!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Love your review and love all your pics, too. But, really... you have your Nex on Shoot Mode = P, color = Vivid and JPEG. Do you adjust anything? Is this setting for all your lenses and for day and night shooting? Very interested on what all your settings are for your Nex. I also have an Nex but my pictures does not even come close to your pictures. love the macro pics.

Thanks,

Tita (rccruiser11)

That is pretty much the setting that I keep for all the pictures and lens. I might adjust the ISO and aperture for night pictures, but very few times. I do a little photoshop, but again minimal work. The camera does most of the work.

Try working under different lighting situations to see if you can get the most of the camera.

Gambee, would you say the buses were less crowded than the ferry?

About the same, the thing is that the ferry can take much more people than a bus. But the buses were always about 75% full or more. The ferry was about the same. Also note that ferries come less frequent than buses, that is why you saw the long line. But honestly I rather travel in ferry than bus.

Gambee: May I please ask you if the pictures that you took of Spice and Vibe were on the same day? If so, I think it would be very much worth it to purchase the pass for Vibe since it looks much less crowded then the free Adult Only area. This is something that stood out to me and I am very interested in. Also, I am sailing in July so I'm sure the ship will be even more crowded.

Can I also please ask you if you can book Wasabi or is it a place you can just go to for lunch and dinner as a walk up.

Thank you very much.

All the pictures I post are taken in the day I post them, I work my pictures by days. So basically I don't even know what I have until I go to write about that day. I have to agree, vibe looked very uncrowded, and that is why I say that it might totally be worth it for some.

I don't think you can book it, they don't even have a host stand. I just sat there when I ate there. And like I said, I don't think I would pre-book restaurants about NCL ships again. I much rather play the freestyle game :)

It was odd the way they gave out numbers, we got 28 and were some of the first there? first cruise so not sure ow it works. there were plenty of seats when we arrived, but filled up quickly! (we are about 5 rows back in this photo, although kinda hidden lol)

That is very odd, funny that we got there later and I got number 6. No clue :confused:

So excited for Bermuda and x summitt. Gambee you rock!!!

Thank you :), have a great cruise!

Fantastic review and pics. Thank you for taking the time to write it. Bermuda is our favorite island. Can't wait to be back there in August.

You're very welcome, glad you're enjoying :)

About the same, the thing is that the ferry can take much more people than a bus. But the buses were always about 75% full or more. The ferry was about the same. Also note that ferries come less frequent than buses, that is why you saw the long line. But honestly I rather travel in ferry than bus.

Is point a to point b faster by bus or ferry?

Tom

It is very funny, but I think those two things are the ones I miss the most when I was on Breakaway. It is a different concept of a ****, NCL does things their own way.

" **** "

Self-censored or automatic?

Tom

LOL. We have been up there a few times. Our son had a classmate (and soccer mate) who lived up there with his large family. Very nice house!!

Funny, ask them if they are selling :D :p. It did look like a gorgeous house.

a pictoral request.Gambee do you happen to have taken a picture of the humidor cigar lounge.Thanks in advance

Oh my my my, I did not get a picture of it :(. Sorry.

I just went back and looked at where it was located, and I just realized that I never visited that location. I walked by it, but never went inside.

Thank you for this fantabulous review, Gambee! I'm finally caught up with all 48 pages after a few days of chipping away. Really looking forward to more pics. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable info. We sail in September, and I've saved each Freestyle Daily you've posted. Thanks again!

You're very welcome. I hope you have a great cruise!

Can someone please tell me what these are for? Thank you.

DSC07372_zpsf382aa03.jpg

Hi Gambee,

These of course are Depth Charges in case of German U-Boat Attacks.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Love the interior of the ship. The contemporary style is my favorite. Wonderful pictures!

Thank you, she is indeed a gorgeous ship.

Awesome as always Gambee. I've been working hard to get my Dream review done and someone pointed me in your direction late last night and I am officially caught up. I can't wait to read the rest....book marking this for future reference when we finally make it to Bermuda and do Kev proud. :)

I been reading your Dream review, very nice job. Thank you for stopping by and reading this review. I know how busy you must be right now. I highly recommend Bermuda, I think it is now our favorite island getaway.

Good morning my friend! Looking forward to more of your fantastic pictures. Bermuda is definitely on my list now for future travels. I was thinking even possibly of great a LIVE review: Breakaway versus Quantum, back to back to Bermuda :D

Definitely a possibility....

That might be a great cruise vacation, I could only imagine the possibilities, oh my.

Hi Gambee,

These of course are Depth Charges in case of German U-Boat Attacks.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

LOl, you are not first who said that, and I still find it funny :D.

Ok folks all caught up, now I am going to start working on Day 5 and post once I have a good set to share.

I also want to see "After Earth" at some point today, even though it only got a 12% on rotten tomatoes :(

HI all!

Gambee ~ still following along & enjoying the ride! :DHave also been reading Kim's review on Dream which I really enjoyed too. Carnival is great no matter what others say, at least Dream! I'm thinking Breeze will be in my future.

BTW when I bought my $15 for 72 hour internet pass in the Dockyard the lady told me that the X ship would pick up the wifi but there was no router

towards Breakaway yet. Hopefully that will be corrected soon as the speed was good in the Dockyard & on the ferry to Hamilton.

Looking forward to your choice & comparison to Allure!

~ Jo ~ :)

HI all!

Gambee ~ still following along & enjoying the ride! :DHave also been reading Kim's review on Dream which I really enjoyed too. Carnival is great no matter what others say, at least Dream! I'm thinking Breeze will be in my future.

BTW when I bought my $15 for 72 hour internet pass in the Dockyard the lady told me that the X ship would pick up the wifi but there was no router

towards Breakaway yet. Hopefully that will be corrected soon as the speed was good in the Dockyard & on the ferry to Hamilton.

