Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

You mean the Captain's Extended Cut? :D

After March 26th -- if it is indeed a big (final) reveal -- I hope to see a flood of images & videos - INCLUDING AN UPDATE TO THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN PRESS CENTER GALLERY, PLEASE! (That is for any R.C. employees that are reading this)

Speaking of images, are there no new ones from the visitor center at Meyer Werft? Is it even open right now? I would like to see what they're up to.

26th March is not the final reveal.

This was posted yesterday on another thread -

I don't 100% agree with you on this. It's located West of 10th Avenue. There is ZERO transportation hubs near there. Closest one is Penn Station which is 33rd and 7th (in NYC, 3 crosstown blocks is considered not close).

I spoke with the Director of the event this morning, as I was quite disappointed. Apparently the event space can only accommodate 250 people including their staff. That's CRAZY! I think there were more people in the Diamond Lounge on the Independence last December!

She acknowledged that they didn't anticipate such high interest, especially when non-locals RSVP'd YES and are planning to travel for the event.

She did say they were going to be doing other Quantum events later in the year, and I expressed that I felt I was being more Loyal to Royal than Royal was to me.

It is what it is I guess. Boo!

Hey! I found this (squished!) photo in a search. Is it the Quantum of the Seas???!!! It certainly looks like it. There was this, a few photos of some ship models and the outside of the entrance to MW. No date! So that is why I have to ask. The writing was not English or German. No idea what the descriptions were saying. Looked like a visit by seniors. God bless them for visiting the ship yard and taking photos.

isthisquantumoftheseas_zps8b694607.png

edit: Darn! I was hoping to try an internet translation site, but I can't find it again! It was a few mouse clicks away from another photo that originally got my eye! I'll try again at home tonight.

Hey! I found this (squished!) photo in a search. Is it the Quantum of the Seas???!!! It certainly looks like it. There was this, a few photos of some ship models and the outside of the entrance to MW. No date! So that is why I have to ask. The writing was not English or German. No idea what the descriptions were saying. Looked like a visit by seniors. God bless them for visiting the ship yard and taking photos.

isthisquantumoftheseas_zps8b694607.png 2014_03_10_H6_W466.jpg

edit: Darn! I was hoping to try an internet translation site, but I can't find it again! It was a few mouse clicks away from another photo that originally got my eye! I'll try again at home tonight.

I'd say yes. Nice find. Likely taken March 10th or earlier. As for Meyer Werft being open now. I believe so. This tourist photo taken just the other day. There's another photo from inside Hall 6, but part of the top of the Quantum of the Seas is cut off! I've emailed to enquire about another better photo.

Wish we were getting nice weather like this here in Ottawa, Canada! Just had a dump of snow. More to come. :mad:

March122014FBErnstNeumann_zps9c790cec.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

isthisquantumoftheseas_zps8b694607.png

This looks good to me. Looking forward to more photos. Thank you for searching & sharing.

All those photos from the Meyer Werft visitor center [Meyer Werft Besucherzentrum] made me wonder where the viewing windows are in relation to the QofS. I found a pdf document on the website under VISITORS tab, on in the VISIT THE SHIPYARD page at the Visitor Information Download link.

Here is part of it with Hall 6. If I am reading it right & there are 2 viewing areas (Einblick in das Baudock 2) the one on the left should be right next to QofS. With the darn cranes out of the way, nice photos of the ship should have been, & be available.

MWvisitorcenter_zps28ea0adc.jpg

All those photos from the Meyer Werft visitor center [Meyer Werft Besucherzentrum] made me wonder where the viewing windows are in relation to the QofS. I found a pdf document on the website under VISITORS tab, on in the VISIT THE SHIPYARD page at the Visitor Information Download link.

Here is part of it with Hall 6. If I am reading it right & there are 2 viewing areas (Einblick in das Baudock 2) the one on the left should be right next to QofS. With the darn cranes out of the way, nice photos of the ship should have been, & be available.

MWvisitorcenter_zps28ea0adc.jpg

Thank you for sharing that. I checked out the MW website and the first page of that pdf. The visitor center image in the pdf does not show the whole length of the Hall 6. The visitor center covers just a portion of it. The left window would be right next to the Quantum, but not in front of it ~ middle of it. :( I think that the bow of the Quantum may line up somewhere near it (if I remember a photo posted by Lloyd from a while back. Lloyd can you repost!?)

Too bad though, huh! Would be nice to be right in front of it!

MeyerWerft_zps10d2026a.jpg

Thank you for sharing that. I checked out the MW website and the first page of that pdf. The visitor center image in the pdf does not show the whole length of the Hall 6. The visitor center covers just a portion of it. The left window would be right next to the Quantum, but not in front of it ~ middle of it. :( I think that the bow of the Quantum may line up somewhere near it (if I remember a photo posted by Lloyd from a while back. Lloyd can you repost!?)

You talking about this photo, I assume. :)

Thanks for those images, Cutesypie and Tough as Leather.

Hoping for a better photo from that same spot!

masterschniefphotoFeb12014_zps198f08c0.jpg

Photo courtesy @Master_Schnief

My bad. I skipped over the map of the ship yard. Should have seen that. Still a good view, mind you!

Nothing new, but Meyer Werft is using the photo posted earlier in this forum on the Quantum's page on their website. Cool.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/schiffe/kreuzfahrtschiffe/royal_caribbean_international/projekt_sunshine/projekt_sunshine.jsp

Ha! Still listed as project sunshine. :)

Quantum_of_the_Seas_2458~1_W708.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

More photos. Maybe from the same visit to the visitor center?!

I guess we know what to expect to see in Monday's webcam image!

The top photo is the one I mentioned in earlier post, with the top (Solarium) slightly cut off. Didn't hear back from this visitor concerning a better shot, but these other photos and the ones by HD1080ide make up for it! Thanks!

March122014FBErnstNeumann1_zpsc150908e.jpg

March15uploadedphotofromvisitorcenter_1_zpsdec6ebb3.jpg

March15uploadedphotofromvisitorcenter_2_zps54f40a52.jpg

Even the Anthem of the Seas gets to shine.

March15uploadedphotofromvisitorcenter_3_zps0b29f15a.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Those are some impressive looking pictures. Hopefully only another week or two until my cabin will be onboard. Looks like the gym/spa area that is under the solarium roof has a lot more glass than what I remember in the renderings showing. Should be an impressive view as long as the angle of the glass roof doesn't prevent you from seeing out.

I'm new to following the build of a ship, and it has been fascinating watching the Quantum grow so quickly. Just a few more blocks like the bridge, cabins below it and the tip of the bow, and we'll see a near-complete ship. It's a great looking ship. I look forward to being onboard her some day.

Hard to believe that this the start of the Quantum keel behind the NCL Getaway back in the summer of 2013, less than a year ago.

Bottomofphoto-earlyQuantumkeel_zpsb3f0b05f.jpg

I'm new to following the build of a ship, and it has been fascinating watching the Quantum grow so quickly. Just a few more blocks like the bridge, cabins below it and the tip of the bow, and we'll see a near-complete ship. It's a great looking ship. I look forward to being onboard her some day.

Hard to believe that this the start of the Quantum keel behind the NCL Getaway back in the summer of 2013, less than a year ago.

Absolutely amazing. Looking forward to seeing QoTS as near completion as Getaway is in this image. Boarding her this Saturday, btw.

Very nice pic