!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Hi. thank you for posting this about the UBP. I am getting the package next month.

Are you saying that the martinis were included. You are the first person that has said

they were able to get martinis.

The Banana Split martini sounds yummy!

Yes... the martinis are included with the Premium Beverage Package; not the Standard package (I think). I spent 85% of my drinking time at the Martini Bar then the rest of the time was at the various bars, such as Sunset Bar, Oceanview Bar, Passport Bar, Mast Grill Bar, Pool Bar and Molecular Bar. I think I hit everyone except the Ensemble Lounge and Michael's Club. This was on Celebrity Solstice last week during our Alaskan cruise - sorry for any confusion.

When I first heard about the Banana Split Martini; someone called it a 'BS' Martini and at first, I was afraid to ask what the real name was. :D As you know... I tried it anyways. LOL

Sorry to hijack your thread, Gambee. I had to answer a question about alcohol... now back to the review!

Edited by TsdSrl

Day 6, Bermuda.

We woke up around 8am, and got ready to go to our sailing excursion. I was really pumped about this excursion because I absolutely love sailing boats. The problem is that my last experience in one was really bad, and I got very sick. That is why this time I decided to just take all the medicines instead of taking the risk of getting sick. May I add that it took me 6 years to get back into a sailing boat after the Key West disaster.

We then headed to the buffet and ate a light breakfast. Funny enough I think this is the one meal that I forgot to take a picture off, either that or the camera deleted the pictures (no worries, right now she on her way to Sony to get that fixed).

Our meeting time was 9:15, so we went there, but we were the only people there.

The weather was rather bad...

DSC08854_zps86e2428d.jpg

And we waited.

DSC08857_zps5e185936.jpg

It was really odd because we were the only ones there, no one else was there. I started thinking that maybe it was a big group, and they all had cancelled...

Then we saw the cat coming our way, and oh boy was I getting excited.

DSC08859_zps20c4a425.jpg

DSC08862_zps24f9b58b.jpg

Just before the cat pulled in, we saw this huge group coming our way. Little did we know that everyone in our sailing had booked directly through NLC and paid more. The meeting place of NCL is a different one if you purchase it separately. But no worries they will tell you were to meet when you buy your passes.

We were really happy because our sailing was not booked full, so everyone had a nice place to sit and relax.

DSC08862_zps24f9b58b.jpg

We all boarded and left immediately. The cat was in great condition, and the staff was super friendly. Gambee wasted no time in making friends with the two ladies next to us. The husband of one of the ladies was not feeling good, and he missed the excursion. But both of them were super nice, both from Miami.

DSC08869_zpsfe8e71bb.jpg

Everyone ready to go. By the way this is the same cat that does the sunset sail.

DSC08870_zps17f8d9a6.jpg

The cat motors to the snorkeling spot and then sails back.

DSC08872_zps2afbdf07.jpg

DSC08873_zpsda9565a2.jpg

It was a tad chilly that morning.

DSC08877_zpse8cc4625.jpg

I can see my room!

DSC08878_zpsc042776b.jpg

Edited by gambee

DSC08892_zps21e3de0a.jpg

Our tour guide was absolutely fantastic!!! Loved Her! She was so friendly =)

DSC08895_zps72e14b69.jpg

DSC08897_zps6cb0ef83.jpg

See the stingray on the top right corner? She actually jumped in front of the sail boat. Our guide said that was actually really rare. I was happy to get a picture of her.

DSC08899_zps19722491.jpg

In the mean time our tour guide was telling us all those stories that I have already shared with you about Bermuda.

DSC08909_zpsd99d5dd8.jpg

Everyone relaxing, life is good, right? Well at least when we are on vacations, lol.

DSC08912_zps38d10ff5.jpg

Here, we are getting close to our snorkeling spot. I had no idea that we would be close to the land, I though it would be like my Key West tour was they take out to the open ocean. This is actually really good because the cat is very still once they stop for everyone to snorkel.

DSC08916_zps5dc8c304.jpg

DSC08917_zpsb6a57356.jpg

Those long tails are so captivating!

