadof2boys

Has anyone else noticed that there are less all day movies than there used to be? We just got off the Inspiration last weekend and we only had one All Day Movie playing in our stateroom each day. When we were on last in August there were 3. When we were on the Breeze in December I thought we also had three a day, but all the fun times I've been reading in the reviews lately just show 2.

All that to say, I'm kind of bummed as having those three movie choices were part of my favorite things about cruising. I mean I also get how a lot of people maybe were not watching them as they spent a lot of time out of their room. However, I would watch a couple each day.

That stinks...

Our last two cruises in Sept. and Dec. they still had the two adult channels and the kids channel, but the movies were much older than Carnival used to offer...

Previous years, the movies were generally, movies that were about to be released or recently released on DVD.

The last two cruises, it was movies that had been out quite awhile.

(a couple of movies that were on our Sept. cruise, were still playing on the Dream in Dec.)

It usually took me an entire cruise of 15 minutes here, 30 minutes there of watching a movie on multiple days, to see a complete movie.

But it was a very nice feature to our cruises.

Bill

Never paid too much attention in the past but on my last cruise in Dec. I noticed that we only had 2 really bad movies. They were quite old too. One was the 3 stooges....

I guess carnival wants everyone out of their cabins spending money on stuff...

Hey Temecula Dad,

There were two movies on my last cruise and they were dated and I had seen them.

San Marcos, down the 15 from you :)

Small world. We're actually heading down your way for a BBQ tomorrow. Hoping the weather stays nice. Chance of rain on Tuesday? Wacky weather for sure.

Couldn't you watch these same movies while at home ?

Oh yeah for sure. It's just that my boys are small and still take naps. Which then means I'm in the cabin for an hour or two. When they fall asleep I usually put on a movie. It was nice when there were choices and the movies were relatively new. It made having to stay in the cabin not seem like a bad trade while DW went and explored the ship.

Oh yeah for sure. It's just that my boys are small and still take naps. Which then means I'm in the cabin for an hour or two. When they fall asleep I usually put on a movie. It was nice when there were choices and the movies were relatively new. It made having to stay in the cabin not seem like a bad trade while DW went and explored the ship.

Our last cruise was our first with a baby so its like what you are saying. Kids take naps and we had to be in the room while the baby slept. Our last cruise was on Disney and they have dozens of movies playing all day on TV. It was awesome. I am sure that Carnival has to pay in order to show movies, especially new ones since they don't own any rights so its not surprising that they have so few. Just another way to cut costs.

I just got off the Glory and they had 3 movies running each day. I'm feeling too lazy to get up and find the Fun Times but off the top of my head some of the movies included This Means War, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Though there were 3 movies each day, they did repeat during the trip, I know that This Means War was one of the movies at least 2 of the days (on a 5 day cruise)

I wonder if it varies by size of the ship or what determines which movies and how many are played.

~Katy

I just got off the Glory and they had 3 movies running each day. I'm feeling too lazy to get up and find the Fun Times but off the top of my head some of the movies included This Means War, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Though there were 3 movies each day, they did repeat during the trip, I know that This Means War was one of the movies at least 2 of the days (on a 5 day cruise)

I wonder if it varies by size of the ship or what determines which movies and how many are played.

~Katy

I suspect it's whatever the CD can rent for the week while the ship is docked at it's home port.:rolleyes:

You could take a portable DVD player and a couple of movies with you. There are several DVD players listed on Amazon, and most of them are under $100.00.

~Katy

This Means War was on the TV on one of our cruises, last year.

It was released on DVD, May 22, 2012.....

So that one should have been on Carnival this time, last year...

That is sad.

Bill

Archived