Am I the only one who likes the idea of an inside cabin...

We have booked a South Pacific cruise on Rhapsody in February 2014, and we will be on the bottom deck, inside cabins, 2537 and 2539. I know the cabins will be small, they are basically the cheapest cabins on the ship.

But I would really love to know if I'm the only one who actually likes the idea of an inside cabin: no sunshine streaming in during the early hours, a bit quieter (hopefully), and no looking at the swell (I'm very prone to sea-sickness).

Love to hear what others think.

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app[/quoteI

Since I need total darkness to sleep, I LOVE inside rooms! Added benefit for booking cheaper rooms - I can cruise 2-3 times a year. One exception to this preference will be our Akaskan cruise.

RE : "Living Dead", harsh or not.

LOL, Depends on how you take it. Where I'm from, people are crazy about zombies. From someone in the "living dead" category, I got the giggles thinking of a room service breakfast hanger with "BRAAAAAAAINNNNNS" written in! :D

Edited by Luckybrat

Ha ha, that's funny. Oh well, I've booked what I've booked, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let a cabin stop me from enjoying my cruise.

If there's one thing I've learned from CC, it's that there are a million cruisers out there with a million different opinions, and that the attitude you take on the ship determines the quality of the cruise you will have.

:):)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I agree 100%. Any trip is what you make of it.

I DO like the inside cabins!!! I am rarely in the cabin anyway. (Too much fun waiting outside) I have MAJOR insomnia, even at home in my comfy bed & dark dark room, so I need as much help as possible getting as much sleep as possible, so I see it as an advantage.

You go, Enjoy your cruise, and spend that extra money on your excursion, because like you said. it's all in the attitude!

RE : "Living Dead", harsh or not.

LOL, Depends on how you take it. Where I'm from, people are crazy about zombies. From someone in the "living dead" category, I got the giggles thinking of a room service breakfast hanger with "BRAAAAAAAINNNNNS" written in! :D

I think it safe to say that most of the posters who book inside cabins took that "living dead" comment the way it was intended. I always think it's best to giggle WITH someone not AT someone. Just MHO. Oy, I can feel the flames begin. :eek::rolleyes:

Edited by BonTexasNY

That's the great thing about humor. It takes away the power from the bully to ruin your day when you make a joke about it rather than take offense. If you let a bully of any kind's word ruins your day, they win.

Not directing this at the person that said "living dead",I thought it was funny and if you've seen me pre-caffeine in the morning, it's accurate,too. I work with the public and play on the internets so bullies and trolls are a fact of life, and humor is a survival skill. No way on earth am I letting anyone ruin one minute of a vacation I spent the last year saving and sacrificing for.

Now where's that soft serve machine...

DH and I have booked equally inside and outside. We really haven't noticed a significant difference in room space. We are more concerned with picking rooms that will be as noise free as possible. We don't want to make the mistake of booking rooms that were too low or were under a nightclub, or galley. I make sure to study deck plans to avoid these areas as well as to ensure we aren't near elevators and staircases, We probably would not ever pay the extra fees for a balcony though. We just feel for us that the balcony space just isn't worth the money. Besides, we cruise to experience the ship, meet amazing people and have fun. The real beauty of it, is that we all have choices....there's no wrong or right way and what's really nice, is that the room stewards give the same quality of service regardless of what room you choose.

I also booked an inside because of its affordability otherwise going on balcony would mean no excursions for me...nd the fact that I'm a first time cruiser I'm a little bit scared of waking up with the 1st view of n ocean...

I also booked an inside because of its affordability otherwise going on balcony would mean no excursions for me...nd the fact that I'm a first time cruiser I'm a little bit scared of waking up with the 1st view of n ocean...

Your first view in the morning wouldn't have to be the ocean. You could sloooowly open the drapes. ;)

Hope you have a great time. :)

We did experience quite a vibration from the engine stabilizers when on the lower decks closer to the aft. I am very sensitive to this but it didn't bother my husband. Much worse for us was when we were near the bow and the anchor being lowered early in the morning ( especially after a late night of partying lol). I prefer inside midship usually deck 5 or 6. Great for the seasick like myself. But lately we have been balcony cruisers and we love that too!

We have booked a South Pacific cruise on Rhapsody in February 2014, and we will be on the bottom deck, inside cabins, 2537 and 2539. I know the cabins will be small, they are basically the cheapest cabins on the ship.

But I would really love to know if I'm the only one who actually likes the idea of an inside cabin: no sunshine streaming in during the early hours, a bit quieter (hopefully), and no looking at the swell (I'm very prone to sea-sickness).

