!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Gambee,

Thank You so much for wonderful, detailed travelogue and review of the NCL Breakaway. Your pictures are stunning, your review detailed, I have thoroughly enjoyed following it the last few weeks.

Jonathan

You're very welcome :)

Thanks again for another wonderful review, Gambee!:) Now go and enjoy some well-deserved rest.

We sail on Breeze in July and I can't wait. Maybe I won't take any pictures but will just wait for your review in August.:D:cool::eek: Just kidding.

Heather

Thank you for being here Heather :)

It is always a pleasure to have you following my reviews.

Gambee - I'm exhausted just reading all of this, I can't imagine how you feel after writing, editing photos and posting.

From a Breakaway addict....THANK YOU.

We're sailing on the first sailing to the Bahamas and I'm actually sorry we're not going to Bermuda, especially after your amazing photos of the island. We're sailing with my brother and SIL who sailed Allure so it'll be interesting to hear their view. While they've cruised, they're not "cruisers" in that they basically do no research, show up, have fun and go home. So their comparison may not be fair!

Thank you so much for the amazing review and information. Just amazing.

thank you fro following along.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise, I am sure you will enjoy the cruise a lot, since the ship is the destination!

I am a lurker, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this review. I really felt like I was there with you.

I have started planning my own cruise even though I am 5 months away.

I have totally hi-jacked your exel spreadsheet. my husband thinks I'm crazy.

Thank you for your time and effort. The pictures were wonderful. You are amazing.

Glad to know the spreadsheet is getting some good use, although I will be honest and say that is most likely the last time I use one. I always end up doing different stuff, so I think I have completely given up on the spread sheet.

Have a great cruise, and thank you for following me.

Hey Gambee quick question for you. Do you think the poor customer service you received is the only reason the ship came in second for you? Or do you think the allure still would have edged out the breakaway?

No, I still think the Allure has the edge Over the Breakaway. The Allure holds a tittle that is very difficult to compete against. The fact that Breakaway got so close, should say a lot about that ship.

But overall the Allure is simply the Allure.

Another great review and I'm already looking forward to your Breeze review! You deserve some much needed rest. Happy sailing....

Thank you :)

WHEW -- finally caught up (AGAIN)! :D

Thanks for taking us all along on your Breakaway/Bermuda journey. It's been a pleasure!

Same paper we've seen on EVERY cruise! (why we take our own... ;))

You can't enjoy the slides if you have a BROKEN HEART? :eek:

Tom

\\

I saw that, lol :D. Nice catch! I guess you can't go if them if you're recently separated :D

Any idea where the tips go if someone never eats in a MDR? Do the tips just automatically get split between ALL servers and stewards!?

They are shared between all the serving staff, or so I been told.

AWESOME!!

Everyday I log on mutliple times to check out your review and updates!

I am in love with your pictures and everything that you have written!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this.

Will Be sailing Breakaway in 89 days, I can't wait!!

Kerri Ann

Have a wonderful cruise :)

Absolutely LOVED your review Gambee!! You do such a wonderful job and Im sad its over! I enjoy getting to work and spending a couple hours in paradise:)

Can you tell me where you got your clips that you place on the balcony chairs to dry clothing? We are oh holiday next month sailing the Allure and these look like a must!

Thanks in advance:)

She bought those at the dollar store. You mean the ones that look like animals? they are like towel clips, I forgot the exact name.

Gambee - Just partially finished watching the videos (two more parts to go). I really love the visual tour of the ship (and with your narrative, bonus!) Bravo to you taking outdoor videos while it's so windy.

It has been my very first time following a thread (over 70 pages)! I am sure not being the only person to ask, but you should seriously think of being a cruise reviewer/critic as a full-time job. Well done!

Thank you for following along my review :), glad you enjoyed the videos.

Thank you for your comparison! I also liked it how you break down the scores into categories. For example, X and RCL score very highly in categories that are important to me (food, service, entainment, bars)...and less well (X in particular) in areas that I could care less about (internet speed, cabin TV). Love the way you did this so people can look at what they think is important and see how you felt each line did in that category.

Looking forward to your next review! :D

We all travel for different reasons, so I thought it would be a good way of being fair to each cruise line. I wish I could take things of each line and make one super amazing cruise line. :D

You deserve the rest Gambee, and an award. Another great review. Looking forward to your Carnival cruise. In the meantime, I will just have to make do with others' merely excellent reviews! THANK YOU:),Ken.

Thank you Ken :)

Gambee - Yes, it's me again. ;) Now I am up to page 74...

By any chance you know if there's the "chocolate buffet" - all different types of chocolate desserts, chocolate fondue, sculptures made out of chocolate - on the Breakaway? So far I don't see that being "advertised" on the Daily... Thanks again for your help!

I did not see any, and Slice said confirmed that.

After I read your scores, I booked the Allure for next year (2014) for our 35th anniversary. I think the Allure will be a great way to celebrate. Thanks for your objective conclusions. Your reviews are fantastic!

