Rebooking onboard

I am taking my first Royal Caribbean cruise October 2014 on the Grandeur out of Baltimore. I have cruised numerous times with Disney and they offer a great rate to those rebooking while on board as well as a shipboard credit. Does Royal Caribbean offer this and what is the usual discount?

Thanks and I am looking forward to trying Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I am taking my first Royal Caribbean cruise October 2014 on the Grandeur out of Baltimore. I have cruised numerous times with Disney and they offer a great rate to those rebooking while on board as well as a shipboard credit. Does Royal Caribbean offer this and what is the usual discount?

Thanks and I am looking forward to trying Royal Caribbean.

There is no discount, however they do offer an onboard credit for cruises booked on board. The onboard credit varies by length of cruise booked. For a 7 day cruise, the credit is $100.

One important point though. You cannot simply change your existing cruise to one booked onboard. They would have to cancel the existing cruise and rebook at current rates. So check your prices because you may be booking at a rate that may exceed the benefit from onboard credit.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking that if I enjoy my cruise that I would book another while onboard. I see though that besides the shipboard credit there really is no incentive.

Personally I think the best option is the Next Cruise Certificates (you can purchase up to 3). Basically you can purchase 3 ($100/each) and they don't expire. You get an open booking number and you can use these as your "deposit" when you are ready to book a cruise and no other monies are owed. It is great for people like us who don't have $500 laying around to book a cruise on a whim. On our Freedom cruise a couple weeks ago we purchased 3 (2 for Royal and 1 for Celebrity). We get $100 OBC for each cruise when we sail, and we were able to transfer one of those certificates to a couple who will be sailing with us in February so that they didn't have to pay $500 deposit and they just gave us the $200 for the certificate that we paid. We have already made the decision that we will get 3 of these each time we cruise so that we always have one handy should we find a cruise we want to book!

Archived