Grand Suite GS Configuration

I just booked this cabin for the 3/21 sailing and I'm hoping with fingers crossed that there are separate rooms in it as opposed to one big room. The description makes me think it's separate:

"Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to Royal King, and separate dressing area with entrance to bathroom. Full bathroom with tub, two sinks and second entrance that opens to living room. Living room with sofa that converts to double bed, entertainment center, and writing desk. Private balcony with seating area and private dining."

There are 2 separate entrances to the bathroom and the living area is called a "living room" instead of "living area" like it's described on other ships where the grand quite is only one room.

So I booked deck 8, but now I'm concerned that the cabins may be configured different on this deck since there are 4 on this deck and the other decks only have 2. Does anyone have any ideas or insider knowledge about this cabin? I really like the separate rooms since my husband is a very annoying snorer. LOL If I can't get the separate rooms, I might as well save the money, change to a balcony, and bring lots of earplugs.

I would like to find out too. Me & my sister will be in one of those cabins & may bring our dad (he is hinting about taking his next cruise) and if it's separate his snoring won't bother us as much:p

Pat

Still one big room, with a curtain separating. However, different than allure GS, there is a door going from BR to bath, close to bed wall. Even owners suite is not a separate room; instead of a "curtain" there is a hard divider btwn br and living room. But not full wall, so it is also really one big room... hope that helps,,,

Still one big room, with a curtain separating. However, different than allure GS, there is a door going from BR to bath, close to bed wall. Even owners suite is not a separate room; instead of a "curtain" there is a hard divider btwn br and living room. But not full wall, so it is also really one big room... hope that helps,,,

That's not what the description says. It says there is an entrance to the bathroom from the living room and either the bedroom or the separate dressing room. It makes me think the bathroom is in the middle somehow. I really wish there was a layout. If it's one big room, I'll be downgrading to a balcony. At least I have it on hold now.

The layout of the Owner's Suite "suggests" that there may be a pocket door that would separate the living room from the bedroom.

As for the Grand Suite, is the two door bathroom going to be in both the Grand and Superior Grand Suites?

That's not what the description says. It says there is an entrance to the bathroom from the living room and either the bedroom or the separate dressing room. It makes me think the bathroom is in the middle somehow. I really wish there was a layout.

I'm trying to figure this out, too. Maybe when you walk into your room, instead of having your bathroom to your right(or left), you will have your "dressing area/large walk in closet"(I'm thinking the size of the JS walk in closets) that has an entrance to your bathroom and then from your bathroom, you have a door that opens to a small living area that has your sofa and coffee table. Then on the other side of the room, you have your sleeping area/bed and vanity/writing desk? Both sides leading up to the balcony/windows? Then again, where does that little bar/extra counter space setup go that is usually near the entrance? Egads. Trying to figure out this configuration in my head is too much. I'll just sit back and wait until RCCL releases a floor plan.

I'm trying to figure this out, too. Maybe when you walk into your room, instead of having your bathroom to your right(or left), you will have your "dressing area/large walk in closet"(I'm thinking the size of the JS walk in closets) that has an entrance to your bathroom and then from your bathroom, you have a door that opens to a small living area that has your sofa and coffee table. Then on the other side of the room, you have your sleeping area/bed and vanity/writing desk? Both sides leading up to the balcony/windows? Then again, where does that little bar/extra counter space setup go that is usually near the entrance? Egads. Trying to figure out this configuration in my head is too much. I'll just sit back and wait until RCCL releases a floor plan.

Yeah, I've been trying too - and it makes my head hurt. I hope we don't lose that bar/counter space because I love it! One of the decisions I go with a Grand Suite vs. an Owner's Suite on other ships is because I prefer the bar to a table...

I read the description as a second or separate entrance to the living room from the bathroom- that is there are two ways in and out-of bathroom- but not two rooms. Will be happy with a curtain but would love a wall... Booked it but may change if the floor plan disappoints. 12/27/14!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Well I may be reading the description the way I hope it turns out, but I checked all the other Grand Suite descriptions on the RCI ships and only this one uses the words living "room" and not living "area". I guess we will know only when they release the floor plan. It will have to be one big bathroom to fit a full tub and 2 doors.

