Family JS, Regular JS or Spa JS, whichto pick?

I thought you could only book a Spa Junior Suite if there were only 2 in the cabin. So when my TA tried to book the Inaugural & Dec. 1 sailing for us she only checked on SJS's, which were gone by the time she called at 9 am. Is it possible to book the FJS or Regular JS (which is part of the connecting configuration of 2 other cabins) even if it is just 2 people?

We ended up with a D1 and I was a little disappointed but still excited about going on the Quantum.

I thought you could only book a Spa Junior Suite if there were only 2 in the cabin. So when my TA tried to book the Inaugural & Dec. 1 sailing for us she only checked on SJS's, which were gone by the time she called at 9 am. Is it possible to book the FJS or Regular JS (which is part of the connecting configuration of 2 other cabins) even if it is just 2 people?

We ended up with a D1 and I was a little disappointed but still excited about going on the Quantum.

I'm not so sure that is true, maybe with the regular JS....but not the FJS, you can book them with just 2 people for sure inless because of the Inaugural they were only taking bookings with 3 or more for the regular JS to get the passenger total up?

Seems strange to me.

Try a fake booking on RCCL.com for 2 people on the March 13th sailing. It seems to let you book any of the 3 kinds.

Family Junior Suites on deck 9 and 10 don't connect. There are the dark green cabins.

qn_deck09_v2014_oct.gif

qn_deck10_v2014_oct.gif

I think your agent dropped the ball.

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

When I talked to the RCCL agent this morning, I asked about the FJS (the connecting one that has 3 cabins joined together) You have to have a minimum of 5 guests to book it and the first 5 pay the double occupency fee.

Don't the Spa JS's also have 1.5 baths?

Spa Junior Suite with Balcony: Sleeps up to 2. Two twin beds that convert

to Royal King. Large, spa-inspired split bath with soaking tub, and large separate

shower. Shower has frosted glass wall that allows natural light from living area.

Toilet and second sink in separate half bath. Sitting area with corner settee.

Private balcony. (267 sq. ft., balcony 81 sq. ft.)

When I talked to the RCCL agent this morning, I asked about the FJS (the connecting one that has 3 cabins joined together) You have to have a minimum of 5 guests to book it and the first 5 pay the double occupency fee.

The FJS is the cabin with 300 sq feet and 81 foot balcony. The regular Junior suite is the one that can be combined with a balcony and a single interior.

Which would you pick and why?Family and Regular JS are only $160 more then a Spa JS for 2 people?

Two people cannot book a regular JS (this is the one that has a connecting D balcony and a SI) you have to have 5 people minimum and they all pay the same price per person regarless of who is in what room. For 2 people your options are a Spa JS and maybe the FJ. Initially I heard they would not let 2 people book the FJ, but that may have changed.

I was already confused, and now this thread has me even more confused. I just put a 24-hour hold on the March 21st sailing... It says the category is FC, Family Connected Junior Suite, which I thought would be just the junior suite, not the other rooms since the reservation is only for 3 people. But the room number is 12228, which is the D2 balcony according to the deck plan. So is this reservation for the whole set of three rooms?

Sometimes a JS is sold by itself and sometimes it is sold as an FC along with the other 2 rooms.

Exactly what I did. Three of us in a JS for the 12/12 sailing. Rep looked up the prices for the JS for three versus the FJS for three and they were the same. He said the regular JS is the better option on ship. The balcony is 162 sq ft versus 80 with the FJS. The FJS does have the extra half bath which accounts for its extra 30 sq ft of room space.

The cruisingpower system still lets you book a regular Junior Suite with just 2 people. Is it right or wrong, I'm really not sure but it does allow you to reserve cabins #10232, #9232, #8232

Edited by Jimbo

The cruisingpower system still lets you book a regular Junior Suite with just 2 people. Is it right or wrong, I'm really not sure but it does allow you to reserve cabins #10232, #9232, #8232

I can tell you first hand that we tried something similar on 5/28 when booking opened. Our TA booked all three cabins separately (5 people) for a decent price and received confirmation numbers for all three cabins (JS, D3 and SI). When RC found out, they said these cabins cannot be booked online or individually because they are "connecting cabins" and the price given online was wrong. The new price would be on that day, average $1802 per person regardless of the cabin. The choice they gave us to keep the cabins was the new price or they would cancel the reservations. Note that the original price we had was for 2 in JS $3588, 2 in D3 $3128 and 1 in SI for $1489. The new price they came up with was $3571 for the JS, $3571 for the D3 and $1802 for the SI (it all comes to $1802 per person). We refused the price change and they cancelled that reservation and we reserved a FJ for 3 at $4492 and D7 for 2 at $2928.

