Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Here is a cabin from a NCL ship:

13949172839_eab58824e4.jpg

Have they started to push them in ??

There was a documenntry on building a big Cruise Ship on Cable hosted by Danny

Went though the whole process of building a cabin and shipping it

wrapped up in plastic to the Ship which was xxx klms away .

I think it will be Oasis 3 Keel Block being laid. Then again will all the surprises lately from RCI you never know.

Does it seem like MW has now relaxed the rules on picture taking in Hall 6?

I'll say that they have relaxed the rules when I see more photos taken from inside the hall AND inside the ship. Make that photos of views we have yet to see.

I wouldn't mind a bird's eye view of the whole ship from stern to bow. Would like to see the inside of the ship under construction. And of course, still holding out for the RipCord construction photos, and a view of the inside of a cabin deck from one end to the other BEFORE and DURING cabin installation.

I've enjoyed ,and I am thankful for, the photos they have published so far, and perhaps RCI will finally add new never-before-seen photos to the gallery on the press center web page (as well as all the ones they have tweeted so far!). Oh, well. We shall see.

Edited by Lloyd555

I'll say that they have relaxed the rules when I see more photos taken from inside the hall AND inside the ship. Make that photos of views we have yet to see.

I wouldn't mind a bird's eye view of the whole ship from stern to bow. Would like to see the inside of the ship under construction. And of course, still holding out for the RipCord construction photos, and a view of the inside of a cabin deck from one end to the other BEFORE and DURING cabin installation.

I've enjoyed ,and I am thankful for, the photos they have published so far, and perhaps RCI will finally add new never-before-seen photos to the gallery on the press center web page (as well as all the ones they have tweeted so far!). Oh, well. We shall see.

Amen to that, RCI adding new photos. I agree with you on the photos shared thus far and going way back to when the NCL ships were being built to the many tourist pictures. Many thanks to all.

I think it will be Oasis 3 Keel Block being laid. Then again will all the surprises lately from RCI you never know.

Does it seem like MW has now relaxed the rules on picture taking in Hall 6?

An Oasis 3 it is.

BnLonOkCQAE5Ldn.jpg

la-commande-dun-nouveau-paquebot-geant-confirmee.jpg

la-commande-dun-nouveau-paquebot-confirmee.jpg

The ship construction is out in the open. Everybody and their chien can take photos of this build.

And Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. announced today that it has agreed with STX France to move forward on the order of a fourth Oasis-class ship for delivery in 2018.

Edited by Lloyd555

An Oasis 3 it is.

BnLonOkCQAE5Ldn.jpg

la-commande-dun-nouveau-paquebot-geant-confirmee.jpg

la-commande-dun-nouveau-paquebot-confirmee.jpg

The ship construction is out in the open. Everybody and their chien can take photos of this build.

And Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. announced today that it has agreed with STX France to move forward on the order of a fourth Oasis-class ship for delivery in 2018.

Oh, no you didn't! I shouldn't have dared you! LOL!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42707821#post42707821

You said you wouldn't start posting Oasis 3 pics! On the other hand, Lloyd, you do speak French. You could translate! :D

Noooo! If I geek out over the Oasis 3 as well, just keel me!

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

Here's fully hoping you geek out over Oasis 3! :D Can we expect a similar "Oasis 3 keel blocks are in the 'house' née yard"?

Very exciting about Oasis 4! The sea levels will be rising by 2018 with 4 of those big girls out there :p

Lloyd - Thanks for posting the Pictures of the Oasis 3 pictures. You should start a new thread "Oasis 3 Keel Blocks are in the house"

Edit 2: And I see that you did start a new thread. Excellent!

And RCI continues to surprise us as we suspected with the announcement of Oasis 4. Does this mean also no more Quantum Class ships as they think (and most others do) that the Oasis Class has been and remain a hit for a long time?

Edit 1: From RCCL Press release

“The Oasis Class was a revolution in maritime design when it was launched in 2009. Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas continue to be in a class by themselves both in terms of guest satisfaction and financial returns. Today’s announcement is a reflection of their success,” said Richard D. Fain, chairman and chief executive officer, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. “We are thrilled to announce the order of a fourth Oasis-class ship during the keel-laying milestone of the third. This announcement is also a testament to the men and women of STX France who have worked so hard and so cooperatively on Oasis III.”

