Hummm, I wonder about the Sapphire.

ChrisB123

What are you wondering about??

I have cruised twice on the Diamond Princess, the sister ship to the Sapphire, and it is a wonderful ship...maybe the most beautiful I have been on.

Looks like you will be doing the Mexican Riviera. We did that itinerary and enjoyed it very much. I'm sure you're worrying for no reason. You'll have a wonderful cruise.

I haven't read too much on the boards about the Sapphire. We go Oct 15th and I'm beggining to wonder if I made a mistake about it. Can anyone help me out here?
Why would you think you made a mistake?

Even though I prefer a passenger size of 1950 the Sapphire with its 2700 passengers was a great ship. Did not feel crowded at all. We also did the Sapphire last Oct to Mex. Rivera and would sail her again. We all would like to know why you have reservations about sailing her.

Marilyn

We're on the Sapphire over Christmas for the Mexican Riviera. I figure I'll hang out on my balcony, enjoy being warm (it'll be deep winter here) and relax to the sound of the waves. That's a little bit of heaven.

We were on her sister Diamond last October and we just loved the ship. Enjoyed it so much we are book on The Sapphire the first week in December, we can't wait. You'll have a great time on a wonderful ship.

You should probably try a search in this forum for the word "Sapphire". Of course, it'll bring up all references including upcoming cruises. But you may find out tons of info. As someone else said here, ask specific questions and we'll try to answer.

That said, my family was on the 8/15 cruise last summer and really enjoyed it. My real only complaint has to do with disembarkation. It was chaotic waiting for a taxi -- no number system, no real line -- under a canopy in the pouring rain. I wrote Princess with my idea for improving the mess.

We're on the Sapphire over Christmas for the Mexican Riviera. I figure I'll hang out on my balcony, enjoy being warm (it'll be deep winter here) and relax to the sound of the waves. That's a little bit of heaven.

We'll be on the Sapphire the week before Christmas, we fly home Christmas eve. We usually cruise in January but work duties make that impossible next January.

I am sailing the Sapphire October 8th and know what you mean Chris. I have not been wondering if I made a mistake, however there seems to be twice as many reviews etc... regarding the Diamond when compared to the Sapphire. Part of that I believe is the itenerary though. Until recently the Sapphire was doing Australia and I believe the orient.

The reason I was concerned was a lack of information compared to the other ships. I’d read that disembarkation is a mess on the Sapphire, that it’s pretty, but not much else. I think I understand now WHY there’s not much written about it. The itinerary! It’s been to so MANY different parts of the world. Yes, dh and I are doing the Mexican Rivera. We have an AA mini-suite on dolphin deck. (anyone else had one?) Thanks so much for all of your replies. :D

Chris,

I cannot contribute a recent view of the Sapphire, we sailed on her last summer. I have to say that the Sapphire was our family's very favorite. I know that the dining options were a problem to some, but for us, it was never really an issue. Of course, being a busy wife and mom anytime someone else cooks for me and then cleans up is a wonderful experiance.:D Part of the reason that we enjoyed it so much was that we have already been on all of the other Grand class ships and this one was different, new things to explore and it was bright and shiny new! I think that you will really enjoy the ship. We also had an AA minisuite on Dolphin deck. The minisuites are basically laid out the same as on any of the Grand class ships.If you are wondering about what they look like, there are numerous pictures throughout the boards.The sofa bed was a little different. It appears to be really long but when folded out it is not quite as wide as you would expect, but still very comfortable for our then fourteen year old. You will really appreciate your balcony while traveling. Relax and enjoy your cruise, it is a very nice ship!

Linda

We'll be on the Sapphire the week before Christmas, we fly home Christmas eve. We usually cruise in January but work duties make that impossible next January.

Hello, Paul from Maryland.

I think you and I might be the only cruisers from Rustynail's roll call who still post on the Princess board.

Glad to hear that you're sailing on another "grand" Princess ship. We're going back on the CB January 28 and are looking at the Diamond or Sapphire for an Alaskan cruise to celebrate our 35th anniversary next June. I'll be reading reviews of these two ships in the coming months and will look forward to yours.

Bon Voyage!

Chris & Mike from Michigan

We'll be sailing on the Sapphire on October 15 as well! Joining us will be our two sons, and two of their friends (one of which will be getting married on this cruise); plus additional family members from the west coast and midwest. Right now our group numbers 14, but it may grow larger before long! Can't wait!

Hello, Paul from Maryland.

I think you and I might be the only cruisers from Rustynail's roll call who still post on the Princess board.

Glad to hear that you're sailing on another "grand" Princess ship. We're going back on the CB January 28 and are looking at the Diamond or Sapphire for an Alaskan cruise to celebrate our 35th anniversary next June. I'll be reading reviews of these two ships in the coming months and will look forward to yours.

Bon Voyage!

Chris & Mike from Michigan

Hi! Yes, I don't see many of the names from that roll call. Back in January to the CB? That'll be very nice, like visiting an old friend.

We've done the Caribbean four January's in a row, it was time to try something new. So we chose the Sapphire Princess out of LA.

Archived