We love our inside stateroom!! We sleep extremely sound when it is dark outside. Taking a nap in the daytime is awesome...an hour feels like several hours. Besides, who stays in their room? I go on a cruise to get out and do things, not hang out in a bedroom. Enjoy your cruise and your inside stateroom...

Taking a nap in the daytime is awesome...an hour feels like several hours. Besides, who stays in their room? I go on a cruise to get out and do things, not hang out in a bedroom. Enjoy your cruise and your inside stateroom...

Sounds a little contradictory. Napping? "I go on a cruise to get out and do things, not hang out in a bedroom".

I don't go on a cruise to sleep/nap. If I 'were' to "nap" it would be out on the deck. There are plenty of quiet areas to be found.

Not knocking anyone's choice.

We love our inside stateroom!! We sleep extremely sound when it is dark outside. Taking a nap in the daytime is awesome...an hour feels like several hours. Besides, who stays in their room? I go on a cruise to get out and do things, not hang out in a bedroom. Enjoy your cruise and your inside stateroom...

Nothing better than spending a day in sun and coming back to a nice cool, dark room for a shower and short nap before dinner :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sounds a little contradictory. Napping? "I go on a cruise to get out and do things, not hang out in a bedroom".

I don't go on a cruise to sleep/nap. If I 'were' to "nap" it would be out on the deck. There are plenty of quiet areas to be found.

Not knocking anyone's choice.

Actually, I consider my cruise a time to get away, meet new people, take a nap if I chose to do so and like I said, an hour makes you feel like you have rested for hours. Besides, I work 14 hours a day, working two jobs so if you thought I sounded contradictory, too bad. BTW, the nap taker is my husband, not me.. I was just giving a benefit of staying in an inside stateroom..

Actually, I consider my cruise a time to get away, meet new people, take a nap if I chose to do so and like I said, an hour makes you feel like you have rested for hours. Besides, I work 14 hours a day, working two jobs so if you thought I sounded contradictory, too bad. BTW, the nap taker is my husband, not me.. I was just giving a benefit of staying in an inside stateroom..

Didn't, mean to ruffle your feathers.

What does working 14 hours a day, and working two jobs, have to do with sounding contradictory?

Edited by WetToes

agreed, there are places where you can get away from your wife on the boat.

Well if you'd have an inside cabin then maybe you would go on a $700 cruise instead...:p

And if all you do is to stare at your wife then something might be wrong anyway...:D

I don't share that preference (for an inside cabin) but I respect it. We're all different and want different things from a cruise. I think CC's article on choosing a cabin points out that if you will be spending most of your time on ship activities, and just going back to your cabin to shower & sleep, there is no reason to spend the money for a fancy cabin. Personally, I'm disabled, not much of a mingler, and anticipate spending lots of time in my cabin, so I didn't even consider anything without a balcony. I look forward to watching sailaway from my own balcony, enjoying breakfast on my balcony, watching spectacular sunsets from my balcony ... you see the pattern. ;)

(hope this doesn't trigger people to urge me to get out of the cabin more - my husband is very supportive and will wheelchair me wherever I want, and I will definitely go do anything I feel like doing. But most of what I expect to feel like doing is to sit on my balcony and watch the ocean ooze by.)

........... Personally, I'm disabled, not much of a mingler, and anticipate spending lots of time in my cabin, so I didn't even consider anything without a balcony. I look forward to watching sailaway from my own balcony, enjoying breakfast on my balcony, watching spectacular sunsets from my balcony ... you see the pattern. ;)

(hope this doesn't trigger people to urge me to get out of the cabin more - my husband is very supportive and will wheelchair me wherever I want, and I will definitely go do anything I feel like doing. But most of what I expect to feel like doing is to sit on my balcony and watch the ocean ooze by.)

Understand completely.

I am not disabled and do not use a wheelchair, but greatly enjoy having a balcony for all the same reasons you do. :D

It is very nice having the best of both available throughout the entire cruise, with the choice always being yours -- to enjoy the privacy of your own balcony whenever you choose, and also to enjoy the public areas of the ship whenever you choose.

For those who do not want a private balcony at all, that is fine.

But it is wonderful to have the choice for those of us who do.

Inside rooms are cheaper and the darkness is great for naps and a sound sleep. There is enough room since we spend very little time in the cabin. I can afford to go on more cruises by getting inside rooms.

We always book a balcony and put our teens in an inside opposite us.

I am claustrophobic and also suffer from SAD so love the openness of a balcony but I can certainly see the appeal of the interior cabins. They have never seemed much smaller than the standard balcony cabins and for the price they are an absolute bargain. TBH without the benefit of the reduced prices for inside cabins we wouldn't cruise often as we can't afford two balcony rooms each time and if I told me other half he had to spend two weeks sharing one room with his kids I think he would opt to stay at home!;)

Edited by Meggysmum