!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC08729_zps8bcf022c.jpg

$233

DSC08732_zps96271025.jpg

Since I had read about ginger beer, I decided to go get one. Little did I know that this was not a real beer :D, lol. So yeah I did not get it, I guess it is just like a root beer. Not sure.

DSC08733_zpsecbe9d6a.jpg

Entrance to the mall

DSC08734_zpsb23d9f15.jpg

DSC08735_zpse8a5a518.jpg

DSC08737_zps47df3f33.jpg

These were really cute.

DSC08738_zpse73824f5.jpg

DSC08739_zpsb40fc079.jpg

DSC08740_zpsd5e11141.jpg

This store sold candies, but all the candies where out of their factory bags, odd. They must buy by the bulk and repack them, sorta when you buy by weight. Either way not very inviting.

DSC08743_zpsc8e4fa7c.jpg

DSC08744_zpsada65197.jpg

I love the long tail.

DSC08745_zpsf2b835b6.jpg

DSC08746_zps81f089bd.jpg

Mom bought a few items in one of those stores. There was one that had some really good prices. I failed to take pictures of what she got, actually I forgot what it was :eek:.

Since it was getting late, and I had eaten a very light lunch since I did not like my lunch. We decided to go eat something aboard the ship.

DSC08751_zps21d7f890.jpg

DSC08756_zpsdcdb69fd.jpg

Since I was tired and I had no desire in waiting for food in the MDR, we decided to hit the buffet instead. They offer some choices for dinner, but overall just average. It can definitely be improved, but adding a few more things.

DSC08759_zps30cc11c2.jpg

They only open one side of the buffet.

DSC08760_zpseb797a74.jpg

But you can sit anywhere you want.

DSC08761_zpsc290d3ac.jpg

DSC08768_zps740dc586.jpg

DSC08769_zpsc0eae5b8.jpg

DSC08770_zps8a4c44c7.jpg

DSC08772_zpscbb36e61.jpg

DSC08773_zpse8e4cbc2.jpg

Then I decided to try the wine machine, I ordered a white Zin for my mom. I pressed the middle option that says half a glass. This is how much the machine gave me. I think it was $3.15.

DSC08775_zps67f9b804.jpg

Also be careful, I was charged twice for that wine. We had to go get a refund, well mom went. I had vowed not to go to customer service again and was sticking to it. She said that it was fairly easy to get the refund.

One more thing to add was that the next lady to us was talking to another table, and she said that she could not wait to get home and get off the ship. From what I gathered, her main issue with the ship was the MDR waits and service. Other than that it just seems to be very minor issues, that are certainly not a reason be wanting to get off a ship. Some people just find a way to complain about everything and ruin their experience in the way.

We then went to the room, and I grabbed my tripod to take some pictures at night since it was going to be our last night in Bermuda. The idea was to go and see the John Lennon concert, but we never made it there. We instead decided to sit and relax by the internet area. It is actually a really nice area to sit and relax, I really enjoyed it there. Plus a lot of the crew of the ship goes there and they play their music, very enjoyable.

The lighting is so smooth in these 2 pics.

DSC08776_zpsd0ffd9ae.jpg

DSC08778_zps428984b8.jpg

See the rooster? They sleep there at night.

DSC08781_zps74fd2aad.jpg

DSC08786_zps5ffeaa65.jpg

DSC08790_zpsc9634fff.jpg

DSC08795_zps1fa0d997.jpg

People getting of from the sunset sail.

DSC08831_zps5c19a90c.jpg

DSC08835_zps0dabe3f2.jpg

DSC08841_zpsaccc4190.jpg

DSC08842_zps16e67fbd.jpg

I failed to take notes that night, and I don't much more pictures, my guess is that we called it a night after the internet time.

When we got to the room we had a new little friend

DSC08851_zps59ca7624.jpg

Overall another great day in Bermuda, I really enjoyed snorkeling and taking pictures of horseshoe bay. Mom was really happy with that she bought in the mall, I think she got two small plates of Bermuda and a Christmas tree ornament.

Sorry about the lack of info on this day, I failed to take notes and I really did not have that many pictures either.

Day 5, Ending.

Day 6 has a lot of info and fun stuff :).

G-man, I can't really pay you any higher compliment than to say that when I saw the heading "Day 5, Bermuda" at the top of your post, I got a little sad, like I do when I wake up and realize I only have a couple more days left on one of my own vacations. Great work.

G-man, I can't really pay you any higher compliment than to say that when I saw the heading "Day 5, Bermuda" at the top of your post, I got a little sad, like I do when I wake up and realize I only have a couple more days left on one of my own vacations. Great work.

Thank you kindly :o

Back down I took a few pictures of the actual prices of the transportation system.

DSC08700_zps7827496f.jpg

DSC08701_zps9365bb22.jpg

Thanks again for posting all these photos with tons of info I am looking for! One quick question - Do the buses also accept tokens? Or tokens are for ferries only? :confused:

Thanks again for posting all these photos with tons of info I am looking for! One quick question - Do the buses also accept tokens? Or tokens are for ferries only? :confused:

I remember seeing a box in the buss with something inside, I want to say that they were tokens inside the box. But to be honest I am not sure.

Oh my Gambee... Look at its angry face! Is it the same guy trying to attack you earlier? :rolleyes:

lol, no this one was a different guy. The other one was the one in the tinny hole in the rack wall. But I think they all like to attack, they are most likely just defending their home :).

OMG Gambee, those pictures of Horseshoe Bay are INCREDIBLE! :eek::D I want to be there right now!! Seriously though, some of the best pictures of the ocean/beach I've seen in a long time.

So sad we are already ending Day 5, nooooo!

You're very welcome =)

We have not done Disney yet, but it is in our bucket list =)

Well SliceOfLife reported that she saw plenty of large groups in the MDR, my guess is that at this point is just as difficult as getting a table for two. While honestly I saw few tables that could hold 14 people, I am sure that they do offer the option. Sorry that I can not be of more help, but I only ate in MDR for breakfast and lunch.

When we were on the Gem we were a group of 22. We were able to make reservations in the MDR but it had yo be prior to six. They combined tables so our group could be together. This was on a new year's eve cruise and there were numerous large groups inboard.

Be careful not to fall from there. Scary just to look down.

Was wondering how many folks slip or fall while climbing the rocks. Perhaps some of the "road rash" victims are not scooter related?

I've been thinking about renting a scooter to get around as I can't walk for long periods of time. Rode Harley's until a recent surgery. Laughed thinking that I might get in a wreck while in Bermuda. :eek: Then again, a little common sense goes a long way.

Was wondering how many folks slip or fall while climbing the rocks. Perhaps some of the "road rash" victims are not scooter related?

quote]

I have been to that beach and climbed that rock cliff. I always marvelled how something like that would never exist in the US. No handrail, no fencing near the edges, no handicap accessabilty...no trial lawyer at the bottom ;). Seriously...if you ever fell off that thing, you'd need a hospital or morgue! Be very careful when climbing.

I've been thinking about renting a scooter to get around as I can't walk for long periods of time. Rode Harley's until a recent surgery. Laughed thinking that I might get in a wreck while in Bermuda. :eek: Then again, a little common sense goes a long way.

I have been to that beach and climbed that rock cliff. I always marvelled how something like that would never exist in the US. No handrail, no fencing near the edges, no handicap accessability...no trial lawyer at the bottom ;). Seriously...if you ever fell off that thing, you'd need a hospital or morgue! Be very careful when climbing.

progress.gif

Edited by rkgdmd