Concierge Lounge Oasis Vs. Freedom

Considering a (squeeze in) cruise on the Freedom OTS... Looking at a GS cabin. Really enjoyed the Concierge Lounge on the Oasis. Is the lounge on the Freedom similar? On the Oasis there were friendly bar waiters serving complimentary drinks in the early evening along with a nice selection of appetizers.

Anyone been in both (or in other ships from the same class)?

Also, what's the deal with dining in Portofino's for breakfast and lunch for suite guests... Is that just reserved seating for use after filling your plates at the Windjammer Cafe?

THANKS,

Tom

The perks of the CL on Freedom are not quite as elaborate as Oasis/Allure. No made to order breakfast and lunch, no beer at lunch. No view to the outside at all. However, they do offer the nightly cocktail hour with the same snacks and drinks as Oasis.

The perks of the CL on Freedom are not quite as elaborate as Oasis/Allure. No made to order breakfast and lunch, no beer at lunch. No view to the outside at all. However, they do offer the nightly cocktail hour with the same snacks and drinks as Oasis.

Thanks.

Can the tasty roast beef sandwiches (which I enjoyed at the Park Cafe on the Oasis) be found on the Freedom?

Odd how many of my questions have to do with food/drink! :D

Tom

Thanks.

Can the tasty roast beef sandwiches (which I enjoyed at the Park Cafe on the Oasis) be found on the Freedom?

Odd how many of my questions have to do with food/drink! :D

Tom

There's no Park Cafe on Freedom, but Royal has said in the past that they intend to make the roast beef sandwiches available on all ships. I don't recall hearing that they are on Freedom yet.

There's no Park Cafe on Freedom, but Royal has said in the past that they intend to make the roast beef sandwiches available on all ships. I don't recall hearing that they are on Freedom yet.

We were on FOS in March and there were NO roast beef sandwiches :(!

Also, what's the deal with dining in Portofino's for breakfast and lunch for suite guests... Is that just reserved seating for use after filling your plates at the Windjammer Cafe?

Any input on the above?

Tom

Any input on the above?

Tom

This is a perk on ships where Portofino and Chops adjoin the Windjammer: Voyager and Freedom class ships.

I have had no personal experience with this, since I haven't had a gold card since 2009. ;) But the report is that it's the whole deal: breakfast cooked to order. You CAN, of course, carry in from the WJ.

Since you will be on the Freedom in a GS, you should get this perk.

:)

This is a perk on ships where Portofino and Chops adjoin the Windjammer: Voyager and Freedom class ships.

I have had no personal experience with this, since I haven't had a gold card since 2009. ;) But the report is that it's the whole deal: breakfast cooked to order. You CAN, of course, carry in from the WJ.

Since you will be on the Freedom in a GS, you should get this perk.

:)

Thanks,

Tom

Archived