Looking forward to your choice & comparison to Allure!

~ Jo ~ :)

Thank Jo, that is exactly what my mom said. Hopefully they expand soon for Breakaway.

Day 5, Bermuda.

I guess I can start this day by writing about my overall opinion of Bermuda. What can I say about Bermuda other than it is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ISLAND YET! Everything about Bermuda is great, the locals are super polite. You will never (or at least that was our case) experience pushy sales people anywhere in the island. Even the children are extremely polite, it is almost like they taught in the school to treat the tourist with the upmost respect to increase tourism.

The island itself is kept immaculate! I could not believe how clean it was, actually it was cleaner than Ft. Lauderdale! So are the beaches and parks, everything is just extremely clean. Also the way the houses are painted helps the island reflect a very inviting feeling for tourists. This island is like the complete opposite of Jamaica!

The ocean! Oh my that ocean… It is just about the most beautiful blue ocean my eyes have ever seen. Snorkeling was just ok, and the water was freezing (must get better in summer), but overall it was just stunning! I remember a local telling that one time a tourist asked her for 3 empty bottles so she could take home samples of the different colors of the ocean for her son who could not make the trip. That made me cracked up, so funny :D, lol. But I guess the reason for the story is that the colors variate with depth so dramatically that it just makes for some stunning views for miles away.

There is just so much to do in Bermuda, 3 days are not enough. Now I can see why people go to Bermuda year after year and never get bored of it. I think I could go there 3 more times, before I say I had enough and like to try something else.

Like all the Caribbean it tends to be expensive, actually I think Bermuda is the most expensive port I've been to. But then again with just getting off Breakaway that nickels and dimes you for everything, Bermuda was not as bad of a hit :D.

I don't think I would ever fly to Bermuda, but I do have to say that I have Quantum on my sight for 2015 to go to Bermuda.

One more thing to talk about was my hesitation to be docked for 3 days instead of being on the move every night. I must admit that this one huge factor when it came time to book Breakaway, I really hated the idea of being docked. But let me tell you something, I like it. Not for every cruise, but every once in a while it is very nice to have the ship just work like a hotel. You can come and go as you please, at any time of the day or night. It felt very nice to get off the ship to go use the internet and stretch our legs. It was also very nice to be able to take pictures of the ship at night.

On a final note for those who are hesitant of doing the Bermuda itinerary, all I can say is try it. You might just be very surprised at how much you will like it, or at least that was our case. We can't wait for the next time that we are able to go to Bermuda.

Ok, enough about that, let get this party started.

Just a side note for those light sleepers like me, the light on the thermostat is extremely bright. But the problem is that the light hits the mirror and reflects directly to the bed closest to the hallway. I am not sure if it is the same issue for both beds, but it was certainly for my bed. A little annoying, that night I actually woke up and had to put a shirt over it so I could sleep better.

I took a picture of it so I would remember. (it's the blue light, the red one is not as bright)

DSC08393_zpsba1824e7.jpg

So anyway, I guess we woke up took a shower, got ready and headed upstairs. By the way bring your own shampoo, we forgot ours and the one they offer is pretty weak.

DSC08394_zpsa491edc6.jpg

Here is self serve wine machine in the garden Cafe.

DSC08395_zps4e7bf492.jpg

We ate a really nice breakfast that day, again, the food was very tasty. No problems there.

Mine.

DSC08396_zpsf852d8ef.jpg

MIne.

DSC08397_zpsfc71a908.jpg

Mom's .

DSC08398_zpsab6744a4.jpg

DSC08399_zpsff62330e.jpg

They had staff drill going on and they pretty much shut down the entire ship for 30 minutes or so. We were not required to go, it was only for the staff.

I took a few pictures on the top decks while the drill was going on.

Miniatures.

DSC08400_zps1250d142.jpg

DSC08401_zps994e4fd9.jpg

DSC08402_zpsd6005600.jpg

Notice how ropes around the palm trees? My guess is that they had an accident there, they must be looking for a permanent way of cutting access there.

DSC08404_zpsb89cd2dc.jpg

DSC08405_zps21e4f40f.jpg

There is only one towel area. And honestly I suggest to refrain from using their towels. I mean $25 if you loose them… I love X in that way that they don't check on their towels. Honestly I will never take them home, but misplacing them is fairly easy. Trust me this comes from experience.

DSC08427_zps81375e78.jpg

The pool was already getting some action.

DSC08429_zps3ce30d6d.jpg

Love Meyer!

DSC08430_zpsd9f73a94.jpg

Soon enough the elevators opened and we headed downstairs. While on the elevator we met and 80 year old lady that looked better than me :D. For real, whatever she is doing is what we should all be doing. Funny enough she said that was like her 60th cruise, so maybe cruising is what is making her look so young :D.

We decided to check our E-lifes for a little while before heading out into Bermuda.

I took a few pictures.

The yet-ski tour was leaving.

DSC08432_zps900fedee.jpg

DSC08433_zps8397cfc6.jpg

A few of the tours they offer.

DSC08434_zps45e4dd80.jpg

DSC08435_zpse2958c82.jpg

DSC08436_zps444b746a.jpg

DSC08437_zpsbc807800.jpg

DSC08438_zpsf81269bf.jpg

Cute little scooter.

DSC08440_zpsfd73215a.jpg

Boner bar.

DSC08441_zps612a0292.jpg

DSC08442_zps26be44ac.jpg

Mom loved those phone booths.

DSC08444_zps47a509f7.jpg

These guys were going really fast and they lost some of the load in the car after going over a speed bump. A few people yelled curse words at them for being reckless.

DSC08448_zps683e0665.jpg