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Here's fully hoping you geek out over Oasis 3! :D Can we expect a similar "Oasis 3 keel blocks are in the 'house' née yard"?

Very exciting about Oasis 4! The sea levels will be rising by 2018 with 4 of those big girls out there :p

Lloyd - Thanks for posting the Pictures of the Oasis 3 pictures. You should start a new thread "Oasis 3 Keel Blocks are in the house"

And RCI continues to surprise us as we suspected with the announcement of Oasis 4. Does this mean also no more Quantum Class ships as they think (and most others do) that the Oasis Class has been and remain a hit for a long time?

Edit: From RCCL Press release

“The Oasis Class was a revolution in maritime design when it was launched in 2009. Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas continue to be in a class by themselves both in terms of guest satisfaction and financial returns. Today’s announcement is a reflection of their success,” said Richard D. Fain, chairman and chief executive officer, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. “We are thrilled to announce the order of a fourth Oasis-class ship during the keel-laying milestone of the third. This announcement is also a testament to the men and women of STX France who have worked so hard and so cooperatively on Oasis III.”

Tough as Leather dared me to start one earlier this morning. ...

Oasis 3 Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039256

Edited by Lloyd555

Tough as Leather dared me to start one earlier this morning. ...

Oasis 3 Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039256

Hahaha! For all of here who have been following, lets agree that "House" in this instance means the ship building house both inside and outside.

Some college instructors visit Meyer Werft and get a close-up visit. They met with the outgoing head of training in the shipyard, Dirks Kreutzmann, and discussed the training situation with students.

May62014-collegestudentsgetacloseupvisit_zps63aed5c2.jpg

May62014-collegestudentsgetacloseupvisit1_zps5a2ceaa9.jpg

Photos by H. Rosenthal

Edited by Lloyd555

Nice photo, TasL! I guess that they have to store the blocks somewhere when the halls are filled!

But onto serious matters!! ;)

The white oval tube structure mystery has been solved. OK, so it's not that serious.

I inquired and it turns out that they're part of the decorative/protective(?) structures that will cover the stairway and access ramp(?) to/from deck 15 on each side of the deck 14 pool. It is those white oval structures on each side of the outdoor tv in the rendering.

TubularframesMYSTERY_zps04ca1897.jpg

Nice photo, TasL! I guess that they have to store the blocks somewhere when the halls are filled!

The white oval tube structure mystery has been solved. OK, so it's not that serious.

I inquired and it turns out that they're part of the decorative/protective(?) structures that will cover the stairway and access ramp(?) to/from deck 15 on each side of the deck 14 pool. It is those white oval structures on each side of the outdoor tv in the rendering.

Well, we've been seeing them a lot on the deck in recent photos from visitors. Nice to know what they are. We will know for sure when we finaly get to see new RCI pictures of that area .. or passenger photos -- which ever comes first!!! :D

Edited by Cutesy Pie Lover

Are those tubular round things THAT big? It is hard to tell with nothing nearby to relate them to size-wise except a huge ship and big blocks.

Are those tubular round things THAT big? It is hard to tell with nothing nearby to relate them to size-wise except a huge ship and big blocks.

They are for zip lines from the North Star ???

Here are two photos with people in them to help show how big the oval shapes are:

whitetubularstructures_zpse6a70da9.jpg

They are for zip lines from the North Star ???

I don't think that those are zip lines. Shortest.Ride.Ever. :)

Here are two photos with people in them to help show how big the oval shapes are:

whitetubularstructures_zpse6a70da9.jpg

I don't think that those are zip lines. Shortest.Ride.Ever. :)

Cool. They are way bigger than I thought they were.

It's not the 1st time someone said those were zip lines. These lines run to the what I finally figured out is the staircase and loading/docking area for the North Star. I had to look at these images of this spot - a mock-up and these screen grabs from the RCI promotional video to get it :rolleyes:.

You can see tiny triangular flags on the lines as well. Not zip lines. :D

quantum-of-the-seas-northstar-mockup_zpsa3b92880.jpg

NorthStarloading_dockingarea2pics_zps389fa393.jpg

Hello,

here is an update of the "Quantum of the Seas", seen in the shipyard at Papenburg this week.

18251862mh.jpg

Check out in my video:

Greetings from Germany.

Edited by Dji77n