Alaska formal nights

waterbug123

Seems like I read/heard somewhere that Alaska (7 night) cruises have just 1 formal night, rather than the usual 2. Can people who have actually been on a 7 night Celebrity Alaska cruise confirm whether it is usually 1 or 2?

(And not to sound rude, but I don't need replies about shorter cruises, non-Alaska cruises, Alaska cruises on other lines, or random guesses. Thanks! :))

Seems like I read/heard somewhere that Alaska (7 night) cruises have just 1 formal night, rather than the usual 2. Can people who have actually been on a 7 night Celebrity Alaska cruise confirm whether it is usually 1 or 2?

(And not to sound rude, but I don't need replies about shorter cruises, non-Alaska cruises, Alaska cruises on other lines, or random guesses. Thanks! :))

We have been on been on 3 celebrity 7 night Alaskan cruises, including 1 last summer, and there were always 2 formal nights.

Debarked from the Millennium round trip Alaska out of Vancouver yesterday. Formal nights were day 2 and day 5, both sea days. Caribbean lobster tails were offered the second formal night. Hope this helps!

Harvey

Just read a Solstice review from May 17. Formal nights are the sea days, Meg. Nights 2 & 6. It was reported that all manner of dress was seen.

I can imagine! I don't know where I read that there was only 1, so I just wanted to double check. My boys will be thrilled (not! :D) that they have to look somewhat more than presentable TWICE. Oh, the torture, LOL!

See you in Seattle, Big Daddy!

Oh, I'm excited for formal night(s)! This will be our very first cruise, and I have a formal gown to bring along. I hadn't planned on packing two long, formal gowns, though - if I pack a less formal but still nice dress, would that be acceptable?

And this is going to sound dumb, but would you recommend bringing out the more formal gown for the first or second formal night?

Very excited about our first cruise! And about our first real vacation as a couple - we're calling it our honeymoon, because we never really had a honeymoon when we married 3 years ago.

Oh, I'm excited for formal night(s)! This will be our very first cruise, and I have a formal gown to bring along. I hadn't planned on packing two long, formal gowns, though - if I pack a less formal but still nice dress, would that be acceptable?

And this is going to sound dumb, but would you recommend bringing out the more formal gown for the first or second formal night?

Very excited about our first cruise! And about our first real vacation as a couple - we're calling it our honeymoon, because we never really had a honeymoon when we married 3 years ago.

A less formal dress would be acceptable, or you could wear the gown twice, especially if you have select dining or go to a specialty restaurant one formal night. If you decide to wear the gown once the 1st night is the most formal.

Mary Lou

Thank you! We do have select dining (my husband is quite shy, and wants to eat most of our meals with just the two of us), and I didn't even know that the specialty restaurants "did" formal night - I thought that was only in the main dining room. Thank for the information and advice!

Thank you! We do have select dining (my husband is quite shy, and wants to eat most of our meals with just the two of us), and I didn't even know that the specialty restaurants "did" formal night - I thought that was only in the main dining room. Thank for the information and advice!

You are correct.

Only the MDR has a "formal" requirement; to whatever extent it is enforced.

You can wear less than formal attire in any of the other venues.

Or, you can dress formally in any venue on any night.

A less formal dress would be acceptable, or you could wear the gown twice, especially if you have select dining or go to a specialty restaurant one formal night. If you decide to wear the gown once the 1st night is the most formal...

I agree that you could just wear the formal gown twice, if it's one you really like. Let's face it, ladies, who except our table mates *might* possibly remember that we had the same beautiful dress on 3 nights ago? ;)

I will be on the Millennium Back to Back on 6/7 and 6/14 sailings. Although I do own both Tux AND Tails, I'm only taking a smart black blazer and slacks w/ different shirts & ties because I have found on previous Celebrity Alaska cruises that the general dress on the Alaska itineraries is not as formal as on other Celeb cruises I've been on...and it makes the packing easier.

So shoot me!! LOL

Just read a Solstice review from May 17. Formal nights are the sea days, It was reported that all manner of dress was seen.

The cruising masses are beset with TURMOIL, ANXIETY, and DESPAIR. :eek:

MILDRED PUREFORD, why have you forsaken us in our hour of need?

SURELY this latest report of substandard dress during a FORMAL night dinner

could summon forth our ONE *T*R*U*E* CRUSADER for proper dress

ARISE from your CC posting slumber MILDRED, to fight for what is right! :cool:

The cruising masses are beset with TURMOIL, ANXIETY, and DESPAIR. :eek:

MILDRED PUREFORD, why have you forsaken us in our hour of need?

SURELY this latest report of substandard dress during a FORMAL night dinner

could summon forth our ONE *T*R*U*E* CRUSADER for proper dress

ARISE from your CC posting slumber MILDRED, to fight for what is right! :cool:

:rolleyes: I wish CC offered more icons. None accurately convey the nausea I experienced while reading this post.

Archived