Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Geez. I come back from a business trip to find this thread way down the line in the forum! And what posts there are aren't really Quantum class build-related.

No updates on the two builds in Hall 6 at all?!! Lloyd?! You're not still in vacation mode are you?! Photos?! :confused:

No, getting back to work snapped me back to reality! :(

Hope you made it home ok. Our flight back home was delayed 4 hours because the pilot insisted on replacing one of the tires! Anyhow, glad I made a NextCruise booking while onboard... likely the Quantum of the Seas.

Back to this thread's topic! I was hoping to have new build photos, but no such luck this week. Other recent photos that I have reveal nothing new unfortunately. I tweeted Royal Caribbean asking about possible new photos, but no response as of yet. Will appreciate whatever they post.

Looking forward to the March 26th reveal (but that's another thread...see you there!).

Spoke to soon. :o

February25FBphoto0_zps91785cfe.jpg

February25FBphoto1_zps84f27122.jpg

February25FBphoto2_zps86512bef.jpg

Oh. And here's a better view of that chart from an older post:

S697buildchart_whole_closeup_zpsf62511c6.jpg

S697buildchart_close-up_zpscf5b05c8.jpg

Appears as if they are on schedule.

Now if only we could get a photo of that block in question at the bottom of the latest webcam image

The Anthem looks like its been assembled differently - probably to make it easy to seal up and float to get it out of the way for the float out of Quantum.

And the light green blocks in first column of September 2014 - The new Breakaway Plus Vessel, Norwegian Escape, as mentioned in an earlier post about this chart (Got it right this time! Don't just have Quantum on the brain. :rolleyes:).

Spoke to soon. :o

February25FBphoto1_zps84f27122.jpg

Now if only we could get a photo of that block in question at the bottom of the latest webcam image

Just recognised (after Lloyd pointed it out on Facebook) the spine for the glass roof that will be behind the North Star base. Ya, wouldn't mind seeing that other block as well.

Edited by Tough as Leather

Come next month Quantum could be floated out and switched with Anthem. Has an actual float out date been announced?
The float out of the Quatum will be on 3rd August: http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/?lang=en (Anthem and Quantum won't switch their places)

I think the two swimming parts of the Anthem will wait outside of the hall until the Quantum has been floated out. Unfortunately, I don't know the dates of these two mini-float outs of the Anthem. Maybe, I will try to get some informations from Meyer Werft in the beginning of April.

Come next month Quantum could be floated out and switched with Anthem. Has an actual float out date been announced?

I dont recall an official announcement but have heard of end of July or early August. That seems to be in line with the dates in the chart above.

The float out of the Quatum will be on 3rd August: http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/?lang=en (Anthem and Quantum won't switch their places)

I think the two swimming parts of the Anthem will wait outside of the hall until the Quantum has been floated out. Unfortunately, I don't know the dates of these two mini-float outs of the Anthem. Maybe, I will try to get some informations from Meyer Werft in the beginning of April.

Thanks for the link! Look forward to the broadcast.

By 'Anthem and Quantum won't switch their places', I assume you mean that after the Quantum floats out, the Anthem will be built in the same part of the basin that she is in now, at the front of the hall by the door. In the meantime, the NCL Breakaway Plus ship, Norwegian Escape, will be built at the back of the hall.

Edited by Tough as Leather

By 'Anthem and Quantum won't switch their places', I assume you mean that after the Quantum floats out, the Anthem will be built in the same part of the basin that she is in now, at the front of the hall by the door.
No, according to the chart posted by Lloyd555 the Anthem will be build at the back end of the hall, too. I tried to express in my previous post that the Quantum is floated only once. I'm sorry for the irritation.

No, according to the chart posted by Lloyd555 the Anthem will be build at the back end of the hall, too. I tried to express in my previous post that the Quantum is floated only once. I'm sorry for the irritation.

No irritation. Wherever she'll be in Hall 5, the Anthem will have the company of one ship or another. meanwhile some Quantum-class blocks still have the company of the Sonne in hall 5. :D

sonne317_v-contentgross.jpg

Yeap, you can for sure see the tip next to the dock divider. This is probably one of the clearest pictures of the Web Cam Hall 6 in a long time.

Good image for sure! Would be nice to get a photo from Royal Caribbean of the bow of the Quantum as it is right now with the theater block installed.

Edited by Lloyd555

Good image for sure! Would be nice to get a photo from Royal Caribbean of the bow of the Quantum as it is right now with the theater block installed.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or do I really see a block hanging from one of the cranes? See top left corner of Hall 6 picture.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or do I really see a block hanging from one of the cranes? See top left corner of Hall 6 picture.

Your eyes are not deceiving you. That is indeed a block being lifted by the overhead crane. Awesome progress. I am still looking forward to the reveals. We will probably not sail on Quantum until late 2015 or early 2016, but I am still following this closely!

Eric

Your eyes are not deceiving you. That is indeed a block being lifted by the overhead crane. Awesome progress. I am still looking forward to the reveals. We will probably not sail on Quantum until late 2015 or early 2016, but I am still following this closely!

Eric

Thanks Eric. Glad you saw it too. We are all craving and looking forward to the reveals. It is about time.

According to the block diagram there are only 5 blocks left to complete Quantum, if I counted right. Then the work moves inside and paint the outside. A great trivia question would be how many gallons of paint are need to paint the exterior of Quantum.