Hosting a CC Meet & Greet

kcellup

:confused:

I'm not a drinker so I wouldn't pay 12 bucks to attend. I've attended meet and greets on ncl where free snack and juices were provided no alcohol for free and all the ships officers came by... And when I say officer I mean the captain hotel director chief engineer cd all the main department heads

???? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I too have been on other Cruise Lines and had other experiences, but this is a CCL thread!

Do children have to pay $12.00 also?

thanks

Per the previous poster, they do offer an under 21 price that includes all of the snacks and virgin drinks. However, I know our open bar party would not have been a place for young children.

Also, we had a couple that were non-drinkers and wanted to attend with their friends. I sent guest services an email and they allowed and exception to the rules so that they were able to attend and got the virgin drinks and soft drinks at the child's rate.

We used nametags for everyone and then had two different colored armbands to indicate drinking vs. non-drinking.

NOTE: Keep a copy of EMAILS and EVERYTHING that you receive from Guest Services concerning the event. I had to produce the email showing the exception above for the couple to get the reduced charge.

Per the previous poster, they do offer an under 21 price that includes all of the snacks and virgin drinks. However, I know our open bar party would not have been a place for young children.

Also, we had a couple that were non-drinkers and wanted to attend with their friends. I sent guest services an email and they allowed and exception to the rules so that they were able to attend and got the virgin drinks and soft drinks at the child's rate.

We used nametags for everyone and then had two different colored armbands to indicate drinking vs. non-drinking.

NOTE: Keep a copy of EMAILS and EVERYTHING that you receive from Guest Services concerning the event. I had to produce the email showing the exception above for the couple to get the reduced charge.

We asked the same question when we had about 4 non-drinkers wanting to attend. The CCL rep said all adults pay adult rate regardless if they drink non-alcoholic drinks or not. So Absolutely get a statement to the contrary in writing from CCL.

I think they offer a completely non-alcoholic party option, but I will have to dig out my price list to be sure.

So I saw before that there is a number to call to get a 1 hour M&G with open bar and apps for around $12 pp for 20 people. So heres my question, Does one person pay up front? or do you pay when you get there? What happens if 15 people show up? How does this work?

Try something different like a cabin crawl to see how different people in your group decorated their cabins, or just meet around a bar area, and they can pay for their own drinks. I'm not one to readily pay for something like an open bar and apps for $12pp. You get stuck with a hefty bill because someone forgot to pay you, or...

So I saw before that there is a number to call to get a 1 hour M&G with open bar and apps for around $12 pp for 20 people. So heres my question, Does one person pay up front? or do you pay when you get there? What happens if 15 people show up? How does this work?

I ran one on the Triumph last year and every one paid thru pay pal. On the day of event a Carnival rep came into the party and did a head count and that was the charge added to my SS account. I made a list and name badges for everyone that paid so all was well. We had a blast. We chose 2 hrs and after the M&G everyone (36) came up to our aft-wrap cabin and we partied on our balcony! What a great event!!!

:)

I ran one on the Triumph last year and every one paid thru pay pal. On the day of event a Carnival rep came into the party and did a head count and that was the charge added to my SS account. I made a list and name badges for everyone that paid so all was well. We had a blast. We chose 2 hrs and after the M&G everyone (36) came up to our aft-wrap cabin and we partied on our balcony! What a great event!!!
:D:D

Like I said, it is not hard to set these up, just need someone or two to get it together and that's it!....:) I also recommend the 2 hr option! We charged everyone $21, gave $19.55 to CCL and the rest went to the bar staff!!:) And someone started another bucket of tips... toward the end of the party!:)

• 3 weeks later...
Can you add to the amount of people at the cocktail party by paying Carnival the extra $ ?

In other words let's say the cocktail M&G is planned for the 2nd day and the 20 have already paid.

Can those "extras" pay the additional amounts to the customer service desk in advance or at the party itself?

Yes! I added several people to my last one as they did not charge my account until the morning of the party!:) I just had the additional people pay me cash!;)

:):D:D

Like I said, it is not hard to set these up, just need someone or two to get it together and that's it!....:) I also recommend the 2 hr option! We charged everyone $21, gave $19.55 to CCL and the rest went to the bar staff!!:) And someone started another bucket of tips... toward the end of the party!:)

At our party on Liberty 2 years ago, the CCL rep made us remove the "tip bucket" from the bar. She said we could tip if we desired, but the ship policy was to not have the bucket visible.

If people want to have an open bar party that drink alcoholic beverages that would be a great idea we have had that several times and kids show up they will give them whatever they want (non alcoholic). If people don't want to drink have a Meet and Greet without open bar however contact John Heald on facebook www.facebook.com/johnheald 1 week prior to sailing. he will set up a room just give him the room you want (you may not always get it) give him time and how many people are coming. If you want to have bar waiters let him know( people pay for own drinks).They will have a bottle of champagne there for whoever wins the ship trivia the Entertainment staff does. Happy planning!!!:D

Yes! I added several people to my last one as they did not charge my account until the morning of the party!:) I just had the additional people pay me cash!;)

While this may work OK for some, IMHO, I don't recommend the CASH at the door as a last minute way to pay for the party. Using the Carnival E-Gift Cards works until the Host can no longer access email. Usually, the last day or so prior to sailing.

