Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Thanks to a friend on instagram who has just posted this ... Woop!

ImageUploadedByForums1396045777.663396.jpg.23a3f0d54ed73b712bd85bb7687201b5.jpg

[which I've since realised is a zoom in of the previous photos!]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by sparkx

It looks like the bridge wings have railings but no walls or roof. Wonder if they'll have a door off of the solarium that we can go out on them from. Not as good as a bow but something.

Here's another tourist photo that shows a more clear view of bridge & solarium. I guess too early to see if there would be a door/access. Hope there will be.

Hey! They could add bungee jumping from the bridge to the rides available on the Quantum-class! Sure, you might hit the side of the ship on the way back up, but it would be worth it. Whhhhaaaat?!

March292014close-upphotobytourist_1_zpsf66cd825.jpg

This is kind of bitter sweet, I find the building process so amazing. They know just where to place the blocks, and the shear size of the blocks. Now we have to wait for someone to sneak pictures of the work on the inside.

Poor Anthem of the Seas...

AHEM2_zps33322b00.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Lloyd -That is a great close up of the bridge. I think there will be access to it from the Solarium. There may have been a rendering that showed this.

Edit - I just saw an aerial rendering from the starboard side and it does show what seems to be access. I tried to copy the picture but could not.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Here's another tourist photo that shows a more clear view of bridge & solarium. I guess too early to see if there would be a door/access. Hope there will be.

Hey! They could add bungee jumping from the bridge to the rides available on the Quantum-class! Sure, you might hit the side of the ship on the way back up, but it would be worth it. Whhhhaaaat?!

AHEM2_zps33322b00.jpg

WOW ... I can see my room (or it would be if it was the other side).

Been desperate to see it in 'real life' as when we were booking we weren't sure on how the balcony would be. We booked the very forward balcony on deck 10 (we always try to be right at the front), which is the one directly under the bridge on the pic.

On images it looked like it may be an irregular shape but couldn't quite get my head round it. I know it's not an obstructed balcony but it does kinda look a different shape here.

What do you experts think?

AHEM2_zps33322b00.jpg

From the rendering and the videos of the ship, some changes seem to have been made to the front cabin area superstructure. If you look at the renderings you will see what appears to be a space between the cabin windows and the outer most haul. This would be like having a balcony area between your cabin window and the haul opening overlooking the bow.

It doesn't look like it will be that way now. That's a shame.

Lloyd -That is a great close up of the bridge. I think there will be access to it from the Solarium. There may have been a rendering that showed this.

Edit - I just saw an aerial rendering from the starboard side and it does show what seems to be access. I tried to copy the picture but could not.

You can see what appears to be an access on this screen grab from the March 26th culinary reveal video, behind Lisa Lutoff-Perlo's head... :D

As for hac82's question about bow access, from the rendering on the screen, it appears as if that may be possible as well.

I was watching it to get some hints as to how the dining restaurant reservation and table management system works.

Bridgeaccess_zps1a205363.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

You can see what appears to be an access on this screen grab from the March 26th culinary reveal video, behind Lisa Lutoff-Perlo's head... :D

As for hac82's question about bow access, from the rendering on the screen, it appears as if that may be possible as well.

I was watching it to get some hints as to how the dining restaurant reservation and table management system works.

Bridgeaccess_zps1a205363.jpg

Great screen grab and dead on. So we have solved that one for both Port and Starboard sides.

With respect to hac82's question you are right that it does appear to be possible. Too many lounge chairs displayed suggesting maybe fpr guest use.

Looking at that picture, the bow looks like staff access only. There is a section behind the helipad open to the deck below. If there was guest access I think you would see a solid deck with stairs up to the pad.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Keep in mind it's all computer generated at this point.

That's for sure. All assumptions right now.

Look at the inside of all the windows at the front of the ship. What was the graphics team thinking? Not only do the windows layout not look like the final product, the area behind them and the flooring of the bridge walk look like straw. :confused:

Edited by Lloyd555

Apparently...

Live: Float Out of the Quantum of the Seas live in HD

http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/?lang=en

Also, keep an eye on the Meyer Werft website's Dates & Events:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/wichtige_termine/wichtige_termine.jsp

Liking the way this ship turned out. Glad I got to watch her take shape.

Can't wait to book a cruise.

