Best snorkeling spot or snorkeling excursion?

Henry325

Hi. My wife and I will be arriving in Cozumel via Carnival Paradise in July. We love snorkeling. Any suggestions on the best snorkeling spots or snorkeling excursions? Thanks in advance :)

Eagle Ray is an excellent snorkel/dive operator. They offer two snorkel trips. I recommend the three stop trip that goes to the off shore reefs. After snorkeling, they stop for lunch (Price not included) at the Money Bar. It's the last stop, so after lunch I usually bail out and taxi back to the ship. The shorter snorkel trip goes only to near shore reefs.

P.S. Money Bar has the best hamburgers on the planet.:)

http://www.eagleraydivers.com/snorkeling_caribbean.htm

No package required - bring your own gear if you want and snorkel on your own. When on cruise we typically, for space reasons, bring our own masks and snorkels and rent fins and vests. Good luck! :)

Can you take a taxi to the money bar and simply rent a chair and snorkel equipment or do you have to buy a package?? Thanks for your imput.

You don't even have to rent a chair. They let you use them for free! (It's polite to buy a drink or food though. We stuck with non-alcoholic drinks, because we don't like to drink and swim. Really reasonable prices.)

We LOVED the money bar. Great snorkeling. We brought our own gear too so it was a very budget friendly day.

I'm seriously considering the Money Bar again in Cozumel next spring. We had a really great (and cheap) time while we were there a couple years ago! Our friends rented gear, but DH and I always bring our own. We ordered a bucket of beer and the nachos, and it was perfect for us!

We saw a good variety of fish. There was a spotted moray eel which was in reef ball. When you go into the water, just swim toward tthe darker spots, this is where there were rocks, reef balls were (this is where the fish are). You can see farther out where the snorkel tours go. I believe the is more of a reef out there, but we spent a lot of time exploring the smaller corals and rocks closer to shore. We did not swim out that far, but easily could have. We were finding plenty of things to see.:D

If you look in my signature, you will find a review for Chankanaab National Park. The place is just gorgeous and the snorkeling is awesome. There is a lot of other things to do at this park as well.

You will find a review listed under my SPIRIT cruise and also one under my PEARL cruise review. Just click on the link. :)

Archived