DSC08918_zps858b0155.jpg

All the beaches in Bermuda are public, but you cannot cross through any private properties to get to them. I guess if you can find a way to get there, then you can enjoy it. Just make sure you don't trespass any private properties =).

DSC08919_zps4f4209e9.jpg

DSC08920_zps23014b16.jpg

DSC08921_zps02deb81f.jpg

I've been wondering about tours as well. We sail

Sept 1st. Perhaps more info as I read on.

I usually don't do tours, I like to do things on my own and save money. But sailing tours have to be done like this. I like doing my research and getting the best price possible, and we did that with this tour :).

Gambee,

1127 posts and most of them yours! This has to be a labor of love for you. You are certainly blessed with a great trait: attention to detail. We will be on the Breakaway (after 3 times on Epic) in the Haven area with family for Thanksgiving. I know it will be similar to the Epic and appreciate your take on the great cruise to Bermuda.

I have one little comment regarding your encounter with Peter Max. I totally agree that he should have been friendlier and much more polite. However, I think celebrities should be given a little consideration regarding their right to privacy when they are not engaged in a public appearance at an event or function. I'll bet if he knew about your large fan following, he would have been a lot nicer!

Again, lovely review and great photos. Thank you for sharing because I know you have dedicated a ton of time to this review!

Here is a little video of our snorkeling spot for the day.

Once we stopped and they tied the boat, I told my mom to go touch the water. I was sure that there was no way that she would go in the water, but she at least had to make that call herself. The water was indeed very cold, maybe even colder than the day before. But I really did not care, I built some courage and dove in.

That's me there.

DSC08948_zpsb2290fb5.jpg

They give you a little noodle.

DSC08950_zps6b906fe7.jpg

I had fun floating around, before going snorkeling.

DSC08953_zps20035af1.jpg

It was so nice...

DSC08955_zpsf1ffa0cc.jpg

Once you adjust to water temperature you're all good :)

So, some of you might be asking, How the hell is Gambee out there with his fears of sharks??? Note that I was all alone, I was the first one out there.

Well let me tell you a little secret. Our tour guide told us that there has only been one reported attack by sharks in Bermuda. There is such a long reef in Bermuda that most sharks stay away from the island itself and hunt out for bigger fish like tuna and such.

Now, I am not sure if this is true, but hearing it from not only her, but someone else gave me the courage to just go out on my own. Plus she said she would keep an eye on all of us.

I am not sure how this will play out in Grand Turk, since they take us to a drop off. I am sure I will be close to a heart attack there, but I guess time will tell =/

Gambee,

1127 posts and most of them yours! This has to be a labor of love for you. You are certainly blessed with a great trait: attention to detail. We will be on the Breakaway (after 3 times on Epic) in the Haven area with family for Thanksgiving. I know it will be similar to the Epic and appreciate your take on the great cruise to Bermuda.

I have one little comment regarding your encounter with Peter Max. I totally agree that he should have been friendlier and much more polite. However, I think celebrities should be given a little consideration regarding their right to privacy when they are not engaged in a public appearance at an event or function. I'll bet if he knew about your large fan following, he would have been a lot nicer!

Again, lovely review and great photos. Thank you for sharing because I know you have dedicated a ton of time to this review!

Thank you for your kind comment =). It is definitely a lot of work and dedication.

About Max. I understand about his right to privacy, but this was really a special occasion. I mean really, you decorated the hull of the ship that you're sailing in. It was just his overall attitude, trust me it was just wrong. His buddy was just as rude as well. There are ways of expressing yourself without coming out rude.

In addition to that I heard that he was mean in the autograph signing event, he only turned nice when FOX interviewed him.

People should not be nice because they know they are going to be exposed. It just happened that he was rude and arrogant to the wrong person, unfortunately for him now a lot of people will see him in a mean way.

I am not here to represent him in a bad way, all I am saying is what happened to me when I saw him. This was the very first time I see a celebrity in person, and it was not the encounter that I wanted. That is precisely why I have avoided contacting some people in the past. I just rather avoid bad moments, and this somewhat proves that I should keep doing the same...

Edited by gambee

Snorkeling was just slightly better than the day before, but still a lot of fun. I cannot believe how much fun I had in this excursion. I think Cat sailings are now in my top 3 for shore excursions.

