Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Nice photo from RCI PR. Wonder if it's the new outdoor webcam? ;)

BpI_5bDCcAA6Llz.jpg:large

Very nice picture.

I find it interesting that with all the secrecy and hype RC put out/restricted, changing the home port on Quantum, Anthem emerges first out and in style (although not complete).

I have just finished my video. I hope you enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=kZvyfbzP6vg

It's a very impressive video. You capture a lot of great detail. Thank you for sharing.

Hope that you had a good time videotaping the event.

Edit: I guess you didn't see Inselvideo's giant pigeon. :D

Edited by Lloyd555

It's a very impressive video. You capture a lot of great detail. Thank you for sharing.

Hope that you had a good time videotaping the event.

Edit: I guess you didn't see Inselvideo's giant pigeon. :D

Thanks! It was a really nice day! Luckily, there were not as many spectators as usual and no huge fence at the quay wall. That made it easy to get nice shots.

I saw a pigeon at normal size.;) It seemed to be very tame. Maybe a carrier pigeon...

I have just finished my video. I hope you enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=kZvyfbzP6vg

Thank you and great video. As Lloyd noted above you captured a lot of up close details. One of the few times I have seen a video were the operator zoomed into those orange rollers/bumpers on the side of the building dock to help guide the ship out. Also what is that thing on the side of the ship about 2.16 minutes or so into your video. Is that something damaged or something else?

I saw that and thought it might be the location for the stabilizers.

Too late to edit my last response. Question I had is, isn't that section more towards the aft of the ship? Stabilizers are usually installed more mid to forward if I am not mistaken?

Thank you and great video.

Also what is that thing on the side of the ship about 2.16 minutes or so into your video. Is that something damaged or something else?

Thanks. I was wondering about this part, too. First I thought it could be a part of the stabilizer. But as you can see at 2:24 and in the following shots, this part is only at the starboard side. That's why I believe that it is simply a part which forms a flat surface to tighten the section at the pier.

Thanks. I was wondering about this part, too. First I thought it could be a part of the stabilizer. But as you can see at 2:24 and in the following shots, this part is only at the starboard side. That's why I believe that it is simply a part which forms a flat surface to tighten the section at the pier.

Thanks for the update on that. Again, many thanks for all the work you do and sharing with us here.

A short video with a view into hall 6 with the Quantum and a few blocks for the Anthem:

Another great Video. At about .50 min into it the Anthem Bridge is visible in front of those blocks on the left. Also visible on the last of the three photos you posted above. Thank you!

Another great Video. At about .50 min into it the Anthem Bridge is visible in front of those blocks on the left. Also visible on the last of the three photos you posted above. Thank you!

Noticed the bridge too. Nice seeing Quantum-class parts that we may have missed the first time around. :)

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

Noticed the bridge too. Nice seeing Quantum-class parts that we may have missed the first time around. :)

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

Yes indeed. These recent photos and videos have been very interesting with great reveals. Wish I was in Hall 6 to actually see the re-joining of the Anthem sections back as one whole ship.

RCI has put some photos on their site of Sunday's float out of the Anthem 'megablock' as they call it.

Kind of like that, as opposed to 'section'.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/news-topic/36/construction/2/images/

As they put it: A megablock from Anthem of the Seas is put into position at the Meyer... Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. The block is approximately 120 meters in length, 41, 4 meters wide and has a height of 60 meters.

low_1401723661_Anthem-of-the-Seas-MG-1756-small.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

The fact that the Anthem was able to easily be broken into these sections makes me wonder if they designed her to leave the option open for an addition to be added in the future. After the Enchantment others were to be lengthened as well but they found the costs were not worth the benefit. I wonder if things were to change in the future if they may try to extend one of these. No matter what it's always better to have the option and not use it than to not have it and want it.

Edited by DEIx15x8

This morning a fire broke out "Quantum of the Seas" in the cabin section of the cruise ship under construction, located in the building dock Hall 6.

Two people were wounded slightly. Staff and Visitor Center were evacuated. The fire is according to shipyard spokesman Peter Hackmann under control.

http://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/480600/feuer-auf-der-papenburger-meyer-werft-1

meyer_full_3.jpg

http://www.noz.de

Edited by Lloyd555