Hair dryers in cabins?

I found the hair dryer quite ok for my short, quick and easy styled hair, but you do have to hold the button down :(

I think if you had long hair that took a long time to do you should probably carry your own.

I had planned to take my own because of what I'd read on cc, but abandoned it when my suitcase began to get a little squeasy. I ended up quite satisfied with what was provided in the stateroom.

We were on the Freedom and they have them. My hair is just past my shoulders and after 3 minutes of use, it shut off and wouldn't turn back on. But, I was using a brush and "straightening" it with the blow dryer just like I do at home. I was pretty disappointed. So no hair dryer for me = horrible hair for the last formal night. :(

Here's one important tip, learned from personal experience:

The hair dryers are hot enough to set off the room's heat detector if you are standing, so sit down while you're drying your hair. ;)

And...they don't blow very hard. Bring your own if your hair is important!!

What an inane comment. :rolleyes:

My hair is as "important" to me as anyone else's is to them, I guess, and I found the ship's hair dryers perfectly fine for my hair. Please read Post #5 just above if you want some good USEFUL advice.

I have very thick hair that's quite long, and I found the hairdryer onboard to dry my hair as quickly and efficiently as my dryer at home.

Unlike the above poster, I use a flat iron to style my hair, and not the dryer.

If the dryer turned itself off while I was styling my hair, then I would have requested a different dryer from guest services. We had a dryer that didn't work at all on Mariner, and guest services replaced it with a regular Conair dryer like we have at home.

Also, keep in mind that the hair dryers are located in the living quarters and not in the bathroom as they are at home and in hotels.

Yep, it was in a drawer in the living area, but also right by a mirror, so no problem.

And...they don't blow very hard. Bring your own if your hair is important!!

I have really thick hair and never had a problem. If you hold it in just the right position, there's no issue at all with keeping the button down.

Archived