Who to complain to

A couple of weeks ago I called RCL in Australia with a query and a complaint about the fact that Australians cannot get price drops or even pay for upgades within our inordinately long 150 day cancellation window.

When you ring RCL here you usually get put through to the

US . I was and was then assured by the woman on the line that a supervisor would get back to me. I waited and waited.

I then sent an email off to "customer services" both the US and the Australian address outlining my problem, including the failure to respond to my phone enquiry. I am still waiting for a response to both emails. How do I actually get customer service from RCL? Not a good look in a service industry! Jennie

A couple of weeks ago I called RCL in Australia with a query and a complaint about the fact that Australians cannot get price drops or even pay for upgades within our inordinately long 150 day cancellation window.

US . I was and was then assured by the woman on the line that a supervisor would get back to me. I waited and waited.

I then sent an email off to "customer services" both the US and the Australian address outlining my problem, including the failure to respond to my phone enquiry. I am still waiting for a response to both emails. How do I actually get customer service from RCL? Not a good look in a service industry! Jennie

I've only ever gotten a response from them via email. Took about three days for them to respond back.

I sent my original emails 10 days ago!

Alas, I suspect that whatever delay you have endured is only going to get longer.

With this morning's fire on the Grandeur, I suspect that the focus of every single Customer Service agent will be on the passengers of the Grandeur's current and future cruises.

Good luck been waiting close to 4 weeks when I ring they say will send email?

Hi Jennie,

I emailed them about a similar query and received an answer email five weeks later. I immediately answered that email and it took another 4 weeks to get basically the same answer but from a different person. All emails sent to RCI - Australia.

Good Luck - by the way the reply was basically you booked it bad luck, cancel and book again but you will wait 12 weeks to get your deposit back!!!!

I had a bit of a problem with a Celebrity cruise and the fact that no one would get back to me, so in the end posted my disappointment on their Facebook page and miraculously they contacted me very quickly and resolved the problem. Could be worth a shot.

Archived