Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

New video about the Quantum of the Seas:

The nuts and bolts of building Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/394/the-nuts-and-bolts-of-quantum-of-the-seas-building-the-next-royal-caribbean-masterpiece/

Another fluff video that was more about Meyer Werft than the Quantum. Didn't really reveal anything special about building her. Too bad there was no new images of the ship. We always seem to get dated ones from Royal Caribbean. Nice images, but not up-to-date. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tough as Leather

Hi everyone!

How you doing?

I’m a German guy I apologize for my English.

I'm so fascinated of cruise vessel and the technology. I actually interested more behind the scenes.

When I was reading the first Information about the “project sunshine” they have talked about 158,000 Gross Tonnage

During the planning process they change to 167,800 Gross Tonnage 16 Decks

Now I have found on Meyers German website 176,800 Gross Tonnage 18 Decks

Maybe they permute 6 and 7 or that’s why it is so secret.

Greeting René

http://www.meyerwerft.de/de/meyerwerft_de/schiffe/kreuzfahrtschiffe/royal_caribbean_international/projekt_sunshine/projekt_sunshine.jsp

Hi everyone!

How you doing?

I'm so fascinated of cruise vessel and the technology. I actually interested more behind the scenes.

When I was reading the first Information about the “project sunshine” they have talked about 158,000 Gross Tonnage

Greeting René

http://www.meyerwerft.de/de/meyerwerft_de/schiffe/kreuzfahrtschiffe/royal_caribbean_international/projekt_sunshine/projekt_sunshine.jsp

IF that is the case, it would sound to me like they are adding a viking crown lounge area and 2 decks of loft suites - similar to Oasis class. With the gross tonnage difference, it doesn't seem like enough difference to add two full decks.

We'll see...

Edited by The Grumpus

Hi everyone!

How you doing?

Greeting René

You’re probably right. They likely accidentally swapped the numbers 6 & 7.

As for the 18 decks, officially the ship does have 18 decks. There are two deck s below Deck ‘1’.

18DECKS_zpsef55b0d3.png

You’re probably right. They likely accidentally swapped the numbers 6 & 7.

As for the 18 decks, officially the ship does have 18 decks. There are two deck s below Deck ‘1’.

18DECKS_zpsef55b0d3.png

Yep, that's the 18 decks. The size difference may be the use of BRZ instead of GRT though. Not sure how much of a difference it makes but I know in the past I've seen both numbers listed for some ships with slightly different amounts. Don't know enough about the difference between GRT, gt, BRZ, and BRT to explain them.

Here's a photo that includes the bow completed...posted just 3 hours ago by another poster on their site - now it looks like a full ship:

844451806.jpg?1395237917

This is the Meyer Werft webcam image. It's updated every Monday morning and subsequently posted in this thread pretty much every week. She's a beaut!!

This is the Meyer Werft webcam image. It's updated every Monday morning and subsequently posted in this thread pretty much every week. She's a beaut!!

And there's still the upper tip of the bow to come. THEN she can have a bow. :D

Where on the ship is this located? (I am thinking that block has since been attached to the build).. :)

You can see where it is located in this photo. The Q is barely visible behind some railing (see yellow square)!

Quantumbowpiece_zps34d0eac1.jpg

Looking at the latest picture, is the theater foreword of the construction or just hard to spot? Not seeing any thing that looks like it yet.

If you mean the latest webcam image, the theater is hidden under the deck visible in the bow. You can see the upper tiers of the theater seating in the February 24 2014 webcam image:

February242014MWHall6webcamimage_zps85083598.jpg

A good close-up of it was visible in the February 3 2014 Hall 6 webcam image:

February32014MWHall5webcamimage_zps07c1590d.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555