Clip on chair umbrella

beachlvn

I have chairs that have those clip on umbrellas. The umbrellas are small, but perfect for keep sun out of my upper body & face. Can I clip this onto the loungers on the Crown Princess? Am I allowed?

Why bring something extra in your luggage, even if it is small and besides the wind will probably rip it off your chair. There is lots of shade available to sit in or just buy a big hat to cover your head and face.

Thanks for your answers. I hear that the ones in the shade are so hard to get. People put a towel on them first thing in the morning and so many stay on there for most of the day. I really feel that they should do something about that. Just like the cops that put marks on your car tires and ticket you after 2 hrs if it's still there. Somehow they have to come up with a plan. It's not fair to others that don't get up at 7am. Just my little gripe!!

I hear that the ones in the shade are so hard to get. People put a towel on them first thing in the morning and so many stay on there for most of the day. I really feel that they should do something about that. Just like the cops that put marks on your car tires and ticket you after 2 hrs if it's still there. Somehow they have to come up with a plan. It's not fair to others that don't get up at 7am. Just my little gripe!!

You've just hijacked your own thread! :rolleyes:

There are many, many threads about chair hogs. You're certainly not the only one who feels as you do. Do a search to see what others are saying.

Lew

The loungers are packed tightly together around the pool. If you don't mind not being at the pool, there are loungers on Sun deck that aren't as close together. Often, depending on which way the ship is sailing, there can be shade. If you want to bring your umbrella thingie, that's where I'd go. Another option is the Sanctuary but that's $10/half day.

We've very seldom had a problem finding a place to sit in the shade in a location we like on Princess ships.

Not so sure if bringing along a clip umbrella would be a very good idea. It's windy on ships on at sea days. It could easily blow away and land on someone causing an injury.

LuLu

~~~~

It would depend on the clip as well. If it was metal construction with a strudy metal loop clip that completely encircles the chair rail it might hold up to wind, but most of them are plastic and will crack easily. Also, remember the effect it will have on people around you...

Archived