!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Gambee MSC was suppose to have a Bermuda cruise May 17, 2014 but it was cancelled and that was the only one scheduled.

Oh, I wonder why. My friend was on the one back in April, I actually thinking about doing that cruise next year.

It was a hectic day today for me but I finally caught up on your review Gambee. Awesome pictures as usual, well done sir :)

Thank you Chris :)

Gambee, your pic of Vibe was taken very early in the morning. I was actually the first person it there that day. I believe you must have been standing directly above us (either on the stairs or corner of Sundeck). It did fill up more as the day went on. However, it was never as full as the other decks that day!- Don.

Thank you for adding this to the review. I am not sure what time I took the pic, I am thinking it either at 5pm or 9am. Cant recall which set it was.

Hi gambee. Thanks for this amazing review! We'll be sailing the Breakaway in December and I feel like I've already been on the ship. :)

You're very welcome.

Gambee, I had to laugh at this. We just returned from the 5/26 sailing and, being from Connecticut, found the water temperature to be very comfortable! :p

Lol, you have to take every review with a grain of salt. I am from South Florida, and that felt like Artic water to me :D. I know, I know, lol. I am spoiled.

I don't know.........

My MIL says that eating too much cheese makes a man's........we'll according to her things should have worked very well for you last night! LOL

lol, all I can say is that it was not a fun night.

Is there such a thing as too much cheese?!? I know it doesn't agree with you, but next time you can just send all the cheese to me :D

There no such thing like too much cheese, lol. Well only for people who are lactose intolerant there might be, to bad that is my case :-/.

I love cheese I try to eat it daily, heard the Breakaway has cheese in the buffet yum does it offer cheese for late night snack? By the way, I don't drink milk or eat cottage cheese or yogurt so cheese is the only means I get my calcium. Glad your feeling Better Gambee maybe you bit lactose intolerant?

I think so, I went there very late one night, and they had all types of cheese in there. I loved their goat cheese.

Yeah I am lactose intolerant, sometimes the enzymes do not do their work good enough, and that is when I get sick.

Gambee, thank you so much for all the time you have put into this. I have enjoyed your pictures and reviews!!! I am going in a month from Sunday with my seven year old and can not wait to show her all your pictures!!!! I am bummed because I have a balcony on the floor 13!!!! Boo :(

Thank you. I hope you have a cruise with your daughter. There is nothing wrong with a balcony on 13, much better than an inside. On our Carnival cruise in two month we have an inside room.

Can you use a credit card at the beach for chair rentals, etc? We rarely carry cash, but if we have to, we will.

I don't know, but I would not do it. Considering that they give refunds and such, I would not trust them with that.

Uh, Gambee... that may be my fault. Chris was supposed to join us on our Alaskan cruise last week but he jumped ship to the Silhouette a month prior. Now that I put such a guilt trip on him; he's trying to make it up by taking the same cruise next year and doing a LIVE review. :p

I'm waiting on an email from Chris with questions he may have so I can give him an un-official review via email. I will gladly copy you on the same email and then you can make a decision on the Alaskan cruise. Quickly, I can say the cruise was amazing! There were so many breathtaking sceneries my Canon PowerShot A1000 IS camera wasn't up to par... I plan on buying a Sony NEX-5 for our TA on the Silhouette next year.

Speaking of email... I need to check it to see if Chris sent his questions over.

Thank you for the Email.

I am still unsure of what to do, there are so many options for 2014 and I can't settle just yet. I will give it more thought before making decision, I think I also want to try Epic.

You should totally an NEX system, but I highly recommend you get the NEX 6 instead of the 5. It is just a much more refined camera and you get the integrated flash.

Gambee, you can go on Port Fever and see the archives of your time in Bermuda from the port webcam! Unfortunately not too many close up views until sailaway. Maybe you can spot yourself!

For sailaway I was sitting down on a restaurant, so I don't think that the camera got me. We did however get some pictures of my mom on our balcony :).

Gambee, I'm still catching up on your review since returning from our Alaskan cruise this past weekend. I saw your comment on page 30 and I have to respond...

I had the Premium Drink Package and figured out I needed 5 drinks a day to come out ahead with the purchase. Needless to say; that was easily accomplished. One thing I must say about the drink package is I was able to try a variety of drinks I would not usually pay for AND the Banana Split Martini was one of them. Typically, I am not fond of sweet or 'foofoo' drinks but this one was pretty good - strong too! I only had one though...