Not to forget the conveyance down the Ems planned for September 21. And also, as mentioned in earlier posts, on September 6 it will be the backdrop for the NDR Festival at Meyer Werft.

Conveyance will be similar to that of NCL Getaway.

ueberfuehrungsplan_norwegian_getaway.jpg

It's amazing how popular these conveyances are! People flock to them like ... er ...

Getawayampsheep_zps464d2aed.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Not to forget the conveyance down the Ems planned for September 21. And also, as mentioned in earlier posts, on September 6 it will be the backdrop for the NDR Festival at Meyer Werft.

It's amazing how popular these conveyances are! People flock to them like ... er ...

Getawayampsheep_zps464d2aed.jpg

Thanks for the date reminders.

And it wouldn't be such a baaaad thing to stand around to watch the ship float out and head down the river baaaackwards.

Edited by Tough as Leather

WOW ... I can see my room (or it would be if it was the other side).

Been desperate to see it in 'real life' as when we were booking we weren't sure on how the balcony would be. We booked the very forward balcony on deck 10 (we always try to be right at the front), which is the one directly under the bridge on the pic.

On images it looked like it may be an irregular shape but couldn't quite get my head round it. I know it's not an obstructed balcony but it does kinda look a different shape here.

What do you experts think?

Are you in cabin 10116? We booked that for the 11/23 and 12/1 sailings. Always used to book foreword facing cabins but now the balconies are closer in pice to ocean view so we try to get the first balconies and that was the one with room for 3.

Now as I follow this board for the build updates, I just wanted to put this document out there to anyone who likes a hard copy in front of them to compare instead of bouncing back and forth from screen to screen. (old fashion girl who still like paper)

With all the ranting and raving, pissing and moaning that people are doing over the new dining style, I thought I would compile the 4 complimentary dining menus all in one place so that it might be easier to decide on a restaurant of choice on a particular night.

With the reservations opening up May 15, it might be nice not to wait and have a few restaurants pre-planned just in case.

I have to laugh though, all the people cranking over the anytime to dine now option, why don't they just book the same time every night???? Hmmm?? Yes, missing the same waiter might be a bummer but seriously people, think out of your boxes. :cool:

278 days can NOT come soon enough for me with another dam snow storm this morning!!!

menu.docx

Now as I follow this board for the build updates, I just wanted to put this document out there to anyone who likes a hard copy in front of them to compare instead of bouncing back and forth from screen to screen. (old fashion girl who still like paper)

With all the ranting and raving, pissing and moaning that people are doing over the new dining style, I thought I would compile the 4 complimentary dining menus all in one place so that it might be easier to decide on a restaurant of choice on a particular night.

With the reservations opening up May 15, it might be nice not to wait and have a few restaurants pre-planned just in case.

I have to laugh though, all the people cranking over the anytime to dine now option, why don't they just book the same time every night???? Hmmm?? Yes, missing the same waiter might be a bummer but seriously people, think out of your boxes. :cool:

278 days can NOT come soon enough for me with another dam snow storm this morning!!!

Thank you Tina for sharing this document.

By the way I recall you posted somewhere about booking hotels. Which ones were good and closer to the port. Have to start planning this if I keep the current cruise on 3/21/15.

Thank you Tina for sharing this document.

By the way I recall you posted somewhere about booking hotels. Which ones were good and closer to the port. Have to start planning this if I keep the current cruise on 3/21/15.

You know, I wanted the Double Tree which is close to the port and had a great rate but it sold out about a week after the bookings opened. We are going to park and cruise which is the first time for us seeing as we usually fly. With that being said, I ended up choosing the Hampton Inn at a great AAA rate that includes a full breakfast and when I looked at the exact same hotel about a month or so ago for our date, the price went from $71 to $134 per night. :eek: So I'm glad I booked so early and it was even refundable too.

There is a Howard Johnson closer to the port than Hampton Inn but it got terrible reviews so I would rather drive just a few more miles and get a better place.

We are opting to park at the pier instead of getting a park & cruise package due to the fact that I've called and you either have to take a taxi or the shuttle only picks you up at certain times and it being in January, we would rather have a car there so we can just get in and go. We've had to wait for awhile in FL when we've booked a limo return and I'm not liking that in the dead of winter plus I'm an "anxious annie" and will make Mike get to the port by 10am...LOL :D

Hope this helps a little bit.