Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I think it's possible that they float out the 2. part of Anthem and the Quantum in a single day. But it would be also possible that there are some days between them. I really don't know.

Unfortunately, I have no information about it. Maybe I will write a email to Meyer Werft in May. (I hope that I don't bother them:D)

I do think so, because the only option to leave the building dock afloat is the front door and the outside basin. And this area is open to the public.

I'm guessing you will be there with a camera!

WOW, THANK YOU!!!! This is exactly the picture I've been waiting for as our room is going to be one of the cabins that are right at the beginning of the hump. I wanted to see what the balcony is going to be like since it looked on the deck plans that it would be a little bigger. Woo-hoo!! Makes up for the obstructed view! :D

Hahahahaha. I was so focused on the Quantum in the background and the size of the little people, I didn't even notice they were standing on Anthem (i presume) until I read this. :o Been reading this thread for months and I still don't know what I'm looking at, I guess. :p

Once you pointed it out, i was psyched to see the beginning-hump balcony, too. We had a D1 on the front of the hump, and when we upgraded to a suite our friends took our D1, so I've been hoping they get a huge balcony out of it. That one in the pic looks pretty sweet.

Yup. It's not the Quantum of the Seas. Didn't notice when looked at it quickly on my phone, but now that I check it out on computer, it seems as if the website made a booboo. Thanks for sharing anyhow. :)

Doesn't look like a booboo to me. The photo of Quantum is below the paragraph. The photo above the paragraph is NCL Getaway. All the ship photos are listed below the related paragraphs.

For once they left the front door open!

Nice view of the Anthem of the Seas for a change (in the foreground with one of its lifeboat supports in view) with the Quantum of the Seas in the background (you can just make out the newly installed solarium and bridge).

RmKranephoto1_zps4d881b72.jpg

That is an awesome photo you found. We do not often get to see from this POV unless there is a floatout. Thanks for posting!

The research vessel "Sonne" will leave the building dock I on Saturday the 5th. Then, they want to use the free space for Anthem blocks. Maybe, we will get some interesting views from the following webcam images.

Press release (germany only): http://www.meyerwerft.de/de/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_16065.jsp

Well if you want to see the Sonne and a Quantum of the Seas block in the background behind a Meyer Werft employee being interviewed in hall 5, here is something brief to watch.

Hi Lloyd.

Thank you for your constant vigilance for all things Quantum and Anthem related. You have really kept this thread alive!!!

Keep up the great work!

Eric

I enjoy doing it. Thanks to a minion or two who are always prepared to help!! ;)

I said PREPARED!

HUH?

minionatlocker_zps46e551de.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Azipods installed

[ATTACH]308437[/ATTACH]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I saw Royal Caribbean PR tweeted that earlier. The thing that caught my eye was that there is just two. Maybe someone with more engineering knowledge can explain it a little more, but this seems odd to me. The Voyager/Freedom class has 2 azipods that rotate and one fixed pod in the middle. The Oasis class has three azipods that all rotate. If this class is planned to be the next Radiance class and take on more port intensive itineraries you would think they would want to up the power rather than down grading it. It also seems really odd after the number of issues they've had recently. The Allure limped with just 2 pods for months using an altered itinerary. The Adventure just lost a fortune in refunds due to an issue with one of the pods preventing her from operating properly. When we did our transatlantic in 2012 we didn't know it at the time, but apparently her middle pod had no blades because they got damaged and couldn't be repaired until dry dock. Seems like with all these issues having 3 pods put them in a better situation to continue at some level with one down. With only 2 it's going to be incredibly hard for her to limp back to NYC with only one pod if something goes wrong.

Hey

They have a different power. For example th freedom class has Azipods with a power of 14MW.

The Quantum class will have a populusion power of 20.5 MW like on the Oasis class and because of that the Quantum will only have two. The whole Quantum ship will have a Azipod power of 40.1 MW

:)

Edited by Royalnici

The research vessel "Sonne" will leave the building dock I on Saturday the 5th. Then, they want to use the free space for Anthem blocks. Maybe, we will get some interesting views from the following webcam images.