Funny thing happened while my wife and I were sitting at the Martini Bar. A Cruise Critic member came up to my wife and said; "You're husband is a legend at all of the bars onboard! All of the bartenders know him!" My wife's response was... "Figures". This was only day 3 of the cruise! LOL :D

I usually hate sweet drinks, but that banana split was just great. I am glad that the drink package worked for you, but I don't see myself buying it any time soon. I usually travel on a budget and I like to find ways to save on booze.

Sounds like you had a fun time in Alaska, I think when we do Alaska it will be on a X ship. Mainly because I think the covered solarium would be just great with that colder climate.

Gambee, this is my first time reading one of your reviews. Simply amazing!

Makes me wish this was available before our turn on the Breakway on May 26th

Subscribing!!:D:D:D

Glad you found my review :)

Gambee, am loving your review as usual. Question about your stateroom bar set up- what exactly did you use for mixers? Were you satisfied with the variety of sodas/juices, etc. available onboard?

Brentngigi

Well they gave me a bunch of stuff that I don't use, diet pepsi, tonic and something else. I asked for cran juice and they brought me a bunch. Plus I had redbull with me. I think you can request better mixers, but I did not.

Well Gambee' date=' I gotta admit, this is the first review that has actually made me consider a specific cruise that I originally wasn't even thinking about. You're quite persuasive. :D[/quote']

Glad you like the review, it is quiet possible that you will like the trip as well.

Gambee my friend I was thinking, we should start a poll and title it which of Gambee's reviews do you like the best. They're all wonderful but I think it would be neat to see the vote tally. Just a thought... :)

Cool Idea, but the problem is where to start it. And I am sure in the line that you start the poll, that review would win automatically. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the fantastic review.....love love love the puffer fish!

I have sailed on Carnival, RC and just finished a Holland to Alaska but now I want to try NCL.

You're very welcome, he was so cute :o

I have always been curious about Holland, I might consider then for Alaska. I believe they also have a covered solarium.

I am FINALLY caught up!!! This has been such a wonderful review to read in preperation for my Sept. sailing to Bermuda on the Breakaway! Thank you for doing this for all of us on CC; it is thoroughly enjoyable! :D

My fiance was at first a little hesitant about a Bermuda sailing but I finally talked him into it and your review proves how wonderful this trip will be.

We don't plan on eating at a lot of pay restaurants on the ship [we are somewhat late eaters...around 8pm-ish...so I hope the MDR works out okay for us] but one I insist on trying is Moderno. Did you go there? If so, I will anxiously await that portion of your review. If not, is there a particular reason or were you just overbooked with other options?

You're so very welcome.

We never made it to Moderno, possibly on our next cruise. Why? well I am not a meat lover, I mean I love meat but in reasonable amounts. But everyone who went there said they loved it, I am sure you will as well.

I hope you have a great cruise!

Pics and review continue to be exceptional! Maybe the last page could be a picture of gambee and mother:)

lol, oh the possibilities. Shaun made me realise that maybe you folks like the mystery of who is Gambee, rather than seeing the pictures of me. I might just have to remove them ;)

Gambee, have to sneak in and thank you sincerely for posting this amazing review. We sail on the Breakaway this Sunday and it is now all about packing and lists and nerves and excitement. To take a break from the hubbub to relax and enjoy your photos is a welcome diversion....so.... thank you!

I hope you have a great cruise! I am glad that the review helped you some, have a martini for me :)

Oh wow I just found this........love Gambee's reviews! Now I have to go back and read from the beginning.....

:D

Dee

Hello Dee, glad you found me. Enjoy the Review.

This has happened at least 3 times! :D no worries! It always makes me laugh!:cool:

What can I say, it happens :D. lol

Hi Gambee,

Long-time lurker, first time posting directly to you. Loving your review. Just a tip. If you would like more colorful underwater photos you either need a bigger, brighter flash. (Think DSLR with a flash around the camera lens). Or an external light source (e.g. a bright flashlight). I learned this on a glass bottom boat once. That is how shows like the ones on Discovery get the beautiful colors of the reef and fish. Hope this helps. (Camera experts feel free to correct me I am wrong, I am by no means an expert photographer).

Hmmmm, funny you mentioned that. I just bought a new underwater camera, and it offers one mode for the underwater pictures that has the flash firing in every shot. Thank you for the info, I will try this possibly this weekend. Although not sure, maybe next weekend.

But in any case my old underwater camera lacked colors, that is exactly why I exchanged her. Much happier with my new one.

Want those shoes! Where did your mother get them.....on the ship? I, also, want white! Do you know the brand, maybe I can pre-order them or look for them online? Thanks!

She bought the at the Saw Grass mall, I am sure you can get them online. I think she said they are crocs.