Now if you are able to hold on to the cabin you reserved I am very happy for you and you could have benefited from the many complaints that followed that morning when they messed up many peoples reservation.

Hope this was helpful. Gook luck.

Exactly what I did. Three of us in a JS for the 12/12 sailing. Rep looked up the prices for the JS for three versus the FJS for three and they were the same. He said the regular JS is the better option on ship. The balcony is 162 sq ft versus 80 with the FJS. The FJS does have the extra half bath which accounts for its extra 30 sq ft of room space.

Glad to hear yours worked out. Very good.

Sometimes a JS is sold by itself and sometimes it is sold as an FC along with the other 2 rooms.

We'll see what happens with my reservation. I made the deposit on the held booking, then called to add a 4th person. Verified with the person on the phone that my cabin is an FC, Family Connected Junior Suite. Asked them to send me an invoice, first two guests are $1,687. Guests 3&4 are $789. Still shows the cabin number as the D2 room, not the JS or some other number to indicate the block of rooms.

We'll see what happens with my reservation. I made the deposit on the held booking, then called to add a 4th person. Verified with the person on the phone that my cabin is an FC, Family Connected Junior Suite. Asked them to send me an invoice, first two guests are $1,687. Guests 3&4 are $789. Still shows the cabin number as the D2 room, not the JS or some other number to indicate the block of rooms.

Are you just booking the one cabin or all three? What sailing is this for? If you are happy with the price finalize the booking if you can before they change thier mind on you.

Are you just booking the one cabin or all three? What sailing is this for? If you are happy with the price finalize the booking if you can before they change thier mind on you.

It's for the 3/21/15 8-night Eastern Caribbean. What I want is the block of all three rooms. I'm just not sure if they actually have me booked in all three, or if they have me booked in just the D2 (since that's the room number that shows on my invoice next to the FC code), but at JS prices due to a code mixup. And I'm not confident they know either, lol.

It's for the 3/21/15 8-night Eastern Caribbean. What I want is the block of all three rooms. I'm just not sure if they actually have me booked in all three, or if they have me booked in just the D2 (since that's the room number that shows on my invoice next to the FC code), but at JS prices due to a code mixup. And I'm not confident they know either, lol.

So are all four in the D2? It’s very iffy as it looks. If you can finalize the booking go ahead and if it’s not want you want you can cancel/change it.

On the website it says the below;

NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE BOOKING

CALL FOR AVAILABILITY

(866) 562-7625

Again, gook luck.

So are all four in the D2? It’s very iffy as it looks. If you can finalize the booking go ahead and if it’s not want you want you can cancel/change it.

On the website it says the below;

NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE BOOKING

CALL FOR AVAILABILITY

(866) 562-7625

Again, gook luck.

Thanks, Tall-Cruiser. I went ahead and finalized the booking. This is what my invoice looks like:

QoS.jpg.a7c29ecb980e2170fab34a1b80a5518b.jpg

You need to call them. It sounds like they booked you in one of the rooms only. You need 3 invoices for all 3 rooms.

Good point to note. The whole booking thing has been very confusing. If they had put the information out earlier most of us would not have these issues.

Two people cannot book a regular JS (this is the one that has a connecting D balcony and a SI) you have to have 5 people minimum and they all pay the same price per person regarless of who is in what room. For 2 people your options are a Spa JS and maybe the FJ. Initially I heard they would not let 2 people book the FJ, but that may have changed.

I was able to book a regular junior suite for 2 for my 2/20/15 cruise. They will just sell the D-2 and single cabin separately.

You need to call them. It sounds like they booked you in one of the rooms only. You need 3 invoices for all 3 rooms.

So, I called. The PVP and her supervisor were really confused about how the booking was even allowed to be created. They had me in just the D2, but at suite prices... To change to an FJ would result in a higher price now. The PVP said she thought some sort of resolution would be justified to rectify the mistake, but the resolutions department wasn't convinced. They said my options are to pay more for a JS, downgrade my reservation to a D-category, or cancel.

Not really impressed with their handling of a problem their system created.