Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Have to agree with you on that. Also on most of the feedback I have seen people talk about how classy they look. Will have to try the Solstice Class one of these days.

Beautiful, beautiful ships... stunning even. Was on Silhouette in Europe last fall for my Honeymoon. Definitely wouldn't go wrong incorporating some S-Class design elements into the Q class. Only shortfall on Silhouette was the entertainment, which was really poor... or perhaps we were just a little too young to appreciate their offerings.

No worries though, RC will never build a ship with poor entertainment :D

Beautiful, beautiful ships... stunning even. Was on Silhouette in Europe last fall for my Honeymoon. Definitely wouldn't go wrong incorporating some S-Class design elements into the Q class. Only shortfall on Silhouette was the entertainment, which was really poor... or perhaps we were just a little too young to appreciate their offerings.

No worries though, RC will never build a ship with poor entertainment :D

Dave - Ok i am inspired but first lets see what the Anthem Caribbean schedule looks like and Quantum's summer schedule if it ever comes out :)

Webcam update for the week, lots of change!

[ATTACH]305177[/ATTACH][ATTACH]305178[/ATTACH]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'll say! For some reason, my reaction was wow. I guess it's because of the amount of progress made. Looks great.

For a change, we can see the full bulbous bow.

2014_03_10_H6_W466.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Impressive! I'm actually seeing the magnitude of how big she is. :D:cool:

And she's supposed to fit under the bridge too???? Can't wait to be up on deck (don't care how cold and snowy it might be) just to experience that!!

And she's supposed to fit under the bridge too???? Can't wait to be up on deck (don't care how cold and snowy it might be) just to experience that!!

Are you going to be on board when it actually leaves the country to come to the U.S.? Is that a special cruise? I didn't think they booked cruises like that when they brought the ships to the U.S.

Are you going to be on board when it actually leaves the country to come to the U.S.? Is that a special cruise? I didn't think they booked cruises like that when they brought the ships to the U.S.

First, yes they do trans-atlantics, even with new builds. In this case, the boat will leave from Southhampton, England to NJ.

Second, I believe she is talking about going under the Verrazano Bridge. The ship will have to go under this bridge in and out of the Port of Bayonne. it seems like it will only have a few feet of clearance.

Verrazano bridge wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verrazano-Narrows_Bridge

Edited by hitaway4

No, I'm booked on a January cruise and don't they go under one of the NY bridges on their way out?

It is an impressive webcam shot and nice of them to move the cranes out of the way so we get a better look of things and including the bulbous bow as Lloyd pointed out. Due to the height limitations inside Hall 6 building dock some of the final pieces will be added outside.

This is exciting watching this all unfold. :cool::D

First, yes they do trans-atlantics, even with new builds. In this case, the boat will leave from Southhampton, England to NJ.

Second, I believe she is talking about going under the Verrazano Bridge. The ship will have to go under this bridge in and out of the Port of Bayonne. it seems like it will only have a few feet of clearance.

Verrazano bridge wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verrazano-Narrows_Bridge

They certainly do not want an "OOPS" situation when she arrives at the port entrance for the first time. I understand that in some cases, they actually travel under the bridges at a higher speed so the ship actually "skooches" down in the water to make the clearance more. We hope that at 228 above mean high tide, that the clearance is not an issue.

They certainly do not want an "OOPS" situation when she arrives at the port entrance for the first time. I understand that in some cases, they actually travel under the bridges at a higher speed so the ship actually "skooches" down in the water to make the clearance more. We hope that at 228 above mean high tide, that the clearance is not an issue.

They did all that engineering and calculations years ago. I believe Celebrity Solstice has been in the harbor and since Quantum is based off the Solstice class, it won't be an issue. They have to have a certain amount of margin in case of high seas, etc.

Coast Guard Commander: "Excuse me captain, but is your ship stuck?"

Quantum Captain: "Nope, I'm not stuck, I'm just delivering this bridge. Here's your sign..."

Eric

They did all that engineering and calculations years ago. I believe Celebrity Solstice has been in the harbor and since Quantum is based off the Solstice class, it won't be an issue. They have to have a certain amount of margin in case of high seas, etc.

I agree. I actually sailed on the Silhouette out of Bayonne and we made it just fine. I should have put a ;) or a :D after my post. They would not be using Bayonne as a home port if there were any question about making it under the bridge. ALTHOUGH, one year we were on the Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda and Tropical Storm Hannah was coming in as we were to set sail. we had to leave early to get under the bridge before the storm surge held us in port.

I am with you, Tina. I can't wait!

I hope this is OK to post. It is a link to the NY Harbor Web Cam. I love to watch the Explorer come and go in and out of Bayonne. As the ships leave, the camera operator sometimes zooms in to the bridge as the ship goes under it.

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/

I am with you, Tina. I can't wait!

I hope this is OK to post. It is a link to the NY Harbor Web Cam. I love to watch the Explorer come and go in and out of Bayonne. As the ships leave, the camera operator sometimes zooms in to the bridge as the ship goes under it.

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/

Perfectly ok to post! People post harbor cams all the time.

Don't hate me, but I actually get to watch Explorer and the other NY based ships sail up the Hudson from my apartment windows ;). I watched Breakaway yesterday. A little tougher in the winter when the sail days are less consistent with the longer cruises thrown in but cool when I catch them.

Edited by Dave85

Perfectly ok to post! People post harbor cams all the time.

Don't hate me, but I actually get to watch Explorer and the other NY based ships sail up the Hudson from my apartment windows ;). I watched Breakaway yesterday. A little tougher in the winter when the sail days are less consistent with the longer cruises thrown in but cool when I catch them.

So awesome! And you will get to see Quantum come into port for the first time! We saw Sail Boston 2000 from the 18 floor of a hotel on the Boston harbor, so I can imagine what it must be like every day.