Cruising out of Miami but flying out of Ft Lauderdale Taxi or Transfer

flipflops55

Hi Everyone,

We are booked 7/13/2013 on Liberty, can't wait.

We are flying in and out of Ft Lauderdale but cruise is leaving from Miami. Getting to port is not a problem we are going a day ahead. I was wondering if it is cheaper or wiser to take taxi or go with Carnivals transfer. We dock 8 am our flight is 11:45. I contacted Carnival and they said it was plenty of time to make the flight. I've read taxi could be expensive and traffic is an issue. Any input would help.

everyoe here will tell you to use SAS. However be careful They were a noshow to pick us up when we stayed in FLL. They were supposed to pick us up at our hotel. We had a confirmation number from them and a time they would pick us up. When they did not show up we called and left message with our cell #. We never heard from them. We waited over an hour past the time they were CONFIRMED to pick us up and then had to find alternate transportation.

I had a bad experiece with SAS as well.... We just got off the Breeze a few weeks ago in Miami and used MJS to get from the port to FLL..

http://gomjstrans.com/MJS_Trans/Home.html

how did you hear about them? I see they are new ... also do you pay in advance, or when they pick you up? Were they on time? Sorry for so many questions...it's just that we are cruising in hurricane season, Sept., and you never know what time you will get there or get off the ship.

We had a limo service us leave us stranded in Miami a couple of years ago, needed to get to FLL. when we called, as they told us to, they said they didn't have a car available until another hour and a half. When we reserved, they told us they had plenty of limos, there would be no problems. Well.. that was wrong for sure... we did get a ride in a van for around 90 bucks... luckily we made it to the airport and did not miss our flights.

That rail looks great. Even has free shuttles from airport to bus station so no need to haul luggage on foot. I have one question. Is this an above ground train? I ask because it might be nice to ride to see boca rotan and west palm beach. ESP for $5 all day on the weekends.

Hi Everyone,

We are flying in and out of Ft Lauderdale but cruise is leaving from Miami. Getting to port is not a problem we are going a day ahead. I was wondering if it is cheaper or wiser to take taxi or go with Carnivals transfer. We dock 8 am our flight is 11:45. I contacted Carnival and they said it was plenty of time to make the flight. I've read taxi could be expensive and traffic is an issue. Any input would help.

We booked go shuttle. We used them time and they were really good.

We used QLS for this round trip transfer a month ago. They were great - efficient email communications, on time, reliable, and friendly. We will use them again.

Warning since you have an early flight: We were surprised at how long it took to get our baggage after we got off the ship. We are Platinum and debarked with Platinum. Then we spent a long time in the Customs line. Unfortunately they did not have a separate line for US citizens. We were not in a hurry because we were spending the night in a FLL hotel.

Hi Everyone,

I've done The Liberty twice, both times flying into FLL because it was cheaper, I used SAS shuttle both times and it's only $15pp I believe Carnival transport is $30 to Fll and I'm sure a taxi is much more.

Depending on the number of people, you might also considering renting a car. I am flying into FLL tomorrow night, renting a car through a new company (I used them in March) called Sixt. Dropping off the car in Miami Beach Thursday morning, a mile or so from the cruise terminal and then cabbing it from there. The car rental was $26 (FLL- Miami Beach for about 10 hours) and we can stop, get drinks, have breakfast, not be worrying about if someone will forget to pick us up, hotel shuttles, etc. There's only 2 of us, so we will probably break even, but so worth it to be on our own schedule.

I will also recommend QLS, found SAS unreliable and the guy answering the phone very rude They dont have a dispatcher, a driver is the one who answers the phone. QLS has a dispatcher and is in constant communication with you on your cell.

I will also recommend QLS, found SAS unreliable and the guy answering the phone very rude They dont have a dispatcher, a driver is the one who answers the phone. QLS has a dispatcher and is in constant communication with you on your cell.

When I dealt with them I spoke with a guy named Steve, it definitely was not Steve who picked me up.

If you need a hotel for the night before, I recommend Hilton Garden Inn near the FLL airport. They have a package that includes the hotel, transportation to and from Miami, and breakfast (and leaving your car if you drive which is what we did).

If you have a late flight, the people on our cruise discovered it was only about $10 more to do the Everglades excursion with Carnival rather than just the shuttle through Carnival back to the airport. And you get to do something fun while waiting for your flight. They store your luggage for you. Easy Peasy.

When we disembarked the Liberty, we were approached several times about shuttles back to FLL right outside the port. Sounded like the going rate was about $15/person.

The shuttle our hotel used was the Fort Lauderdale Shuttle and we had a good experience with them.

Archived