Reflection Hump Cabin

46 cruiser

Hello, Has anyone stayed in cabin 2149 hump aqua cabin on Reflection, does it get much sun? And are the views good in regards to the support beams from pool deck. Any info is appreciated.

Thank you

If it's anything like the other S-Class ships, which I suspect it is, that stateroom has a support beam between two of the cabin balconies. This is a view of 1606. The beam on the right is the one between 1606 and 1608. This is on the starboard side. On the port side, the beam will be on the left separating your stateroom and 2151. Not to worry. No real obstruction. This only causes a situation if you want to open up the partition between the two staterooms -- you have to step over the support beam to get onto the next balcony, where as on the other connecting stateroom you will not have to mess with the support beam.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=139&pid=4159#top_display_media

• 7 months later...

Hi there guys,

new to this whole thing, seems to be alot of info and alot of helpful people out there! This will be my first celebrity cruise on the reflection and we booked an A1 room on the 11th deck, cabin 1616, were also looking at cabin 1620. Has anyone sailed on a ship in either of these rooms? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Very Excited for this!

Madiso

Check the links earlier in the thread. There is a spreadsheet that addresses the various cabins and their pros and cons. Very useful information.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply, I did in fact check the list, unfortunately it does not have either of those cabins listed on the reflection,

do appreciate your reply though!

Cheers

Oops that's too bad.

There is also a thread done a long time ago by "cruisetail" ??? if memory serves me. He did a pretty good dissection of the S-class ships including photo analysis of the rooms. Its been several months since I've seen it but its out there somewhere. I can try to find it later but I'm "working" right now. Try searching for it. The author has some biases against the ships but all-in-all it is a very useful read.

Cheers!

Hi there guys,

new to this whole thing, seems to be alot of info and alot of helpful people out there! This will be my first celebrity cruise on the reflection and we booked an A1 room on the 11th deck, cabin 1616, were also looking at cabin 1620. Has anyone sailed on a ship in either of these rooms? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Very Excited for this!

Both 1620 and 1616 are excellent, excellent staterooms with huge balconies. Grab one before they are taken.

Madiso

Check the links earlier in the thread. There is a spreadsheet that addresses the various cabins and their pros and cons. Very useful information.

Cheers

Tom

Referring folks to that spreadsheet is OK, but a lot of the staterooms on Reflection have different numbering, and they have added a new deck with AQ and S1 staterooms on Deck 12. The spreadsheet does not include them.

Both 1620 and 1616 are excellent, excellent staterooms with huge balconies. Grab one before they are taken.

Oh Great!

Happy to hear that, very excited, I did read something about there being overang from the pool above and it creating and shady balcony on this unit, do you know if that is true?

Thanks for your response Wine-O Much appreciated!

Cheers!

I think we were in the room next door. Ours was a sky suite but we loved it! There is a large overhang but it kept the balcony and room cool as the sun didn't beat down on you. I will say there is a bit less privacy on the "hump" as you can see into each others decks pretty easily. Our view was great.....the beams didn't block it at all! The location is great.....right upstairs is the pool and dining rooms....walk forward and you are at the gym. Elevators are close. We did hear noise from upstairs dining room....but I sleep with ear plugs when traveling so no issue for me.

We are having the same problems with deciding a cabin on the "Refelection " at the moment. We are looking at deck 9 at the moment at a cabin on the "Hump " . We probably would rather have the sun instead of a tunnel shape balcony. We also want the bed closer to the bathroom. We also did not want the beam ! "Any thoughts on our selection" Thanks!

Oh Great!

Happy to hear that, very excited, I did read something about there being overang from the pool above and it creating and shady balcony on this unit, do you know if that is true?

Thanks for your response Wine-O Much appreciated!

Cheers!

The deck above you has the overhang. Your only overhang is the balcony above you. You will be very, very happy with 1620. Also, it's a great location on the ship near the aft elevators - bank of 8 -- Up to the lawn club/buffet, and down to the martini bar & dining. :)

We are having the same problems with deciding a cabin on the "Refelection " at the moment. We are looking at deck 9 at the moment at a cabin on the "Hump " . We probably would rather have the sun instead of a tunnel shape balcony. We also want the bed closer to the bathroom. We also did not want the beam ! "Any thoughts on our selection" Thanks!

We really like the cabins on the flat part of the hump--best views both directions and the cabins are nice and bright. I know I am in the minority but the extra large balconies make the rooms extra gloomy to us.

We really like the cabins on the flat part of the hump--best views both directions and the cabins are nice and bright. I know I am in the minority but the extra large balconies make the rooms extra gloomy to us.

Thanks for the thought. We just booked #9227 with the same thought in mine. I got this cabin for a 1B price which is nice plus the 123 and on board credit !

Edited by fielddreamer

• 5 years later...
On 5/31/2013 at 1:29 PM, 46 cruiser said:

Hello, Has anyone stayed in cabin 2149 hump aqua cabin on Reflection, does it get much sun? And are the views good in regards to the support beams from pool deck. Any info is appreciated.

Thank you

I have stayed in 2151 on Reflection which is right next door. The views are great out and forward. As far as the support beams they really don't interrupt your view at all. They are off to the side of the balcony.  You can see the support beam as part of the divider between the balconies on the left side of this picture next to the chair.

20171129_094235.thumb.jpg.0b62c72f8658215f72bb2ce4e2a19af2.jpg20171129_094140.thumb.jpg.d3b1a752b42c044b3f93c034a9b6fea0.jpg

You can see the support beam in the second picture along the right side of the picture. 2149 would be on the other side of this partition (to the right) and the balcony on that cabin would be a bit deeper than this one in the picture. The first and third on the slant are the largest balconies. This is the second of the four. This second picture makes the balcony look a bit dark, but it was not at all. I think it's just the camera being inside the darker room looking out at bright daylight. It was also quiet. The only thing we heard from the deck above was one night we could hear music from a pool party while we sat on our balcony, but inside the room with the doors closed we didn't hear a thing. We also never heard chairs scraping above us. 

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

Duh, no I didn't! I don't even know how that happened! I guess I started celebrating New Years Eve too early.🙄

No problem at all.  I just did not figure any on that thread would be answering.

Happy New Year's.  😁