Just before the event starts, the Host will be busy with the CCL Group Rep getting setup, someone else (hopefully) will be checking people in, giving out name tags, and if you are having a raffle, another person will be collecting that money and giving out tickets etc. :)

And don't forget, the HOST and HELPERS all want to get their drinks as well as mingle etc. So the less time spent at the door, the better for all....again IMHO!:)

Also, CCL should not charge the Host's acct, until the final headcount is taken at the party by the Group Rep, sometimes at the beginning or mid-party. Mine wasn't charged until the next day.....

[/color]

At our party on Liberty 2 years ago, the CCL rep made us remove the "tip bucket" from the bar. She said we could tip if we desired, but the ship policy was to not have the bucket visible.

Wow! Our CCL rep left after about 10 minutes into the party and didn't return until very near the end! The bucket got passed around and was not on the bar or a table. So that's a good point if tipping extra.

Wow, I hope people keep posting here... I love all the info! how about some party pictures!!!:cool:

Ha,Ha, pictures of the party :eek:

Like Vegas, " What happen's on the ship,stay's on the ship " :p LOL

Wow, I hope people keep posting here... I love all the info! how about some party pictures!!!:cool:

Here's a link to our Dec 8th, 2012 Open Bar Party (OBP)..

Notice the Red Solo Cup Theme.....Proceed to Party!:D:D

https://picasaweb.google.com/jwpullum/FascinationOBPDec2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCM31oIuEjf6d_AE&feat=directlink

I think our May 11th pics are on a FB page.......:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
For the 19.55 price - Does that include tax and tip? Do they provide any snacks with that price? Thank you for any responses.

The $19.55 price is for 2 hours of Open Bar, Dry Snacks (chips/goldfish etc) and Tips. Taxes are not charged. We always asked for everyone to put in $21, to give the Bar Staff an additional tip, but it is not required.

It only takes 3 or so drinks to cover the $21 cost, so even with the Cheers pkg, it is still a great deal, and doesn't count toward the Cheers limit.

Note, the prices are subject to change, so I would always ask the group rep to send an updated party price list, which shows all of the available options.

prices given to me in prep for our cruise in Sept:

1/hr 9.95

1.5/hr 14.50

2/hr 17.00

2.5/hr 21.00

3/hr 25.00

Must add on a 15% service charge. Also there are some other options for open beer, mimosas, pre poured drinks and stuff like that. only $8-8.50 per hour. Can tack on souvenir glass for 3.55 each.

I think everyone in our roll call wants the longest possible drinking option lol

Ed

prices given to me in prep for our cruise in Sept:

1/hr 9.95

1.5/hr 14.50

2/hr 17.00

2.5/hr 21.00

3/hr 25.00

Must add on a 15% service charge. Also there are some other options for open beer, mimosas, pre poured drinks and stuff like that. only $8-8.50 per hour. Can tack on souvenir glass for 3.55 each.

I think everyone in our roll call wants the longest possible drinking option lol

Ed

The group rep will email an entire price list to the host if asked. It has several options. If I can locate my last one, I will see about posting it here.

$17 + 15% =$19.55. :) I have not heard of any group doing longer than 2 hours, so I am looking forward to hearing from any folks who may have?? :confused::eek:

I am not even sure I could make it thru a 3 hour party!!!:D:D

The group rep will email an entire price list to the host if asked. It has several options. If I can locate my last one, I will see about posting it here.

$17 + 15% =$19.55. :) I have not heard of any group doing longer than 2 hours, so I am looking forward to hearing from any folks who may have?? :confused::eek:

I am not even sure I could make it thru a 3 hour party!!!:D:D

I have the full pdf but it is too big to attach here. It has every option you could think of to host a private anything more or less. Food, drinks, full blown luncheons etc.

• 1 month later...
Here's a link to our Dec 8th, 2012 Open Bar Party (OBP)..

Notice the Red Solo Cup Theme.....Proceed to Party!:D:D

https://picasaweb.google.com/jwpullum/FascinationOBPDec2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCM31oIuEjf6d_AE&feat=directlink

I think our May 11th pics are on a FB page.......:cool:

Ok questions abound, did you create the RED SOLO CUPS, or were they designed by the participants for a contest? They are so cute, luv, luv luv it! The pictures are great!

i attended jwjax's open bar party in may and it was great! he has the whole process down pat to make it easy for the attendees!

one thing i've noticed over time - it seems easier on roll calls to refer to meet and greet, meaning strictly meeting other members, putting faces with names, byod if desired, etc. as the meet and greet.

the open bar party was a whole 'nother separate thing and was always referred to as open bar party or OBP.

(thanks again jwjax - DH and i are still giggling over our OBP!)

Ok questions abound, did you create the RED SOLO CUPS, or were they designed by the participants for a contest? They are so cute, luv, luv luv it! The pictures are great!

There were several folks who were Toby Keith Fans and they organized the Red Solo Cup thing. One cup that wasn't pictured and was the best, was a Red Solo Bucket they created for the Organizer- Dr. Buckets! It was a good theme for the party, but everyone didn't bring a decorated cup. Some just brought a Red Solo Cup.....and proceeded to Party!!:D:D

I would love to attend an OBP, and I would even be willing to organize one- if my roll call was active. Don't get my wrong, everyone is nice, but honestly its just not very active, there may be one or two posts every couple of days. I've been on some roll calls (on other forums for land vacations), where I feel like these people are my friends before I even meet them.

We set up a time to meet at the resort and just have a blast.

I am going to extend a "unofficial" meet and greet invitation at one of the bars on board, hopefully we will get a chance to meet a few members. This way I won't have an liability if many don't show up, and I don't have to worry about non-drinkers.

We'll see how this goes- 5 weeks left!

Archived