I booked a GS for November 2014. 3238 on deck 8. My understanding is it has a separate bed room.

Sent from my iPhone

2006 Sovereign of the Seas

2012 Freedom of the Seas

Future cruises booked

2013 Freedom of the Seas

2014 Enchantment of the Seas

2014 Quantum of the Seas

No separate bedroom. If it was going to have one they would have listed it in the description. Every other category that has a separate bedroom is stated in description.

They describe the GS as having a seperate dressing area. So if they went to that length to describe a dressing area, I'm sure they would have mentioned a separate bedroom if it had one.

It will just be one large room with the swivel big screen TV so you can either watch it from the living room area or the bed. The key word in the description is "Bedroom Area", not separate bedroom.

"Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to Royal King, and separate dressing area with entrance to bathroom. Full bathroom with tub, two sinks and second entrance that opens to living room. Living room with sofa that converts to double bed, entertainment center, and writing desk. Wrap around private balcony with seating area and private dining. Flat screen television, phone, safe, hairdryer.

Balcony for category SG is 259 square feet and for category GS 109 square feet."

I read this, and talking to a rep from RCI they state that if you take the Allure GS, and just put another door entry to the bathroom next to the dressing area (between dressing area and "living room", and before you would get to curtain if closed) you'll have the Quantum GS. So basically according to RCI and my TA, it will be the Allure/Oasis with an extra door from bed/dressing area into bathroom. Hope that helps. As earlier poster said, still one TV that can swivel from living room to bedroom. Still sounds very nice. We loved our GS on Oasis.

Stateroom: Grand Suite

Floor-to-ceiling glass doors that lead to your private veranda with lounge chairs, two twin beds that convert to a queen-sized bed, large closets, marble entry, large private bathroom with jetted tub and shower, as well as a spacious living room with desk, drawer space, vanity, sofa bed, and chairs. Each suite also has it's own large flat-screen LCD television with stereo and DVD/CD player, thermostat controlled air-conditioning, internet access, direct-dial telephone, radio, mini bar, individual safe, and 24 hour room service.

Note that on the Allure, they also called it a "living room" when it was a living room "area". Also, it's interesting that they said they had jetted tubs: did not have jets in our GS tub, nor in any other pix we've seen of GS Allure/oasis. Hope that helps, and it just shows that until they sail, the descriptions could change...

I was able to find this floor plan (attached) of an Owner's Suite in the Quantum Press Center site. The Owner's Suite is about 190 square feet bigger than the Grand Suite (541 sq ft vs 351 sq ft), but as we know from other ships, the Owner's Suite and the Grand Suite are roughly the same layout, one is just larger and has a table.

I could be way off, but it's fun to speculate! :)

356486082_OwnersSuite.jpg.9ee40815490f25bd3d68eb4bd8e4e3ec.jpg

I was able to find this floor plan (attached) of an Owner's Suite in the Quantum Press Center site. The Owner's Suite is about 190 square feet bigger than the Grand Suite (541 sq ft vs 351 sq ft), but as we know from other ships, the Owner's Suite and the Grand Suite are roughly the same layout, one is just larger and has a table.

I could be way off, but it's fun to speculate! :)

Great find. I enjoyed looking at it. Thanks for posting. All of us that booked the GS will have to continue looking for or waiting for the the floor plan to be released.

• 3 months later...

If you look at the recent video posted on Royal Caribbean web site - shortly after the designer starts speaking - a floor plan is seen projected on the wall. Since it has the angled balcony, it is probably the superior grand suite or the owner's suite. I paused the video at that point to try to get a feel for the room. I wish they would just put the floor plan on the deck plan as other cabins have. This should not be a big secret, especially, since people have already booked or wish to book. Take a look - see what you think.

Thanks for the clarification - I just saw the wrap around balcony and thought perhaps ??? I hope they soon reveal a floor plan for Superior Grand Suite, as well as additional specific information about the rest of the ship. I seem to recall much more information pumping out more rapidly when Oasis first came out. All in time.

Archived