I hope you have a great anniversary :). The Allure will do you well, I am sure!

Gambee, thanks so much for the review! I think you saved me at least 2 grand cause I feel like I went on this cruise thanks to your pictures and details! Man you are thorough! Nicely done, awesome job. I had been to Bermuda three times, and figured that was enough, but your great photo's makes me want to go back again!

Thanks for all your time and efforts, this was amazing.

I haven't cruised on either Allure or Breakaway BUT in your Allure review you called it "a magical cruise" That speaks volumes and that's why I was sure Allure would come out ahead.

Now, counting the days until your Breeze review.

Enjoy your summer!

Gambee - your review was absolutely amazing! I think it's time for you to take another cruise - just to relax! thanks for all the hard work you did here...it was obviously appreciated by many! :)

Thanks for posting this photo - you are correct - it looks perfect in your collection! :D

Once again thank you, that picture was the least I could do for you. So proud of my Breakaway collection :D

Let me be the 100th person to say that was an awesome review. :D

It would be great if you could make your review into a PDF so we could read it start to finish without having to scroll through 1500+ posts.

Oh my I think this is enough work as it is, I could imagine doing this in a PDF format... lol. ;)

I need a break now :)

I haven't cruised on either Allure or Breakaway BUT in your Allure review you called it "a magical cruise" That speaks volumes and that's why I was sure Allure would come out ahead.

Now, counting the days until your Breeze review.

Enjoy your summer!

I have not read the review of the "magical" Allure sailing, but can understand how cruising the Oasis or Allure could be a very positive experience (sailed both this year).

Having said that, we also sailed on the Breeze this year, so I look forward to that review. I don't think the word "magical" will be used for that one... :D

Tom

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I have soooo enjoyed joining you! Your review was spectacular and has me looking MORE forward than ever to my November voyage! I'll admit, I"m a little sad that the review has ended!

You're so very welcome :)

Man, you are unbelievable. Reading your review is almost cruising with you. I will be taking Breakaway to Bermuda in September. It is my first time on Breakaway and to Bermuda. But it seems I am going back for the second round after reading this thread. It is long (very long) but worth every minute of it. You rock

I hope you have a great cruise :)

I am sure you will have a blast, two new destinations for you with lots to offer.

Ok' date=' ok, I'm crying uncle and booking the breakaway. Gambee, you should get the commission. I wasn't even considering this cruise before your review. And now, ive already got two other couples booking with me. good freakin' review![/quote']

Where is my commission :D, lol.

Have a great trip!

LOVE LOVE LOVED YOUR REVIEW. ALSO THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE RESTRICTIONS FOR THE SLIDES. I WAS GOING TO BRING MY SON ON THE CRUISE FOR THAT MAIN REASON BUT HE'S ONLY 55LBS:eek: I KNOW NOT EVEN CLOSE:rolleyes:

SPECIAL THANKS TO WEDNESDAY FOR TELLING ME THAT GAMBEE'S REVIEW WAS IN THE NCL SECTION. I COULD HAVE MISSED SUCH A WONDERFUL REVIEW:( BUT I DIDN'T:D

You're very welcome, and also thank you Wednesday for promoting my work :).

THANK YOU GAMBEE!

I can't believe the journey on Breakaway is over! :-( I am so glad I found your reviews way back during the Allure, you are the one who has inspired me to do a review on Allure in 20 days, mostly dedicated to you! :-) Are we still planning on me getting you the Allure model?! And what the heck, I just get Lightroom 4 and now they announce Lightroom 5 is coming soon!! :mad: I guess thats why I was able to buy it at a $50 discount!

I guess that now that we know which is still your favorite ship, I can complete the TEAM GAMBEE shirt! I totally knew it would be Allure!

That blows with lightroom, I guess I will have to look at lightroom 5 and see what it offers.

When is it that you leave in your trip? Sarah is sailing a few later and she offered to get it for me, it might be a little easier with her since I would not have to worry about shipping. But thank you so much for offering that is so very kind of you :)

I dare you to wear the team Gambee shirt on your cruise :D

And please, send me the link of your review once it has started. It is very likely I will miss it, since I will be glued to the Carnival board for the coming months. But one thing is for sure, I do not want to miss your review :).

And many thank yous for dedicating your review to me, I think that is a first. I remember being mentioned on several reviews, but never one dedicated to me :o, thank you :)

Fantastic job as usual. I can only imagine the amount of work went into it. We all appreciate it!!

You're welcome :), the more I do these reviews, the more work they seem to take. I think slowly I am making them shorter and shorter. I know for a fact that the amount of pictures that I take in each cruise is slightly decreasing. We will how many more I will do.

Maybe Ill go back down to the normal 3k pictures per trip that I usually take instead of 7-9k that I have been taking in these past cruises.

Maybe Ill go back down to the normal 3k pictures per trip that I usually take instead of 7-9k that I have been taking in these past cruises.

:eek: (even your "normal" 3k)!

You just might be a Google Glass candidate! :D

Tom