DSC01641_zps671e8ce8.jpg

DSC01654_zps10cf1b51.jpg

DSC01656_zpsb0e5b41d.jpg

DSC01675_zps75db6269.jpg

DSC01676_zps62f865e7.jpg

DSC01681_zpsb0142123.jpg

I was getting hungry looking at all those fish, lol. Just kidding... Or am I....

DSC01685_zpsb84ca107.jpg

DSC01692_zps8e64a2d2.jpg

DSC01695_zps6ac057f2.jpg

DSC01703_zpscf86a08f.jpg

Cute little fish

DSC01705_zpsc7730010.jpg

Not sure what kind of fish he was, but he was really cute.

DSC01712_zps4b088493.jpg

I am not sure how this will play out in Grand Turk, since they take us to a drop off. I am sure I will be close to a heart attack there, but I guess time will tell =/

Gambee you're mixing excursions up. The one we decided on is the catamaran that goes to one site, which is the 15-20 feet water. It sails along the wall for viewing, but doesn't stop there. A more expensive one goes to two sites, including the drop off but isn't a cat. No worries!!! :)

Oh my goodness Gambee! I was watching the Port of Bermuda webcam on my phone while in Economics class while you were on the ship :rolleyes: shhhh don't tell! :p And I saw a cat go across the screen and I was like I wonder if Gambee is on that?! So I took a screenshot and the quality is terrible but I thought I'd share! :D

35i4x8l.jpg

Edited by swim13

Gambee,

Slight disagreement from me. In this case Marx is not a 'celebrity' enjoying a private vacation, he is on a ship in which he is one of the faces of the company. Even if he was not at a specific meet and greet or presentation he is tied to NCL. If he wanted a private vacation he had other options. And it shouldn't matter who the guest/client is...just because someone may have more exposure (or money in some cases) does not mean they should be treated differently. Not trying to start an argument or get off topic but couldn't resist adding my $.02.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Gambee you're mixing excursions up. The one we decided on is the catamaran that goes to one site, which is the 15-20 feet water. It sails along the wall for viewing, but doesn't stop there. A more expensive one goes to two sites, including the drop off but isn't a cat. No worries!!! :)

oh my my my, Sarah we gotta talk later on, lol

Oh my goodness Gambee! I was watching the Port of Bermuda webcam on my phone while in Economics class while you were on the ship :rolleyes: shhhh don't tell! :p And I saw a cat go across the screen and I was like I wonder if Gambee is on that?! So I took a screenshot and the quality is terrible but I thought I'd share! :D

Lol, I was there, how cool is that?!?!

DSC01754_zps5d9ca263.jpg

Here is a short video of snorkeling that day.

After sometime in the water I decided to get out and warm up a little on the cat. We were very lucky that the sun had come out, and it was warming up. About half of the group was still in the water, and the other half was just sunbathing in the cat. One kid decided to swim all the way to the beach and he was playing with the sand there. I think only my mom and two other guys did not get in the water.

Once outside I took a few pictures.

DSC08958_zps55feedf9.jpg

I am not sure why, but I have grown passionate with sail boats. In our upcoming carnival cruise we have two sailing excursions planned. One for St. Thomas and the other one in Grand Turk. If it was my call, all the ports of call would have a sailing excursions :D.

DSC08959_zpsbcaeb3c5.jpg

Ok folks, I am singing out. I am completely exhausted. I know I am really late on answering questions, but I will get to it, I promise.

Tomorrow I also work another long day, but I will catch up on Friday =).

I am FINALLY caught up!!! This has been such a wonderful review to read in preperation for my Sept. sailing to Bermuda on the Breakaway! Thank you for doing this for all of us on CC; it is thoroughly enjoyable! :D

My fiance was at first a little hesitant about a Bermuda sailing but I finally talked him into it and your review proves how wonderful this trip will be.

We don't plan on eating at a lot of pay restaurants on the ship [we are somewhat late eaters...around 8pm-ish...so I hope the MDR works out okay for us] but one I insist on trying is Moderno. Did you go there? If so, I will anxiously await that portion of your review. If not, is there a particular reason or were you just overbooked with other options?