Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Not certain from the latest web cam shot but it looks like they have all the hull pieces together. Now it is putting the upper decks on then all the interior work.

You could be right about the hull pieces. There seems to be a piece barely visible under the second green crane and very close to the dock divider. We need a new side shot from RCI PR.

You could be right about the hull pieces. There seems to be a piece barely visible under the second green crane and very close to the dock divider. We need a new side shot from RCI PR.

Well they answered my post before, looks like it's time to make another comment on the RCL site and see what kind of response I get.

As I was going through the President's blog I noticed the one about Navigator and how they said that this ship will be a preview for some of the dining on Quantum. So the Mexican restaurant is SABOR?

Yep, seems like that and the "new" Chops will be on Quantum. Sabor's gotten some very mixed reviews so far from Cruise Critics, but we'll see what happens with time as it gets into the swing of things.

Yep, seems like that and the "new" Chops will be on Quantum. Sabor's gotten some very mixed reviews so far from Cruise Critics, but we'll see what happens with time as it gets into the swing of things.

And I think the negative reviews seem mostly related to the venue and service rather than the food. With Quantum having it designed to be in a space from day 1 I would hope those two problems are at least fixed. Haven't heard any actual comments on food compared to Rita's yet, has anyone else?

And I think the negative reviews seem mostly related to the venue and service rather than the food. With Quantum having it designed to be in a space from day 1 I would hope those two problems are at least fixed. Haven't heard any actual comments on food compared to Rita's yet, has anyone else?

On Royal Caribbean Blog, the poster just got off Navigator after a full week off of dry dock and said Sabor was awesome. Food, margaritas, guacamole, service, everything etc... he said was great. He also said the manager told him the restaurant has been extremely busy and been booking well...so who knows what the future will be! I will be on Nav in March and will report back! Hopefully I will get good service once the staff has had a month or so to get settled!

Nope, I guess they didn't like me this time. They still haven't posted my comment and question. I did notice however that on my particular cruise for my cabin category, all the ones on deck 6,7.9 are now gone but there are a ton of new ones that have opened up on 13.....odd. Any ideas why that would change so drastically in just 2 days? :confused:

Nope, I guess they didn't like me this time. They still haven't posted my comment and question. I did notice however that on my particular cruise for my cabin category, all the ones on deck 6,7.9 are now gone but there are a ton of new ones that have opened up on 13.....odd. Any ideas why that would change so drastically in just 2 days? :confused:

Interesting that they still did not post your comment. Usually withing a day or two it should be up.

What category did you have? Sometimes the cruise line may hold cabins back and release them with demand. This also helps them increase the price. It could also be that a TA or group had some rooms on deck 13 blocked/reserved but changed or cancelled. You may consider moving up to a higher deck unless you are already happy with what you have. Some don't like deck 13 because its below the sports/pool deck and others like the higher decks regardless. Something for everyone. :)

I wonder if all the ppl from 13 went to lower decks because there were about 12+ balcony rooms on decks 6,7,8 total and now they are all gone. I'm good on 10. I wouldn't want to be under the sports deck anyway, plus I have a skootch bigger balcony too because I'm on one of the humps. I don't know, just speculation and conversation due to the fact that I'm getting antsy about no new updates from RCI. This is going to be a very long 300 days for me.

I wonder if all the ppl from 13 went to lower decks because there were about 12+ balcony rooms on decks 6,7,8 total and now they are all gone. I'm good on 10. I wouldn't want to be under the sports deck anyway, plus I have a skootch bigger balcony too because I'm on one of the humps. I don't know, just speculation and conversation due to the fact that I'm getting antsy about no new updates from RCI. This is going to be a very long 300 days for me.

I am on deck 10 too. Let's hope they add another port for those of us that are on the 8 Night Cruise with Samana taken off.

Hopefully on Monday we will get another update on the progress from he MW webcam. It has been a slow, slow week for new or any details.

I am on deck 10 too. Let's hope they add another port for those of us that are on the 8 Night Cruise with Samana taken off.

Hopefully on Monday we will get another update on the progress from he MW webcam. It has been a slow, slow week for new or any details.

I just read on another thread that they are going to have a new reveal on march 26

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by tls1012

yes someone posted the video before. But news about the bumper cars are allways welcome. I would like a ship were you can drive wie a bumper car on the complete ship. If you want from your cabin to the restaurants drive in a bumper car. You want to go to the pool? Drive with your bumper car. That would be great :D

yes someone posted the video before. But news about the bumper cars are allways welcome. I would like a ship were you can drive wie a bumper car on the complete ship. If you want from your cabin to the restaurants drive in a bumper car. You want to go to the pool? Drive with your bumper car. That would be great :D

They have them already. They are called mobility scooters...:eek:

Eric

Slow week, huh?

While docked alongside to the Royal Princess, I took note of her lower deck with its great sea view. Nothing fancy, but could be some something that we'll see on the Quantum of the Seas?

RoyalPrincessseaview_zps3798081d.jpg

Also, while strolling the Allure's Promenade, I met someone - I think that he said that he'll be one of Quantum's future cruise directors?! He had info on the ship, but said nothing to me. Like Royal Caribbean when it comes to sharing new info, he was "dragon" his feet...

Dragon_zps89cc71ef.jpg