Press release (germany only): http://www.meyerwerft.de/de/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_16065.jsp

Sonnefloatout_zpseacf8774.jpg

You can tell that they’ve already got a head start on storing Anthem blocks in Hall 5!

MaybelatestphotoincludesAnthemblocksfrombil_de_zps5c530343.jpg

Photo courtesy bild.de

Included are some of the Anthem’s SeaPlex blocks (left side of photo below).

similarblockinbckgrndrhatispartofQuantumSeaplexmaybefrombil_de_zps38f16e52.jpg

Photo courtesy schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de

It seems like we just saw the same block for the Quantum (shown below & in post #1281 of this thread). Note the earlier build of Sonne can be seen off to the left.

quan21091326_zpsa6411400.jpg

And here’s a recent good close-up of one of the Anthem's SeaPlex's huge upper windows.

AnthemSeaPlexpodwindow_Hall5screengrabfromInselvideovideo_zps0f52e3ea.jpg

It’s amazing to see Anthem blocks appearing over the last weeks, while the Quantum’s own superstructure is completed, making the builds of these sister ships seems to be happening so quickly. Here we are checking the webcam image each Monday to see the Quantum near its completion, and glad to see how she finally will look, and meanwhile the Anthem is coming up behind her with her own blocks. It’s getting me interested in the Anthem's build as well, even though we’ve been there, done that with her sister. :rolleyes:

With the Sonne gone from Hall 5, I wonder if Monday’s Meyer Werft webcam page will show the bow (or the stern?!) of the Quantum in one image AND the Sonne outside of Hall 5 or the Anthem in Hall 6 in the other image?

Edited by Lloyd555

It’s amazing to see Anthem blocks appearing over the last weeks, while the Quantum’s own superstructure is completed, making the builds of these sister ships seems to be happening so quickly. Here we are checking the webcam image each Monday to see the Quantum near its completion, and glad to see how she finally will look, and meanwhile the Anthem is coming up behind her with her own blocks. It’s getting me interested in the Anthem's build as well, even though we’ve been there, done that with her sister. :rolleyes:

With the Sonne gone from Hall 5, I wonder if Monday’s Meyer Werft webcam page will show the bow (or the stern?!) of the Quantum in one image AND the Sonne outside of Hall 5 or the Anthem in Hall 6 in the other image?

I'd be happy to see the anthem of the Seas in one of the webcam images. I want to see her growth. You are right. The speed at which both ships are progressing is amazing.

Lloyd- Great pictures of Anthem blocks. The other interesting thing is that while we have seen some similar blocks we get a different view and perhaps see some more details we did not see before. When you think of it, via the NCL ships and Sonne (webcam and journalist) we were able to see more of the Quantum class build than provided by RCI or MW media. As noted above, now that Sonne is out of Hall 5 will the webcam still be on with Anthem blocks?

Lloyd- Great pictures of Anthem blocks. The other interesting thing is that while we have seen some similar blocks we get a different view and perhaps see some more details we did not see before. When you think of it, via the NCL ships and Sonne (webcam and journalist) we were able to see more of the Quantum class build than provided by RCI or MW media. As noted above, now that Sonne is out of Hall 5 will the webcam still be on with Anthem blocks?

Good point. I wonder if RCI will be as secretive with the Anthem? Maybe we'll see more pics from them and other sites. Heck, at this point, I dont know why we can't see more Quantum pics from RCI? Well, we've covered that point before!

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

Good point. I wonder if RCI will be as secretive with the Anthem? Maybe we'll see more pics from them and other sites. Heck, at this point, I dont know why we can't see more Quantum pics from RCI? Well, we've covered that point before!

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

Llyod, I can honestly say that the pictures and the others in this thread have posted are what are making this ship interesting to me. RC has not done anything to draw my interest to the ship. IMHO their lack luster itineraries aren't helping.

However I do find the ship interesting even with their poor/slow approach to marketing the ship. I am thinking summer 2015 might be the year for Quantum for us.

Thanks to you and all the others for posting great pics.

Andrew